What's new

Infosys, TCS & Wipro go to US campuses to hire local US talent

ok, you are not a serious person i know but for the record its indisputable that indian outsourcing is cheaper, hence why all companies use them, it saves them money.
its a simple equation, indian companies are significantly cheaper, hence companies are willing to put up with variable results, i dont why you think i am jealous, do you know me?
and from briefly talking to you it only reinforces the perception about what a complete nightmare you guys are too work with, hows that?
You are partially correct... it is cheaper yes... but one has to meet the quality metrics set by the client company... so as long as they are meeting those targets, more contracts keep following...
If it weren't the case then we would have seen the death of outsourcing to India few years back... fortunately (or unfortunately for you) that is not the case at the moment... is it?

You are partially correct... it is cheaper yes... but one has to meet the quality metrics set by the client company... so as long as they are meeting those targets, more contracts keep following...
If it weren't the case then we would have seen the death of outsourcing to India few years back... fortunately (or unfortunately for you) that is not the case at the moment... is it?

Yes people who claim to be professional don't seem to have much idea of how quality control works. It doesn't matter how cheap you are, but if you miss a single deadline you gonna have to say bye bye to the project. Specially when the competition is so intense.

you are partially correct as well.

because you guys are cheaper there is more tolerance.

and the tolerance comes in the hurdles that need to be overcome to achieve results.

you are partially correct as well.
because you guys are cheaper there is more tolerance.
and the tolerance comes in the hurdles that need to be overcome to achieve results.
Good quote :tup:

Show me how is tolerance accounted for in SEI CMM level 5 metrics?

Sigh! Thought of posting a long paragraph about user acceptance test, but then again you can't change the pre-opinionated.

Good quote :tup:

Show me how is tolerance accounted for in SEI CMM level 5 metrics?

you misunderstand, to achieve results, and to achieve good results a number of factors are involved.

for example, clear communication and good management are things that can make or break a project, and this is something that is tolerated from the perspective of workers here.

Next year our Software Industry will touch $70 billion.... :victory:

*Figures in USD
IT Services 10.4 13.5 17.8 23.5 31.0
- Exports 7.3 10.0 13.13 18.0 23.1
- Domestic 3.1 3.5 4.5 5.5 7.9
ITES-BPO 3.4 5.2 7.2 9.5 12.5
- Exports 3.1 4.6 6.3 8.4 10.9
- Domestic 0.3 0.6 0.9 1.1 1.6
Engineering services, R&D and Software products 2.9 3.9 5.3 6.5 8.6
- Exports 2.5 3.1 4.0 4.9 6.4
- Domestic 0.4 0.7 1.3 1.6 2.4
Hardware 5.0 5.9 7.0 8.5 12.0
- Exports 0.5 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.5
- Domestic 4.4 5.1 6.5 8.0 11.5
Total IT industry (including hardware) 21.6 28.4 37.4 48.0 64.

Our Domestic IT consumption = $24 billion...
Export $40Billion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technology_in_India

you misunderstand, to achieve results, and to achieve good results a number of factors are involved.
for example, clear communication and good management are things that can make or break a project, and this is something that is tolerated from the perspective of workers here.

Agree that clear communication is an important fact and that is precisely the reason why the Indian companies appoint an account manager for each client, typically an MBA or a senior engineer with multiple prior project experience. He is usually the guy responsible for requirement gathering and project execution. I have worked with several Indian IT vendors (I work for an all American company btw) and usually they tend to me much more friendly to work with my team out here compared to local outsourcing vendors here in the US.

We as a global company like flexibility and that is something the Indian outsourcing companies are willing to provide us. And it does not matter if they bill me $20 less an hour, I would be more than happy to work with any other NA company if he gives me this flexibility. I never had an issue in communication and management skills with any of my vendors.

From your account it looks like either you have a pre-conceived notion about outsourcing or have been burned by a bad outsourcing deal. You have to be careful in negotiations and due diligence... if you don't do your homework properly, you are bound to get hurt... it doesn't matter whether the vendor is local or half way across the globe.

And btw... I have also worked with a small outsourcing company in Karachi as well and I have similar opinions about outsourcing to Pakistan as I have for an Indian company.... Chinese outsourcing companies are a different animal to deal with though.

In all next elections in US the biggest issue will be Jobs (millions out sourced) then terrorism (US wars) and US economy.

Back
Top Bottom