What's new

Information on who in 1949 from Pakistani Air Force bombed Afghanistan?

nvra911

New Recruit

Reaction score
I just read this:

"In one of the government's attempts to suppress tribal uprisings in 1949, a Pakistani air force plane bombed a village just across the frontier."

This is from a Library of Congress website. My lower score doesn't allow me to paste links here so I'm unable to paste the link, but I will try a shortened link:

goo[.]gl/qBl0I

Can someone please tell me if they know more about this operation. Who authorised it? Which planes were used? etc.

Many Thanks

I've found this.....................

Although both Afghanistan and Pakistan made conciliatory gestures, the matter remained unresolved. In one of the government's attempts to suppress tribal uprisings in 1949, a Pakistani air force plane bombed a village just across the frontier. In response, the Afghan government called a loya jirgah, which promptly declared that it recognized "neither the imaginary Durand nor any similar line" and that all agreements--from the 1893 Durand agreement onward--pertaining to the issue were void. Irregular forces led by a local Pashtun leader crossed the border in 1950 and 1951 to back Afghan claims. Pakistan's government refused to accept the Afghan assertion that it had no control over these men, and both nations' ambassadors were withdrawn, but were exchanged again a few months later.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+af0022)

also,another one...........

PAF bombed the village of Mogholgai,inside Afghanistan.Pakistan later claimed the bombing was a mistake and agreed to pay compensation...

Pakistan And The Emergence Of Islamic Militancy In Afghanistan - Google Books

also,read this....

Pashtunistan

the main issue was Durand line and Pakhtunistan..Due to Tribal Uprising,PAF bombed the village and later agreed to compensate..

I've found this.....................

Although both Afghanistan and Pakistan made conciliatory gestures, the matter remained unresolved. In one of the government's attempts to suppress tribal uprisings in 1949, a Pakistani air force plane bombed a village just across the frontier. In response, the Afghan government called a loya jirgah, which promptly declared that it recognized "neither the imaginary Durand nor any similar line" and that all agreements--from the 1893 Durand agreement onward--pertaining to the issue were void. Irregular forces led by a local Pashtun leader crossed the border in 1950 and 1951 to back Afghan claims. Pakistan's government refused to accept the Afghan assertion that it had no control over these men, and both nations' ambassadors were withdrawn, but were exchanged again a few months later.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+af0022)

also,another one...........

PAF bombed the village of Mogholgai,inside Afghanistan.Pakistan later claimed the bombing was a mistake and agreed to pay compensation...

Pakistan And The Emergence Of Islamic Militancy In Afghanistan - Google Books

also,read this....

Pashtunistan

the main issue was Durand line and Pakhtunistan..Due to Tribal Uprising,PAF bombed the village and later agreed to compensate..

Seems about right.

so whats the big deal here.....

Back
Top Bottom