What's new

Interesting characteristic of the Wuhan Coronavirus

Zsari

Reaction score
Country
China
Studies show the Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCov) specifically targets the ACE2 protein that is 5x more prevalent in Asian males, resulting in easier transmission and higher morbidity rates

renderTimingPixel.png

Studies show the virus should be significantly less deadly outside of Asia due to the virus primarily spreading to and killing Asian males.

Similar to SARS, 2019-nCov targets the ACE2 protein in lung cells. This protein is predominantly found in Asian males.

2.5% of Asian donor cells express ACE2 and only .47% of black and white donor cells. The virus needs ACE2 to inject RNA. Thus the more ACE2 expressed in cells the more easily the virus is transmitted and the higher the morbidity rate.

This can be seen by the virus mostly infecting and killing males (3:1 ratio of infection) and having difficulty spreading outside of Asia.

ACE2 risk:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPnyPKvX0AAtdJ0?format=png&name=900x900

Source studies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16282461/

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.26.919985v1.full

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/01/200131114755.htm

https://asm.org/Press-Releases/2020/Novel-Coronavirus-2019-nCoV-Receptors-Shows-Simila

https://www.cell.com/fulltext/S0092-8674(03)00976-0

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4229671/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00190-6

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18554741

https://pga.gs.washington.edu/gty_data/ace2/

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs1978124 East Asian C=0.99 African C=0.900 South Asian C=0.78 American C=0.71 Europe C=0.53

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs714205 East Asian G=0.54 South Asian G=0.47 American G=0.30 Europe G=0.20 African G=0.101

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs879922 East Asian G=0.96 South Asian G=0.71 American G=0.72 Europe G=0.65 African G=0.454

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs2048683 East Asian G=0.99 African G=0.807 South Asian G=0.80 American G=0.75 Europe G=0.65

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs1877752 East Asian C=0.98 South Asian C=0.71 American C=0.71 Europe C=0.64 African C=0.453

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/snp/rs233575 East Asian A=1.00 African A=0.988 South Asian A=0.82 American A=0.79 Europe A=0.66

Interesting. Further examination is needed to find correlations with decreasing expressions and mutations of LCT gene which causes lactose intolerance. It will further validate this hypothesis surrounding Asian males being targeted by 2019-nCov.

Interesting. Further examination is needed to find correlations with decreasing expressions and mutations of LCT gene which causes lactose intolerance. It will further validate this hypothesis surrounding Asian males being targeted by 2019-nCov.

There are also the reason why the virus is harbouring in/near China. Virus need host to survive, which mean every time a virus mutate, you will see them getting closer to the adaptation of the surrounding host environment, that is how they survive. That is the reason why you mostly see virus culture close to their origin. It's similar why Ebola affected more lung tissue cell with African background, and Zika are more geared toward American Indian.

Basically, you called the fact that a virus discovered in Asia have ability to inflect specifically Asian people are "Interesting" lol.

If a viable genetic mutation can be make by human and weaponized it. I probably wont choose Coronavirus. First, it's virology is not predictable. You get it from causing mile respiratory distress to full blown pneumonia and the mortality rate is comparatively low. If people namely "the evil US" have the technology to do that, if I were them, I would choose something more potent to engineer it. Like Ebola, Nipah even SARS are better candidate. And I would most definitely target women instead of men. Because human can still reproduce with limited male verus numerous female. But reproduction effort would be seriously hampered if you have numerous male and limited female.

Last edited:
There are also the reason why the virus is harbouring in/near China. Virus need host to survive, which mean every time a virus mutate, you will see them getting closer to the adaptation of the surrounding host environment, that is how they survive. That is the reason why you mostly see virus culture close to their origin. It's similar why Ebola affected more lung tissue cell with African background, and Zika are more geared toward American Indian

If a viable genetic mutation can be make by human and weaponized it. I probably wont choose Coronavirus. First, it's virology is not predictable. You get it from causing mile respiratory distress to full blown pneumonia and the mortality rate is comparatively low. If people namely "the evil US" have the technology to do that, if I were them, I would choose something more potent to engineer it. Like Ebola, Nipah even SARS are better candidate.
SARS also targets ACE2 protein just as corona does.

SARS also targets ACE2 protein just as corona does.

The same thing applies to SARS applies to this corona virus, given that they both are coronavirus and they both cultured to China, they would have similar sequence of mutation if they are both culture around China naturally .

Last edited:
Studies show the virus should be significantly less deadly outside of Asia due to the virus primarily spreading to and killing Asian males.

Similar to SARS, 2019-nCov targets the ACE2 protein in lung cells. This protein is predominantly found in Asian males.

2.5% of Asian donor cells express ACE2 and only .47% of black and white donor cells. The virus needs ACE2 to inject RNA. Thus the more ACE2 expressed in cells the more easily the virus is transmitted and the higher the morbidity rate.

This can be seen by the virus mostly infecting and killing males (3:1 ratio of infection) and having difficulty spreading outside of Asia.

I think the result is interesting but seriously lacks sufficient samples.

If I am not mistaken, this article is mainly based on Zuo Wei's study, right?

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.26.919985v1.full

We also noticed that the only Asian donor (male) has a much higher ACE2-expressing cell ratio than white and African American donors (2.50% vs. 0.47% of all cells). This might explain the observation that the new Coronavirus pandemic and previous SARS-Cov pandemic are concentrated in the Asian area.

But it is also worth pointing out that there are only eight samples in this study, and the only Asian man used to smoke...

F1.large.jpg

From the perspective of smoking status, at least one Asian man who has never smoked is needed.

Besides, there is study indicates the smokers may be more susceptible to COVID-19.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202002.0051/v1

So Zuo wei's study needs to be further verified. The conclusion should not be of reference significance until there are large-scale data samples.

-------

不过,由于国内已多次发生令人忧虑的违法对外交易基因样本资料的案件。(例如,华大基因贩卖案件。)

我认为这个研究还是有必要得到重视,如果可以获得更多数据支持这个观点,意义较大。

Last edited:
There are also the reason why the virus is harbouring in/near China. Virus need host to survive, which mean every time a virus mutate, you will see them getting closer to the adaptation of the surrounding host environment, that is how they survive. That is the reason why you mostly see virus culture close to their origin. It's similar why Ebola affected more lung tissue cell with African background, and Zika are more geared toward American Indian.

Basically, you called the fact that a virus discovered in Asia have ability to inflect specifically Asian people are "Interesting" lol.

If a viable genetic mutation can be make by human and weaponized it. I probably wont choose Coronavirus. First, it's virology is not predictable. You get it from causing mile respiratory distress to full blown pneumonia and the mortality rate is comparatively low. If people namely "the evil US" have the technology to do that, if I were them, I would choose something more potent to engineer it. Like Ebola, Nipah even SARS are better candidate. And I would most definitely target women instead of men. Because human can still reproduce with limited male verus numerous female. But reproduction effort would be seriously hampered if you have numerous male and limited female.
Yes, its one possibility. But it doesnt expell the theory, that nCov COULD be artificial. The intention COULD be just for testing or sending a "message" or just to weakening the economy.

Nonsense. Viruses are not creatures. They don't have to adapt to local environment. For viruses, environment is their host body. If the host is constant temperature animal, the environment is always stable. For example, if the host is human, viruses are in the same environment no matter the host is in tropical forest or Antarctica. So people in different places can have same disease. Unless the very tiny differences between different human races do play a key role for the virus environment(Quite impossible for a virus natural evolution).

Bats, like human beings, have very strong environmental adaptability. They are everywhere.

Last edited:

No. For the virus, it serves no advantage to target race specific receptors as Asians are as vulnerable to virus that targets common receptors as race specific ones. Neither Zika nor Ebola targets race specific receptor. Zika does not spread elsewhere as the carrier for the disease is a local mosquito not common outside the region. More importantly both virus kills/inflict any racial group as effectively as the native population it spreads from. It simply lack the conduit to spread, whereas the SARs and coronavirus not only has a less chance of spreading amount those with lower % of ACE2, but it is less deadly for them if the study is correct.

Last edited:
The UK guy fighting for his life in Thailand is a white male. Ash Shorely.

upload_2020-2-13_17-17-3.jpeg

upload_2020-2-13_17-14-32.jpeg

He had to be carried by specialized seaplane because his damaged lungs could not cope with high altitude travel

Last edited:
No. For the virus, it serves no advantage to target race specific receptors as Asians are as vulnerable to virus that targets common receptors as race specific ones. Neither Zika nor Ebola targets race specific receptor. Zika does not spread elsewhere as the carrier for the disease is a local mosquito not common outside the region. More importantly both virus kills/inflict any racial group as effectively as the native population it spreads from. It simply lack the conduit to spread, whereas the SARs and coronavirus not only has a less chance of spreading amount those with lower % of ACE2, but it is less deadly for them if the study is correct.

Actually, it does....If you know how virology works.

A virus is a simple DNA mechanism, which mean without a host, a virus cannot survive. Which mean if a virus want to survive, they have to infect something, or someone.

A virus usually try to infect people with geographical proximity. If a virus is found in Africa, then the natural reservoir would be population in Africa. Which mean the virus would either try to infect local population to survive, or local population will get infected by whatever mean (like eating infected pork, monkey or so on) and get the virus that way. What that mean is local population would have infected a least threaten form (or mild form) of the original virus, and then get antibodies for it, and kills off the virus, however, what virus does in order to survive is to adapt to the surrounding antibodies which is gene specific. So by each mutation, they are going to be more adaptive to the local population in order to survive longer to infect other, because that is their way of reproduction.

Hence you will find local virus usually target local population, like Ebola usually wreck the local African population but white people got infected seldom dies. (I think the ratio, I read somewhere is about 63% of infected African dies, versus 26% of other races)

And Zika did spread to USA or Even Europe, they are not local like you said, that is because you are describing the Zoonotic stage (cross species infection). Once it hit human to human, which zika does, it does not limited on mosquito, but rather human movement between population. Another point you need to notice is that South American also have a huge white or mixed population. They aren't as affected as the American Indian in South America.

Nonsense. Viruses are not creatures. They don't have to adapt to local environment. For viruses, environment is their host body. If the host is constant temperature animal, the environment is always stable. For example, if the host is human, viruses are in the same environment no matter the host is in tropical forest or Antarctica. So people in different places can have same disease. Unless the very tiny differences between different human races do play a key role for the virus environment(Quite impossible for a virus natural evolution).

Bats, like human beings, have very strong environmental adaptability. They are everywhere.

lol, that show how much you DON'T KNOW about virus. Virus need to reproduce, and the only way they can do it is when they infect their host, be it animal, insect or human. That is how they carry out their reproduction.

And each warm blooded animal (that is for those of you who don't know the correct term, BTW, the correct term is Endothermic Mammal) have its way to defeat virus, and it basically force the virus to adapt itself via mutation. And virus does not discriminate, which mean they will infect everything that come into contact with. And human are one of the factor in this equation, and if Virus have come into contact with human before outbreak, which is where they are going to be mutate to adapt to that group of human immune system in order to destroy it.

You expose enough human to a virus, it (the virus) would mutate to a form where they can infect human directly if they can't do it originally, that is the principal of zoonotic evolution, otherwise if it is like what you said, virus can never infect human from the get go. This is also how epidemiologist locate the origin of the virus.

Yes, its one possibility. But it doesnt expell the theory, that nCov COULD be artificial. The intention COULD be just for testing or sending a "message" or just to weakening the economy.

If you have to state the "Could" and "Would" then everything in this world COULD happens.

If the question is "Could COVID-19 be artificial" the answer is always going to be IT COULD. Why? Because if we use the word "Could" which mean no matter how unlikely, like 0.000001%, the possibility, as long as the answer is not absolute, there COULD be the fact.

You need to ask yourself, instead of "Could COVID-19 be artificial' you need to ask "Is it likely that COVID-19 is artificial" then the answer is very unlikely.

Why would a country develop an advance biological weapon program like this would send you a "Message" If I am going to put that much money into a program, would I be trying to make it one of the holy grail weapon? I mean this is not some deterrent weapon, because if such weapon exist, there are no effective way to counter it. Which make "sending a message" a moot point. Simply because if I use it, whether you get the message or not, there are nothing you can do about it anyway. As for economic effect, well, wouldn't it be better if I infect and disable most of your population using a more potent virus? I mean, as I said, corona virus is known for it instability, one person get it can develop respiratory distress and be cure, when another person get it would have a viral pneumonia and died, and that number is not at all high. I mean if I were to put money into a program, should I be using something more potent? There is a reason why Flu/SARS is not listed in Cat A bioweapon restriction, you have Ebola, MARV, Anthrax or Plague are Cat A and SARS and other virus are only in Cat C.

And each warm blooded animal (that is for those of you who don't know the correct term, BTW, the correct term is Endothermic Mammal) have its way to defeat virus, and it basically force the virus to adapt itself via mutation. And virus does not discriminate, which mean they will infect everything that come into contact with. And human are one of the factor in this equation, and if Virus have come into contact with human before outbreak, which is where they are going to be mutate to adapt to that group of human immune system in order to destroy it.

You type alot and try to sound smart by thinking "Endothermic Mammal" is a fancy term, write alot about irrelevant little trivia, and in the end, say nothing. What a joke.

BTW, warm blooded animals includes birds, not just mammals. This is hilarious.

You type alot and try to sound smart by thinking "Endothermic Mammal" is a fancy term, write alot about irrelevant little trivia, and in the end, say nothing. What a joke.

BTW, warm blooded animals includes birds, not just mammals. This is hilarious.

Umm, maybe next time you should read what I replied to before open your mouth water gun blazing.

He specifically mentioned Bat. which is an mammal, which is what I refer to (and what you claimed) as such, which is a dig at his "temperature animal" I though you are smart enough to digest I know the fact that there are warm blooded birds, lizard by referring it to "warm blooded ANIMAL" but I guess you are too stupid to pick that up.

Oh yeah, aren't you the one who look up Benford's Law on Wikipedia (or wherever you look it up on) and accuse me, who learn that in school, of just copying it from Wikipedia?? Then yourself got busted by trying to say that (the fake data) is a base 10 occurrence. LOL

lol, that show how much you DON'T KNOW about virus. Virus need to reproduce, and the only way they can do it is when they infect their host, be it animal, insect or human. That is how they carry out their reproduction.

You expose enough human to a virus, it (the virus) would mutate to a form where they can infect human directly if they can't do it originally, that is the principal of zoonotic evolution, otherwise if it is like what you said, virus can never infect human from the get go. This is also how epidemiologist locate the origin of the virus.

The rest of your post. Well, No reply value what-so-ever.

Back
Top Bottom