What's new

Industry sees India hitting 10% GDP post GST rollout

This is where you are wrong. Lets say a person earns 1000 a month. He will be spending say 800 a month on goods and services and assuming GST of 10% will be paying 80

A person earning 10000 will buy 8000 worth of services and will pay 800

The rates are same but the rich and poor are charged differentially as they buy and use different goods and services

A poor person will not go to 4-5 star hotel and spend 1000 on a meal. He will go to the local dhaba and have the meal at Rs. 100

OK, so in India of Modi , based on the assumptions on consumption the poor need to consume half roti while rich will consume 2 roti, hence GST will be fair and revolutionary!

OK, so in India of Modi , based on the assumptions on consumption the poor need to consume half roti while rich will consume 2 roti, hence GST will be fair and revolutionary!
No the rich consume their roti in five star hotel and the poor in a dhaba. That is why they pay different prices.

Cant you understand this simple concept. I will consume goods and services according to my income. If I am rich I will consume better quality of goods and services. I will travel in a mercedes instead of a bicycle.

Back
Top Bottom