What's new

Insulting Behavior of US Writers Against Pakistan & Retreat of American Forces from Afghanistan

I will be very blunt; this OpEd by Khalid Baig is nothing but misinformation, conspiracy theories and just mere concoction of lies on the part of the scribe. We very well believe in “freedom of speech” but when that freedom is misused it is our right to point that out. The truth is that the United States has always called Pakistan a strategic ally. There is no denying that we have had our challenges but both countries have worked together to overcome those challenges. On this forum and on many others we have emphasized the importance of Pakistan in the region and in the world community. We all know that for a stable Afghanistan we need a strong and stable Pakistan. Just two days ago our Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson had said, “The United States remains committed in its pledge to the people of Pakistan in their efforts to counter terrorism and build a peaceful future.” This statement shows that our leaders are concerned about the future of the people of Pakistan. The United States through USAID spends millions of dollars on education, energy, agriculture and medicine in Pakistan yearly. Why would we do that if we are out to destroy Pakistan? The scribe is trying to confuse the issue of terrorism that has plagued the region. It is the truth and a fact that we are in the region to fight terrorism and not to promote it. We know firsthand what it feels like to be hit by terrorism. We have always condemned violence that claims innocent Pakistani lives. Let me tell you that our leadership has made it clear that Pakistan is a partner, who we will continue to support even when our troops leave the region. As far as Christine Fair’s books and articles are concerned, they are in no way representation of the people and government of the United States. Ms. Fair is an individual and makes a living through publication and I guess she writes what sells just like Mr. Baig.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command
www.centcom.mil/ur

945f643974f4e9d92541316d3463e9e3c8ad45289e78d9e54dc833dab36e5635.jpg

I respect C. Fair as a researcher perhaps not as a journalist. Saying that, I must say, that it's very easy to answer most of what she writes, I did so in a post here a day back. I'd welcome any cross questioning/examinations on my answers to her piece. I do not know why we get so worked over her?

Secondly, we need to differentiate between USA (State) and USA (media/people) these two things are very different and must be dealt with very differently.

Reflection of my point, we cannot let media/individual opinions derail state-state interactions.
I will be very blunt; this OpEd by Khalid Baig is nothing but misinformation, conspiracy theories and just mere concoction of lies on the part of the scribe. We very well believe in “freedom of speech” but when that freedom is misused it is our right to point that out. The truth is that the United States has always called Pakistan a strategic ally. There is no denying that we have had our challenges but both countries have worked together to overcome those challenges. On this forum and on many others we have emphasized the importance of Pakistan in the region and in the world community. We all know that for a stable Afghanistan we need a strong and stable Pakistan. Just two days ago our Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson had said, “The United States remains committed in its pledge to the people of Pakistan in their efforts to counter terrorism and build a peaceful future.” This statement shows that our leaders are concerned about the future of the people of Pakistan. The United States through USAID spends millions of dollars on education, energy, agriculture and medicine in Pakistan yearly. Why would we do that if we are out to destroy Pakistan? The scribe is trying to confuse the issue of terrorism that has plagued the region. It is the truth and a fact that we are in the region to fight terrorism and not to promote it. We know firsthand what it feels like to be hit by terrorism. We have always condemned violence that claims innocent Pakistani lives. Let me tell you that our leadership has made it clear that Pakistan is a partner, who we will continue to support even when our troops leave the region. As far as Christine Fair’s books and articles are concerned, they are in no way representation of the people and government of the United States. Ms. Fair is an individual and makes a living through publication and I guess she writes what sells just like Mr. Baig.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command
www.centcom.mil/ur

Back
Top Bottom