What's new

Indonesian Aerospace set for major contract with Bangladesh

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Indonesian Aerospace (PT. Dirgantara Indonesia, formerly IPTN) could make a thrilling windfall on possible order of NAS 332 Super Puma (license built Eurocopter AS 332) Search and Rescue helicopters by the Bangladesh government.

W2ELXye.jpg

The Bangladesh government’s disaster management and relief ministry with the help of the Bangladesh Air Force is seeking to procure and operate up to seventeen NAS 332 Super Puma helicopters in the long term with immediate goal of acquiring four.

Each Eurocopter AS 332/NAS 332 cost $15 million on the international market and the Bangladesh government hopes to secure a low interest loan from the Islamic Development Bank for this purpose.

Representatives of the PT Dirgantara Indonesia Aerospace made a presentation on Super Puma at a BAF meeting on 9 October, 2012.

The highly versatile and reliable Super Puma is available in fifteen variants including military and civilian versions. The SAR variant is in service with Japan Coast Guard and Saudi Navy amongst other major Asian nations.

During an internal meeting held on 8 January, 2013 the Bangladesh Air Force recommended the purchase of Mi-17 helicopters, which they have experience operating for the past 20 years instead of the NAS 332. BAF sources said they not only have the experience but also necessary infrastructure to support additional Mi-17′s regardless of variants as they operate Mi-17, Mi-171Sh, Mi-17V3 and Mi-17V5 helicopters.

Civil servants however favour the NAS 332 as they can receive the soft loan from the IDB, whilst the Russian purchase would require Bangladesh government to spend large sums of money from its own coffers.

Recently the Bangladesh armed forces improved its Search and Rescue capabilities with the acquisition of two RUAG Do-228NG state of the art maritime patrol aircraft.

source: Indonesian Aerospace set for major contract with Bangladesh - Military Forces of Asia

Why not just use the loan agreement we have with Russia to procure additional Mi-17's? Operating a completely new platform would require additional investment in training and infrastructure and such.

I wonder as to under what parameters they are justifying the NAS 332. Something doesn't add up here.

I do not recommend operating too many different platforms.

Why not just use the loan agreement we have with Russia to procure additional Mi-17's? Operating a completely new platform would require additional investment in training and infrastructure and such.

I wonder as to under what parameters they are justifying the NAS 332. Something doesn't add up here.

I think they will distribute the helicopters between Airforce and Army.

Air force also has plan to procure additional 3 Mi171sh (excluding newly inducted 3 Mi171sh)and 8 Mi17.

show-off :P

I think they will distribute the helicopters between Airforce and Army.

Air force also has plan to procure additional 3 Mi171sh (excluding newly inducted 3 Mi171sh)and 8 Mi17.

That doesn't answer the question does it?

Sure the Mi-17 may not look very appealing, but it is a reliable machine.

Pfftt...

If they want to show-off, then go for Blackhawks. Or even Ospreys :omghaha:

It may be due to the fact that BD would not want to put reliance on just one platform.

If 17 are procured then that is a sufficient number that could justify all the additional expense of separate maintenance and training facilities.

It may be due to the fact that BD would not want to put reliance on just one platform.

What's wrong with relying on one platform of a medium transport helicopter? Pakistan operate many Mi-17's without any problem. Who are these civil servants to make such absurd statements?

If 17 are procured then that is a sufficient number that could justify all the additional expense of separate maintenance and training facilities.

Seventeen units isn't significant. It'll inevitably lead to higher costs at first.

We already have a loan from Russia, and we are adding another loan? Those civil servants should at least state reasons for doing so. Saying the government is to spend large sums of money from its own coffers isn't a reason.

i am ok with the NAS 332 as it will be used for SAR which is very important as we dont have a fleet now for SAR
it will be good to see 17 of them
it is a completely new platform but i would have been more happy to see mi17 as it is super reliable and also we know a to z of it

but they were talking about the loan money or something like the interest rate
i think mi17 is cheaper and can carry more and for us it would have been better to use the mi17

anyway this might make our relation with the Indonesian better in the field of military and civil aviation industry

It was just a presentation. Reality is far away......

Possible TOT..maybe.........to kick start aerospace industry!

not an impresiive chopper! low space,less loading capabiliies,higher price ,new platform,made in indonesia too many negetive points compare with mil choppers. i agree with loki . we better buy mi171 v series. bd purchase is always random and planless. if you allow a loan you can sell anything to bangladesh. it become a trend now. even the purchased item doesn't even mached with the need but no matter we shop.i think this types of purchase plan comes only for corruptions. like maring cutting and income two pice, disgusting,.

i like indian 171 v5 . great heli and india shop after a heavy trial . i want those

not an impresiive chopper! low space,less loading capabiliies,higher price ,new platform,made in indonesia too many negetive points compare with mil choppers. i agree with loki . we better buy mi171 v series. bd purchase is always random and planless. if you allow a loan you can sell anything to bangladesh. it become a trend now. even the purchased item doesn't even mached with the need but no matter we shop.i think this types of purchase plan comes only for corruptions. like maring cutting and income two pice, disgusting,.

i like indian 171 v5 . great heli and india shop after a heavy trial . i want those

probably BD is looking for technology transfer not just helicopter, perhaps which can be possible with this heli.
BD has Mi171v3 btw, also has 2 Mi171v5 for VIP

Back
Top Bottom