What's new

Indonesian Islamist leader says ethnic Chinese wealth is next target

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Malaysia, fight between school may happen, but never with machete. This is next level.

The kids looks like watching too much of naruto anime, some of the weapon looks alike from the anime..
Lol

And the Indonesian now trying to potray Indonesian Chinese have that kind of behavior while as all I see is Indonesian face there..
it's hard to argue with these people
:laugh:

You already did. You are trying to expel/exterminate Rohingas from Burma. You did the same shit Bosnians. And Filipnio Muslims. And occupation followed by genocide against Cham Muslims of Vietnam. I can list more if you want. The 'game rule' is largely in your favor. ; )
Cham Muslims of Vietnam? It must be centuries years ago history. Not necessary to bring it in. As for Bosnian or Rohingas, they are the result of religion wars. Muslims or non-Muslims, neither side is innocent. On these cases, Muslims were not powerful enough and got beaten. It is very inappropriate to compare them with Indonesia Chinese. The Chinese did not do any bad things to local Muslims.

Last edited:
Cham Muslims of Vietnam? It's must be centuries years ago history. Not necessary to bring it in. As for Bosnian or Rohingas, they are the result of religion wars. Muslims or non-Muslims, neither side is innocent. On these cases, Muslims were not powerful enough and got beaten. It is very inappropriate to compare them with Indonesia Chinese. The Chinese did not do any bad things to local Muslims.

Thy only Indonesian Chinese do bad things to local Muslim is became rich. That's it..
This is Muslim mentality, when they saw people outside Muslim rich or better than them, they going to hated you, especially since they saw us as kafir :fie:

Cham Muslims of Vietnam? It's must be centuries years ago history. Not necessary to bring it in. As for Bosnian or Rohingas, they are the result of religion wars. Muslims or non-Muslims, neither side is innocent. On these cases, Muslims were not powerful enough and got beaten. It is very inappropriate to compare them with Indonesia Chinese. The Chinese did not do any bad things to local Muslims.

You mean Bosnians or Rohingas or victims of Mongol massacres did bad things?

You were batting for all non-Muslims and suggested "changing game rule for once", but now that I'm bringing up historical atrocities committed by non-Muslims, you have promptly switched to defending Chinese only.

Well if you're going to speak to me as a Chinese, then I prefer speaking to you as a Pakistani. I have nothing to do with crimes committed by non-Pakistani Muslims.

Invite all the rich ethnic Chinese Indonesians to apply for Chinese citizenship, then there won't be a problem anymore, since they'll be gone from Indonesia and their wealth will be gone too.

I think the Chinese diaspora has a complicated relationship with the Mainland. I am sure you are aware of that.

Thy only Indonesian Chinese do bad things to local Muslim is became rich. That's it..
This is Muslim mentality, when they saw people outside Muslim rich or better than them, they going to hated you, especially since they saw us as kafir :fie:

The Europeans did the same with Jews. It's not Muslim mentality - it happens when there's racial + cultural/religious/linguistic differences between a poor majority and a rich minority.

Do our Indonesian friends have similar sentiments towards Indonesians of Arab ancestry (5 million people or so) or is it mostly limited to Indonesians of Chinese origin due to religious and economic reasons?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Indonesians

https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab-Indonesia

Suku Arab-Indonesia

Tuanku Imam Bonjol
Habib Ali Kwitang
Raden Saleh Bustaman
Habib Abubakar Syahab

Hasan Gipo
Sultan Hamid II
Abdurrahman Baswedan
Ali Alatas

H. Mutahar
Habib Luthfi bin Yahya
Quraish Shihab
Marie Muhammad

Fadel Muhammad al-Haddar
Salim Segaf Al-Jufri
Ahmad Albar
Nabila Syakieb

Or do Chinese and Indonesians (who also have many distinct ethnic groups) have a historical animosity that I am not aware of?

Thanks.

You mean Bosnians or Rohingas or victims of Mongol massacres did bad things?

You were batting for all non-Muslims and suggested "changing game rule for once", but now that I'm bringing up historical atrocities committed by non-Muslims, you have promptly switched to defending Chinese only.

Well if you're going to speak to me as a Chinese, then I prefer speaking to you as a Pakistani. I have nothing to do with crimes committed by non-Pakistani Muslims.
Again, Bosnian Muslims and Rohingas are not victims. You lost the war, you won't automatically turn into "victim".
I don't want to bring history to this argument because we shouldn't judge ancient people by today's moral standards. If the jungle rule still works, I don't even want the trade.

Do our Indonesian friends have similar sentiments towards Indonesians of Arab ancestry (5 million people or so) or is it mostly limited to Indonesians of Chinese origin due to religious and economic reasons?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Indonesians

https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab-Indonesia

Suku Arab-Indonesia

Tuanku Imam Bonjol
Habib Ali Kwitang
Raden Saleh Bustaman
Habib Abubakar Syahab

Hasan Gipo
Sultan Hamid II
Abdurrahman Baswedan
Ali Alatas

H. Mutahar
Habib Luthfi bin Yahya
Quraish Shihab
Marie Muhammad

Fadel Muhammad al-Haddar
Salim Segaf Al-Jufri
Ahmad Albar
Nabila Syakieb

Or do Chinese and Indonesians (who also have many distinct ethnic groups) have a historical animosity that I am not aware of?

Thanks.

Based on my observations while in Indonesia , they worshiped Arab people and their ancestry.
If you have Arab blood, you can easily make money and became millionaires by just selling religion.

Again, Bosnian Muslims and Rohingas are not victims. You lost the war, you won't automatically turn into "victim".
I don't want to bring history to this argument because we shouldn't judge ancient people by today's moral standards. If the jungle rule still works, I don't even want the trade.

Majority always oppress minority more or less - in developing countries. Regardless of religion. (Some of the craziest genocidal dictators last century were non-Muslims).

Muslims are highlighted more by the media because of ME geopolitics. That builds the narrative that Muslims are somehow more evil than others. The same media tricks are used against China.

Based on my observations while in Indonesia , they worshiped Arab people and their ancestry.
If you have Arab blood, you can easily make money and became millionaires by just selling religion.

I believe that you are trolling. Also you are confusing Christian evangelists (frauds) with Muslim clerics.

Anyway my father used to live in Indonesia as a child for 2 years in the 1960's due to the work of my grandfather back then and he and his siblings faced no problems with locals nor did children of other Arab diplomats/businessmen. My father still has quite a lot of memorabilia from Indonesia (old swords, books, paintings, a lamp made out of a blowfish that I have cut myself on a few times as a small child and traditional furniture - some of which I was lucky to inherit) and due to this family relation I have always had a weak spot for Indonesia despite never being able (unfortunately) to visit so far.

Where is @Indos ? We used to have a lot of very interesting and cordial discussions about Indonesia and Arab world-Indonesia relations. He seems to have vanished completely. Hopefully everything is alright.

Anyway Jakarta was a very different world back then (1960's), surprise, surprise:

Also quite a lot of Saudi Arabians (believe it or not) in particular in Hijaz are of South East Asian (Indonesian - mostly Sumatra and Java) and Malay ancestry. A very old diaspora just like the Arab one in Indonesia. Many Indonesians workers (non-nations) in KSA/GCC to this very day and Indonesian restaurants.

Hopefully after King Salman's historic visit earlier this year the historic and friendly ties will increase further on all fronts.

Anyway I am quite surprised at the hostility that some of our Chinese friends display towards Indonesia and Indonesians. I was not aware of such a conflict/animosity/rivalry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that you are trolling. Also you are confusing Christian evangelists (frauds) with Muslim clerics.

Anyway my father used to live in Indonesia as a child for 2 years in the 1960's due to the work of my grandfather back then and he and his siblings faced no problems with locals nor did children of other Arab diplomats/businessmen. My father still has quite a lot of memorabilia from Indonesia (old swords, books, paintings, a lamp made out of a blowfish that I have cut myself on a few times as a small child and traditional furniture - some of which I was lucky to inherit) and due to this family relation I have always had a weak spot for Indonesia despite never being able (unfortunately) to visit so far.

Where is @Indos ? We used to have a lot of very interesting and cordial discussions about Indonesia and Arab world-Indonesia relations. He seems to have vanished completely. Hopefully everything is alright.

Anyway Jakarta was a very different world back then (1960's), surprise, surprise:

Also quite a lot of Saudi Arabians (believe it or not) in particular in Hijaz are of South East Asian (Indonesian - mostly Sumatra and Java) and Malay ancestry. A very old diaspora just like the Arab one in Indonesia. Many Indonesians workers (non-nations) in KSA/GCC to this very day and Indonesian restaurants.

Hopefully after King Salman's historic visit earlier this year ties will increase further on all fronts.

Why I heard the same stroy one year ago in this forum. Can you guys fabricate some new version?

Why I heard the same stroy one year ago in this forum. Can you guys fabricate some new version?

Because the "other" user you heard this from was me. Let @Indos confirm this. Unless another individual has copied this story which I highly doubt to put it mildly.:lol:

Hopefully after King Salman's historic visit earlier this year the historic and friendly ties will increase further on all fronts.

Anyway I am quite surprised at the hostility that some of our Chinese friends display towards Indonesia and Indonesians. I was not aware of such a conflict/animosity/rivalry.

No, I'm not..
Your father era is long gone.

@Daniel808 can you confirm this?
Since I see a lot of Indonesian people dressing like arab in the street doing anarchy "sport"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom