What's new

Installation of barbed wires at Torkham causes dispute

Bro I think we are on same page for the most part. But I beg to differ on certain implementation aspects and I think about more in longer term with a cooler mind. We are emotional people, first we allowed them all and opened the whole border without any checks and controls and now we want deport all....We are just thinking in black and white while the reality has many shades of grey too.

I understand where you are coming from and you have a point, but there is a lot of anger against these backstabbing Afghans. Anyhow, I've no issues with those Afghans that are loyal to Pakistan. I agree, those do exist. Those that despise our country, yet live among us need to be kicked out ASAP.

I understand where you are coming from and you have a point, but there is a lot of anger against these backstabbing Afghans. Anyhow, I've no issues with those Afghans that are loyal to Pakistan. I agree, those do exist. Those that despise our country, yet live among us need to be kicked out ASAP.
Ofcourse, you cannot live in a country and hate it at the same time though you can criticise govt on some policies but not against the state of Pakistan. I live in and love the state of USA but I differ with a lot of their policies like normal Americans do.

Why would Afghanistan allow you to mine the border so you can be safer???? Here is what they are doing behind the scenes, read the link below.

I've said it since I became a member here, MINE THE DAMN BORDER. All legal residents will know how to cross it through immigration or check posts. The ones crossing it hiding, are the bad guys who'll go kill innocent civilians on either side. Those terrorist scums deserve to die before they can kill one human being without reason. So eff the wire, just mine the damn border!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/opinion/time-to-put-the-squeeze-on-pakistan.html?_r=1
For the first time, I agree with you :)

Why would Afghanistan allow you to mine the border so you can be safer???? Here is what they are doing behind the scenes, read the link below.

I've said it since I became a member here, MINE THE DAMN BORDER. All legal residents will know how to cross it through immigration or check posts. The ones crossing it hiding, are the bad guys who'll go kill innocent civilians on either side. Those terrorist scums deserve to die before they can kill one human being without reason. So eff the wire, just mine the damn border!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/opinion/time-to-put-the-squeeze-on-pakistan.html?_r=1
It was proposed in Pervaiz Musharaf,s tenure but there was UN and EU pressure so this proposal was rejected however we need a realistic border policy fencing is useless in a mountain border where militants have used tunnel networks to operate

Actually afghans are angry because pakistan put bans on afghan citizens visiting pak without pasport.
From 1 june every afghan who want to visit pakistan will first get visa on his afghan pasport. so afghan think that first pasport now border sealing thats why they are reacting.

Hit them if they ever do something against us. We have right to do whatever it takes to secure our border. Afghan's opposition is unbelievable.

Ab yeh auqat hogai hai hamari k afghani b humey pressurize karney ki koshish kar rahe hain.

Pakistanis!!! go ahead dammit. No one will respect you if you submit to Afghanistan.

MINE THE BORDER.....We are doing it on our land and if they try to attack us, we will make sure they forget all invasions happened so far to their land.:angry::angry:
Most childish Reply... They are Pashtuns and Pashtuns live in Pakistan too... secure the Border Area with waziristan... that is the one used most and there are other Passes which our Goverment is well aware of, We could solve this on the Tables...

Most childish Reply... They are Pashtuns and Pashtuns live in Pakistan too... secure the Border Area with waziristan... that is the one used most and there are other Passes which our Goverment is well aware of, We could solve this on the Tables...

So what if pashtuns live on our side too? Haven't Pashtuns suffered the most from this hell hole afghanistan than any other ethnic group. We can't just let this non sense from Afghanistan. Otherwise be prepare for more APS attacks from these morons....

Border should be open at certain legal points only

Similar to how Pakistanis objected to LoC fencing...
Because the other side of the LoC is part of J&K that is under illegal Indian occupation in violation of UN resolutions. Pak-Afghan border is international boundary. Two cases are different.

as i said earlier just like Pakistan and india consider kashmir as a disputed territory Afghanistan and Pakistan have durrand line issue (the border of pak and afghan) both claim it and that's why Afghanistan doesn't want proper border with Pakistan because people especially pashtuns of the border areas have relatives living on the both sides so that's the reason for hatred among pak and afghan and the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan and india is made by British so we don't accept it ever heard of pashto songs u will find verses describing the torkham border and brotherhood among pashtuns that's why we don't want to have a border with Afghanistan and by the way i am from Pakistan side the southern kpk
Afghans doesn't want but still this is not termed as disputed territory but durand line is considered as a working border anywhere...
Do try checking out some maps...
End of your bla bla...

If they don't like barb-wiring we also have other 2 options. 1) Wall and last resort 2) Land mines. So either way we will now stop these influx of these suckers on our land, we are done with them; ENOUGH!

Border should be open at certain legal points only
Well at least if we study the Background of People living there and doing movement we may understand a FEW cultural things, And the best way for the Security of Pakistan and Afghanistan is to establish Visa centers on both sides of the border with the facility of Bio metrics and give Visa to in a single day.

A fiercely patriotic sign at Torkham border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.
556081bda508b.jpg

4096.jpg

Pakistani border guard stands alert as Afghanistan brings more troops to the Border ! Notice the installation of barbed wires on the Afghan side !! So whats the issue if we do the same ?

5480077fd3557.jpg
5480077fa37d5.jpg
44A96363-33E6-42DD-AB22-A363D3E14727_cx0_cy10_cw0_mw1024_s_n_r1.jpg

Attachments

• news-1463030805-2185_large.jpg
    news-1463030805-2185_large.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
It was proposed in Pervaiz Musharaf,s tenure but there was UN and EU pressure so this proposal was rejected however we need a realistic border policy fencing is useless in a mountain border where militants have used tunnel networks to operate
For fencing a large no of force is required to manned the fenced border. Our economy is not in a position to support this effort even government is not releasing funds for IDPs. Nevertheless given the amount of illegal crossings government should consider this idea.

Back
Top Bottom