What's new

INS Satpura : Second P-17 stealth frigate commissioning tomorrow

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
INS Satpura : Second P-17 stealth frigate commissioning tomorrow

Shiv Aroor reporting....

Will be in Mumbai from tomorrow for the commissioning of INS Satpura into service on Saturday at the naval dockyard. She's the second Project 17 (Shivalik-class) indigenous stealth frigate built by Mazagon Dock Ltd (MDL). Let me know what you want to know about the ship (that isn't classified obviously).

Livefist: To Mumbai For Commissioning Of INS Satpura

Hopefully P-17B has a better superstructure b/c so far these aren't stealth frigates at all. Compare these to the La Fayette class or the Visby corvette. Also is the construction quality worse on the second frigate or is it just the paint job???

image_n%5C3b.gif

Hopefully P-17B has a better superstructure b/c so far these aren't stealth frigates at all. Compare these to the La Fayette class or the Visby corvette. Also is the construction quality worse on the second frigate or is it just the paint job???
and better to make on time, on schedule not like P-17 which take around 9-10 yr. coze of this cost rise etc.......

Next is P-17A not B.

@ Kinetic
Looks like two of the three destroyers have been fixed with MF STAR. Can anyone tell me whats that vessel behind second destroyer ? I mean is it even a naval warship ? Its a real hot picture from Shukla ji.

Thousand thanks for this picture!

thanks a billion for the pic

Thanks dudes, its actually Col Ajai Shukla. I was also waiting for some updates on P-15A.

@ Kinetic
Looks like two of the three destroyers have been fixed with MF STAR. Can anyone tell me whats that vessel behind second destroyer ? I mean is it even a naval warship ? Its a real hot picture from Shukla ji.

Yes, I think INS Kolkata already fitted with MF-STAR and INS Kochi undergoing fitting. The vessel behind doesn't look like a frigate or destroyer but might be belongs to navy.

2_449347_1_248.jpg

A handout photograph released by the Indian Navy yesterday of INS Satpura during sea trials

MUMBAI: The Indian Navy enhanced its sea warfare capabilities by commissioning the second indigenously-built multi-role stealth warship - INS Satpura - with an array of weaponry in its arsenal Saturday.

The state of the art frigate - 142.5 metres long and displacement of 6,200 tonnes - was commissioned by Naval Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma.

The stealth frigate was to be inaugurated by Defence Minister A.K. Antony but he cancelled his trip to Mumbai at the last minute.

The commissioning was marked by hoisting of the naval flag on the ship by Verma and a naval band playing the national anthem.

Indian Navy's second indigenous stealth frigate to be commissioned - The Economic Times

Yes, I think INS Kolkata already fitted with MF-STAR and INS Kochi undergoing fitting. The vessel behind doesn't look like a frigate or destroyer but might be belongs to navy.
Are they making some OPVs also ? Because it soenot looks big enough to be a frigate but it might be corvette or OPV. Corvettes are build by GRSE.

Back
Top Bottom