What's new

Indonesian President watches failed firings of Chinese made C705 missiles

This is a case of faulty integration with Indonesia made boat. You can't blame the missile. It is the control system in the boat. More likely a software glitch.

no problems with C-802 though they are firing from our locally made Missile boats

no problems with C-802 though they are firing from our locally made Missile boats

I think it has some relation with the missile software. Look at the problem. The first missile didn't respond to the "fire" command from the mother ship, then it suddenly fired 5 minutes after by itself. It should has some problem with the sequence. Maybe there is a delay that interpreted by the missile so it wait for 5 minutes before it launched.

And the second is failed during mid course, then failed to hit the target.

I assume that the missile fire control use the original C705 package, am I right? I means the missile fire control in the CIC is the original C705 fire control that use was built by the C705 factory. So the program should compatible to each other. Otherwise there will bugs while operating the missile. Then TNI should consult with the missile maker and complain.

Last edited:
The full article below.

-----------
Naval Weapons
Indonesian president watches failed firings of Chinese-made C-705 missiles at naval exercise
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International
16 September 2016

View attachment 334853
The Indonesian Navy's KCR-40 missile attack craft, KRI Clurit, which failed to successfully fire a C-705 missile at the 'Armada Jaya' 2016 exercise on 14 September. Source: TNI-AL

Key Points
  • Attempts to launch C-705 missiles from two Indonesian warships during an exercise has failed
  • Failures come against the backdrop of increased spending on Chinese-made weapon systems by Jakarta
The Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Laut, or TNI-AL's) attempt to successfully launch Chinese-made C-705 anti-ship missiles from two indigenously built attack craft during a major naval exercise has failed, sources from within the service informed IHS Jane's on 15 September.

The missiles, which were deployed onboard the KCR-40-class missile attack craft KRIClurit (641) and KRI Kujang (642), each failed at different stages of their launches on 14 September.

Clurit and Kujang each fired a single C-705 missile during Exercise 'Armada Jaya' 2016 which was conducted in the Java Sea.

Both attempts were made in full view of Indonesian President Joko Widodo who was there to witness the exercise from onboard the landing platform dock ship KRIBanjarmasin (592). Accompanying him was TNI-AL chief Admiral Ade Supandi, and Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI) chief General Gatot Nurmantyo.

According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

The missile failed to hit its designated target for the exercise, the recently decommissioned Tisza-class auxiliary support ship, Karimata (960). The second C-705 missile, which was fired from Kujang , failed during mid-flight, and subsequently also failed to hit the same target.

Besides Clurit and Kujang , 'Armada Jaya' also involves the participation of about 7,000 TNI personnel and 39 naval vessels including a Cakra Type 209/1300-class diesel-electric submarine (SSK).

Other TNI-AL weapons that will be tested during the exercise, that runs until the end of September 2016, include the C-802 anti-ship missile that has also been acquired from China.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

So it's just a Western rumour made by a Western propaganda mouthpiece without any official confirmation from the Indonesian defence ministry.

I would take ANY report from Western propaganda mouthpieces with a truck load of salt considering the anti-China agenda recently.

Especially when they say 'inside sources' or 'anonymous sources'.

Only a fool will believe this news until we get official confirmation.

this is real, and happened twice in row

Can you show me official confirmation by Indonesian defence ministry?

Anyone can make up rumours.

I will believe it when I get official confirmation.

I have no problem accepting such a failure if it was officially confirmed by the Indonesian defence ministry.

But I will NEVER believe anything coming out of Western propaganda. I've lost all trust in them after 24/7 propaganda against Russia, China and Iran. You can't believe anything they say. Even if it's the truth, you can't trust them because they exaggerate any news that involves Russia, China and Iran.

Last edited:
So it's just a Western rumour made by a Western propaganda mouthpiece without any official confirmation from the Indonesian defence ministry.

I would take ANY report from Western propaganda mouthpieces with a truck load of salt considering the anti-China agenda recently.

Especially when they say 'inside sources' or 'anonymous sources'.

Only a fool will believe this news until we get official confirmation.

Can you show me official confirmation by Indonesian defence ministry?

Anyone can make up rumours.

I will believe it when I get official confirmation.

I have no problem accepting such a failure if it was officially confirmed by the Indonesian defence ministry.

But I will NEVER believe anything coming out of Western propaganda. I've lost all trust in them after 24/7 propaganda against Russia, China and Iran. You can't believe anything they say. Even if it's the truth, you can't trust them because they exaggerate any news that involves Russia, China and Iran.

this is comes from local souced news

http://surabaya.tribunnews.com/2016/09/14/rudal-telat-meledak-jokowi-kecewa

http://surabaya.tribunnews.com/2016...iliar-buatan-china-ini-reaksi-petinggi-tni-al

Sorry guys for killing the party :-)

The news is Wrong, just One Indonesian Navy ship that shot C-705 Missile "KRI Clurit"

Why there is delay, when C-705 launching?
Because there is Communication problem between KRI Banjarmasin that President Joko Widodo boarded and KRI Clurit that shot C-705 Missile.
The crew in "KRI Clurit" doesn't know, when our President Mr.Joko Widodo starting count down.

Why C-705 Missile miss the target?
Just answer it by yourself.
The Target ship is 50 Kilometers (30 nm) away from "KRI Clurit"
but Radar sensor in "KRI Clurit" is SR-47A with Max range 40 Kilometers.
So ........ We can get the answer :-)
That's why Datalink is so Important in Modern naval warfare

Confirmed by KRI Clurit crew itself.

@ahojunk @grey boy 2 @jkroo @cnleio @Deino @Shotgunner51 @cirr @Beast @Economic superpower @xunzi @jerry_tan

Last edited:
Kujang is too firing the missile

NO
Just one, from KRI Clurit.

Confrimed by KRI Clurit crew itself Mr.Bronco
Credit to Mr.Bronco
KRI Clurit Crew.jpg

bronco bukan awak kapal KRI, i know him

the thing about only Clurit which fire the missiles i will take it as nice info

buat apa dia bohong. Sorry, I am little disagree with you in that matter.

Yes, just one our navy ship that shot C-705 Missile. "KRI Clurit"

Sorry guys for killing the party :-)

The news is Wrong, just One Indonesian Navy ship that shot C-705 Missile "KRI Clurit"

Why there is delay, when C-705 launching?
Because there is Communication problem between KRI Banjarmasin that President Joko Widodo boarded and KRI Clurit that shot C-705 Missile.
The crew in "KRI Clurit" doesn't know, when our President Mr.Joko Widodo starting count down.

Why C-705 Missile miss the target?
Just answer it by yourself.
The Target ship is 50 Kilometers (30 nm) away from "KRI Clurit"
but Radar sensor in "KRI Clurit" is SR-47A with Max range 40 Kilometers.
So ........ We can get the answer :-)
That's why Datalink is so Important in Modern naval warfare

Confirmed by KRI Clurit crew itself.

@ahojunk @grey boy 2 @jkroo @cnleio @Deino @Beast @Economic superpower @xunzi @jerry_tan

So, it's another fabricated story from Janes. :D

It seems that many Indonisian members here bought the story which Janes told them and have some willingness to admit that there do exist some problems.

It's weird.

buat apa dia bohong. Sorry, I am little disagree with you in that matter.

Yes, just one our navy ship that shot C-705 Missile. "KRI Clurit"

Dia bukan awak kapal KRI, itu salah satu id yang ngelola website arc.web.id dan dia sipil, lagian orang bisa diatas kapal perang kan gak melulu harus awak kapal. LoL

So, it's another fabricated story from Janes. :D

It seems that many Indonisian members here bought the story which Janes told them and have some willingness to admit that there do exist some problems.

It's weird.

Yes,Janes quote wrong news. Lol :D

The main problem is our Indonesian Navy trying to shot C-705 Missile for target ship that 50 kilometers (30 nm) away, but Radar Sensor SR-47A in "KRI Clurit" just have Max range 40 kilometers.

Dia bukan awak kapal KRI, itu salah satu id yang ngelola website arc.web.id dan dia sipil, lagian orang bisa diatas kapal perang kan gak melulu harus awak kapal. LoL

Okay.
doesn't matter he is the crew or not.
But, for sure he is Onboard KRI Clurit when that "Incident" happen. :-)

Last edited:
C-704

@jerry_tan
Afghanistan is land lock country hence have no Navy and neither will be so why you are interested even laughing at failure as i observe from other forums many Indians show themselves as Afghans or Iranian just to troll Pakistani and Chinese. In case of yours go KID get a life man.
He is Pinoy, not Afghan. Just false flag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom