What's new

Indonesian tourism development news

Wahhab2701

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Tourism is a growing industry in indonesia nowadays. GOI is targeting 9+ million foreign tourists to visit Indonesia this year, it is about 10% increase from the previous year.

I know i could put this post in the Indonesian economic development thread but tourism is not merely economic but culture as well so I decided to make a new thread for it.

I start with a tourism development in the place where I live which is Lombok. Other Indonesian member please contribute by updating us on tourism development in your respective area.

Mandalika Resort Kuta Lombok :: Kuta Lombok Information :: Kuta Lombok Project

@madokafc @MarveL @nufix @Indos your participations are highly appreciated.

Komodo island at a glance
Wonderful Indonesia - Komodo National Park: Into The Heart of The Dragons

I live only 200 kilometres away from the 3 islands inhabited by the mighty lizard komodo. But it is a shame that I have never visited those beautiful island due to poor infrastructure (I am not a big fan of backpack traveling). I prefer to wait until the government established a decent tourism infrastructure before visiting those island. I heard the islands are magnificent.

@al-Hasani bro, this is the island where the creepy lizard living on.

Very good news dear @Wahhab2701

All the best to any Indonesian brother or sisters seeing this post. We Arabs have a special place for Indonesia and Indonesians due to our ancient historical relations be it cultural, linguistic, ancestral and obviously religious. Especially us people from the Arabian Peninsula and mainly Hijaz and Yemen.

@Wahhab2701 I watched a 1 hour long documentary about the Komodo Dragons. They are some very impressive animals and more clever than people think.

This was the documentary I watched the other day.

Where is the Indonesian forum on PDF? I cannot find it.

I hope for more mutual cooperation with Indonesia on all fields.

Lastly I hope to visit Indonesia soon as my father and grandfather did.

Greetings to brother @MuslimConscript . I hope that everything is well and good!

:wave:

Last edited:
Thank you for making this thread, however, I think we should not add more separated threads, we should add it up to existing thread such as economy thread. Tourismus is a part of economy.

Eastern Indonesia is untapped territory (mostly)... the potential of tourism there is HUGE.
Luckily there's been a massive development of infrastructure going on in there over the past years.

@al-Hasani, try :

Indonesia Economy | News & Updates

:wave::welcome::-)
That true @katarabhumi . It was our fault that our tourism development in the past focusing in bali island and jakarta thus neglecting the other places. Good thing that the current administration realised that other pars of Indonesia has untapped tourism potential.

@nufix it is true that tourism is part of economy (partially) but as I stated earlier it is also about culture and few other things. However if moderators think that it should merge with the existing thread, it is not a big deal.

That true @katarabhumi . It was our fault that our tourism development in the past focusing in bali island and jakarta thus neglecting the other places. Good thing that the current administration realised that other pars of Indonesia has untapped tourism potential.

Doubtful any of Indonesia administration really care about tourism. At best only certain province like Bali who really care to develop tourism with all the necessity infrastructure, environment and attitude. Several notable areas like Jogjakarta, Raja Ampat, Lombok etc show some effort but still far from enough.

Indonesia also has huge potential for cultural tourism, several Palace that i visit still have their 'Sultan' and their family still lives in that palace, but lack of local government support really show. It's amazing how living Sultanate with their palace still intact (but no support) can be less interesting than dead King with empty rebuild palace in China, Japan, or any other place (but with support).

Generally i think most of Indonesian still don't care about culture tourism, it's sad reading how for example Surabaya destroy its last synagogue (no one really used it anymore for a long time, but the building is rich in history with unique architecture) for parking area, old temple in East Java (Candi) destroyed when the nearby mosque want to expand, or how local tradition (Kejawen, Islam abangan, etc) is attacked because its not Islamic enough, even once in a life time Sultan Jogja daughter's wedding ceremony also got criticism while in Britain they managed to make the Prince wedding as a major tourist attraction.....

Indonesia has so many beautiful places, foreign visitors are mainly from Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia. Near my place in Jakarta, Anyer with so many beautiful beach and Puncak which is located in high land are the most favorite place for Jakarta people to visit, since the are connected with tool road and quite many hotels. If it is only about beautiful beach, it is better to visit Anyer than Bali in my opinion.

the potential of tourism there is HUGE there lets hope they can use it

one more thing.....nightlife:-)

Jakarta has largest nigh life in entire south east Asia......Bangkok is just peanuts in front of Jakarta night life......Stadium and golden crown open in Friday and get closed on Monday morning ,golden crown can accommodate around 3000 people in single dance floor............striptease, full nude show ,Alexis and malioboro is famous for striptease.....i just given 2 name .....here tons of nigh club ,and beauty is every night club is different and unique ,right from interior to music...world class DJ....good music.......for example golden dragon night club specially cater chines.....indo-china is for indian....X-2 SPECIALLY FOR WOMEN

also gay life is very happening....3 big gay sauna and night club is running in center of Jakarta.....

heaven for foreigner.....expat are very happy,ask any white ,black or brown . .............:-)

but beauty of Jakarta is zero harassment for foreigner or visitor.......even place like stadium and golden crown ..were drugs and sex is easily available and full on.........you will feel comfortable .....no harassment

clubbing is very popular among youth in Jakarta .......... and sex is quite open compare to Indian sub continent........

Jakarta has largest nigh life in entire south east Asia......Bangkok is just peanuts in front of Jakarta night life......Stadium and golden crown open in Friday and get closed on Monday morning ,golden crown can accommodate around 3000 people in single dance floor............striptease, full nude show ,Alexis and malioboro is famous for striptease.....i just given 2 name .....here tons of nigh club ,and beauty is every night club is different and unique ,right from interior to music...world class DJ....good music.......for example golden dragon night club specially cater chines.....indo-china is for indian....X-2 SPECIALLY FOR WOMEN

also gay life is very happening....3 big gay sauna and night club is running in center of Jakarta.....

heaven for foreigner.....expat are very happy,ask any white ,black or brown . .............:-)

but beauty of Jakarta is zero harassment for foreigner or visitor.......even place like stadium and golden crown ..were drugs and sex is easily available and full on.........you will feel comfortable .....no harassment

clubbing is very popular among youth in Jakarta .......... and sex is quite open compare to Indian sub continent........

maybe we learned it from Dutch, maybe, and i am not quite proud about such gilded life style in Jakarta. But as long as they pay their taxes and follow the rules, it's not problem for majority of people

This is the pride of Lomboknese and I am a big fun of this sport (as spectator) though I do not have enough balls to play it myself.
Presean, a rattan stick fighting in Lombok
I have some personal video on this stick fighting that I want to display here but I do not know how to post it. Anyone can enlighten me? Bro @Armstrong may be?

maybe we learned it from Dutch, maybe, and i am not quite proud about such gilded life style in Jakarta. But as long as they pay their taxes and follow the rules, it's not problem for majority of people
trust me ,it is good........nothing to feel shame about it .........sex had to liberate and sex industries has to manage in professional way,you can just compare with Indian sub continent....rape and crime against women ...........sex is need of human ......every buddy required it ...........but because of taboo and Hippocratic approach of society ,making women life miserable in India

sexual liberation is just one part ,there are ton of good thing ,because Matriarchy society in Indonesian...women is being treated with high regards........have you ever seen case of female faticide ........girl child is aborted because every buddy wants boy..........Indian society is not perfect ,

so expat doesn't like Indonesia because of sex only ,they like you because of society,tradition ,culture,and value ....which make you really different from rest of the world .............and on the top religious tolerance

I will ban it if I have power in this republic....along with all massage places. I dont care with the people who get there...they seem cannot attract a respected women in a respected manner....sex is nothing compare to be loved fully by a respected women, because of our character and intelligent not just because of money ...I have to make this Republic respected...not a follower of western culture.

trust me ,it is good........nothing to feel shame about it .........sex had to liberate and sex industries has to manage in professional way,you can just compare with Indian sub continent....rape and crime against women ...........sex is need of human ......every buddy required it ...........but because of taboo and Hippocratic approach of society ,making women life miserable in India

sexual liberation is just one part ,there are ton of good thing ,because Matriarchy society in Indonesian...women is being treated with high regards........have you ever seen case of female faticide ........girl child is aborted because every buddy wants boy..........Indian society is not perfect ,

so expat doesn't like Indonesia because of sex only ,they like you because of society,tradition ,culture,and value ....which make you really different from rest of the world .............and on the top religious tolerance

I am myself doesn't bother about such living style in Indonesia, as long as everybody can keep it for themselves it is an okay for majority in Indonesia. And i must admit it, Indonesian people is quite tolerant even the pious one let their daughter going to work or attend public school without wearing hijab. Not all of Indonesian people follow matriarchy society, but they still held a high value of view for their woman

125524501-web.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom