What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

so you mean punjabis work hard, balochis dont???, and thats why balochistan is so backward?

What a dumb question.

Balochistan is run by landlords. It cannot be compared with Punjab. Nobody said anything about it being 'backward'. There are basic problems there, such as 'equality rights' that can only be solved by local natives. If Punjabis take part to help them, then they (Balochi leaders) will ask for independence.

so you mean punjabis work hard, balochis dont???, and thats why balochistan is so backward?

Security, education, and people's mentality is the problem. When was the last time a foreigner was kidnapped in Punjab or when was the last time someone was killed in Punjab because of his ethnic group or political party affiliation?

I being a Muslim Pakistani would not feel safe travelling to Balochistan. How can any foreign businessman invest in that crazy chaotic unsafe province?

I think Karachi needs to plant lots of trees. Even desert countries like Saudi Arabia has become greener.

Creek City Marina, Karachi

Render:
seaview1.jpg

AerialView.jpg

Construction site:

2-5.jpg

3674302749_27a0e78e23_o.jpg

Updates:

SDFfffe.png

DSC08124.jpg

DSC08127.jpg

DSC08130.jpg

New Library of Comsats University, Islamabad

36555_355122351217658_134699573259938_75248971_147  8218237_n.jpg

Muslim Town Flyover, Lahore

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the answer to your own question

In your previous posts you were saying that Karachi produces 70% of Pakistan's revenues.
LOL can you people not spend pennies to grow trees and grass?

In your previous posts you were saying that Karachi produces 70% of Pakistan's revenues.

dude we spend enough, you should look at the pictures of karachi, its very green

4375503371_2b2e1f57be_b.jpg

38951882.jpg

29286253.jpg

40996386.jpg

sp_a0217.jpg

Hmmn...! These are not the kind of developments that fill me with much confidence ! When the 'real-estate' bubble burst in Dubai they actually needed Abu Dhabi to bail them out...! This isn't sustainable development....I was hoping to see some (if not primarily) industrialization !

Revenue collection does not mean Karachi or Sindh gets to spend that money.

The sum assigned to the Provincial Governments under Article 3 shall be
distributed amongst the Provinces on the basis of the percentage specified against each:-

(a) Balochistan - 9.09%
(b) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - 14.62%
(c) Punjab - 51.74%
(d) Sindh - 24.55%

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/budgetinbrief_2011_12.pdf

Hmmn...! These are not the kind of developments that fill me with much confidence ! When the 'real-estate' bubble burst in Dubai they actually needed Abu Dhabi to bail them out...! This isn't sustainable development....I was hoping to see some (if not primarily) industrialization !

Real estate is part of the infrastructure needed to support industrialization. Construction creates jobs and stimulates the economy which supports consumption & demand for products that industrialists then invest to produce.

Haq's Musings: Housing Construction and Economic Growth in Pakistan

The case of Abu Dhabi doesn't apply to Pakistan because Pakistan has a large local population that can easily absorb new commercial buildings & housing with high occupancy rates.

Back
Top Bottom