What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

KKH Upgrade

construction-on-the-kkh.jpg

kkh5.jpg

124721257_31n.jpg

chinese_labour_migrants_on_karakoram_highway.jpg

This isn't the KKH, it's the Gilgit-Skardu road. I had no idea that they had already begun work on it. Thanks cb4, today is a good day!

Chinese guy, my friend, said 'chicken $hit' when he saw this thread, so sorry.

It's ok. It's not as if we care.

Karachi Mass Transit Programme and KCR reviewed

May 30, 2013.
Sindh Chief Secretary Muhammad Ijaz Chaudhry has asked the Karachi Urban Transport Company (KUTC) and Karachi Mass Transit Programme (KMTP) to prepare a joint-need based presentation on Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) and Karachi Circular Railway (KCR), so that due support of Federal and Provincial Governments might be attained for farther necessities.

While presiding a review meeting in his office here on Wednesday, he maintained that ground realities must be kept in view in this connection. Earlier, in the KUTC presentation, the rail and road based Mass Transit Project, identified by JICA study, were highlighted by two rail-based and six bus-based routes. The rail-based routes included (i) New Sabzi Mandi to Tower via M.A. Jinnah Road, with 22.4 kms length, that is, 14.1 kms elevated and 8.3 kms underground. (ii) Nagan Chawrangi to Korangi via Rashid Minhas Road, with 18.5 kms length al elevated.

Road-based routes are (i) Surjani to Juma Goth Market via Nazimabad/North Nazimabad, (21.1 kms), (ii) Malir Cantonment to Regal Chowk via University Road (24.4 kms) (iii) Dawood Chawrangi to Numaish/Lucky Star (20.4 kmk), (iv) Orangi to Matric Board Office (3.9 kms), (V) Baldia to Shershah via Hub River Road (9.7 kms) and (vi) Hawkesbay to Gulbai via Mauripur Road (11.8 kms).

The Chief Secretary noted that the joint presentation should be accomplished by Thursday. The meeting was attended by Additional Chief Secretary Arif Ahmed Khan, Secretary Implementation Ms Naheed S. Durrani, Secretary Finance Suhail Rajput, Secretary Transport M.V. Kalhoro, Administrator KMC Hashim Raza Zaidi and MD KUTC Sher Ayaz.

Source: http://www.brecorder.com/business-a-...y/189/1190925/

Lahore:

Are you sure this is under construction I haven't seen any recent news on this theater:/

Shabaz Sharif and Lahore High Court called its construction 'illegal'. It was supposed to be a park or library...

Since Sethi is the CM, he has given the approval with the support of Q-League, who initially started the work

Some of the old projects vids..now lahore looks totally changed thanks to shabaz sharif

canal road

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom