What's new

Indonesia proposes broader use of renminbi in ASEAN

That's just your wishful thinking. Indonesia economy is slowing down today, so what? so does 90% of world economy. In fact we are in much better shape than most of the countries currently facing global economic downturn. That's the fact. High inflation, yes. But we still can manage and keep it under control. What is 7%, we already face double digit infation before and survive. Not just survive, but keep geting bigger and stronger.
True, 90% of world economy including ID-CN is slowing down, but VN economy is rising due to big benefit from TPP deal , thats why investors chose VN as a new safe destination instead of CN.

Infact, VND even have a better value and safer use than CNY that you 'propose' for broader use. Do you know that CNY was destroyed by hyper inflation in history and made CNY as worthless as Zimbabwe note ??

Oh my, comparing the Yuan to the Zimbabwean dollar, REAL mature!
Thats correct, do you know anything about CN hyper inflation in history ??

True, 90% of world economy including ID-CN is slowing down, but VN economy is rising due to big benefit from TPP deal , thats why investors chose VN as a new safe destination instead of CN.

Dude, with the current VN tiny economic size, rising is not enough to catch up with other richer ASEAN neighbors. VN need economic revolution plus regime changes, maybe...

Infact, VND even have a better value and safer use than CNY that you 'propose' for broader use. Do you know that CNY was destroyed by hyper inflation in history and made CNY as worthless as Zimbabwe note ??

Thats correct, do you know anything about CN hyper inflation in history ??

Too much trust on tpp and others for Vietnam economic development reflects a lack of trust on yourself.

Dude, with the current VN tiny economic size, rising is not enough to catch up with other richer ASEAN neighbors. VN need economic revolution plus regime changes, maybe...
Its not a catching up game, Vn never can catch up other ASEAN nations due to our poor labor productivity. So, USA create TPP to raise VN up while putting others ASEAN nations down by forcing Japan-US-Sing-Taiwan investors to leave ID-Thailand-MY and pour money to VN. (US 'help' VN Because only VN can contain CN in the region )

You guys are going down with inflation rate keep climbing while Vn is going up, so, its much easier for Vn to overcome other ASEAN nations :)

Too much trust on tpp and others for Vietnam economic development reflects a lack of trust on yourself.
Every body can see the positive effect from TPP to Vn when keeping VN economy in safe with stable export and low inflation rate thanks to US-JP-Taiwan investors withdraw money from none TPP nations like ID-Thai and pour money into VN :)

Its not a catching up game, Vn never can catch up other ASEAN nations due to our poor labor productivity. So, USA create TPP to raise VN up while putting others ASEAN nations down by forcing Japan-US-Sing-Taiwan investors to leave ID-Thailand-MY and pour money to VN. (US 'help' VN Because only VN can contain CN in the region). You guys are going down with inflation rate keep climbing while Vn is going up, so, its much easier for Vn to overcome other ASEAN nations

What are u actually dreaming about dude? just wake up already! And don't forget to dry up your wet sheets. Silly... :D

Wow, I love the name 'The gang of five' :D
AFP-Dien-dan-thuc-day-hop-tac-cong-tu-khu-vuc-song-Mekong.jpg

In 'The gang of five', only VN is TPP member and soon will get full investments from USA-Japan, wow, I think we will have a chance to become big bro of 'The gang of five' :partay:
ha ha ha ... the gang of 5 sounds better than mekong grouping, isn´t it? the slang just comes to my mind :-)
asean is too much politized by other great powers, from america to china to japan to russia. everybody wants to have a say. it is better to have a smaller group within asean to move things better forward. and the wannabe leader indonesia is not seen.

What are u actually dreaming about dude? just wake up already! And don't forget to dry up your wet sheets. Silly... :D
Okay, then just sit and watch VN economy raising while other ASEAN nations continue to go down . I see No chance for ID to get out of this economic problem

The investors 'voting ID with their feet ' coz ID is not TPP nation :laugh:

Okay, then just sit and watch VN economy raising while other ASEAN nations continue to go down . I see No chance for ID to get out of this economic problem. The investors 'voting ID with their feet ' coz ID is not TPP nation :laugh:

Oh... i will... i do hope VN can get richer and grow more prosper in the future. But Indonesia will surely rise once again... Getting bigger and stronger than ever... :-) Indonesia is afterall the lighthouse of ASEAN nations. We bring light, we show direction, and lead the way, the ASEAN way :azn:

Last edited:
Oh... i will... i do hope VN can get richer and grow more prosper in the future. But Indonesia will surely rise once again... Getting bigger and stronger than ever... :-) Indonesia is afterall the lighthouse of ASEAN nations. We bring light, we show direction, and lead the way, the ASEAN way :azn:

I check on Google :

Top 5 Products exported byIndonesia Coal Briquettes(12%),Petroleum Gas(9.3%),Palm Oil(8.3%),Crude Petroleum(5.9%), andRubber(4.1%)
OEC: Indonesia (IDN) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

ID export mostly oil and coal which the prices are dropping sharply and make ID economy going down, too. We also dont see ID have any chance to produce some good high tech products that can compete with CN-Korea-Japan's ones

You guys really need a miracle to get out of your high inflation rate now , oil price surely wont go back to 100 USD as it was :)

I check on Google :
ID export mostly oil and coal which the prices are dropping sharply and make ID economy going down, too. We also dont see ID have any chance to produce some good high tech products that can compete with CN-Korea-Japan's ones. You guys really need a miracle to get out of your high inflation rate now , oil price surely wont go back to 100 USD as it was

Man, if i wanna dig up news and reports about how bad Vietnam fundamental economy, politic and security is.... i can. If i wanna brought up analysis about how weak and poor Vietnam is, and looking up evidence about everything that's wrong about Vietnam, i can.... But that's not my concern...

As poor as VN today is, it is still Indonesia's neighbor. And i don't wish a bad thing happen to our neighbors. You can continue chanting your TPP mantra whenever you want, but Indonesia will take her own way to take care of our own problems.

Miracles is always on our side... how do you think Indonesia survived 1998 Asian financial crisis? It was a miracle dude...

Last edited:
Man, if i wanna dig up news and reports about how shit Vietnam fundamental economy, politic and security is.... i can. If i wanna brought up analysis about how weak and poor Vietnam is, and looking up evidence about everything that's wrong about Vietnam, i can.... But that's not my concern...

As poor as VN today is, it is still Indonesia's neighbor. And i don't wish a bad thing happen to our neighbors. You can continue chanting your TPP mantra whenever you want, but Indonesia will take her own way to take care of our own problems.

Miracles is always on our side... how do you think Indonesia survived 1998 Asian financial crisis? It was a miracle dude...
Wow, seem like you love adding shjt in talking,right ?? . How did ID survived 1998 Asian financial crisis? every one know it thanked to high oil price.... but that 'miracle' is gone this time due to US-Russia oil war.

We dont wish our neighbours like ID down, we dont even have a real trade with you. We just reply to your 'proposal' in using CNY. Thats all .

Wow, seem like you love adding shjt in talking,right ?? . How did ID survived 1998 Asian financial crisis? every one know it thanked to high oil price.... but that 'miracle' is gone this time due to US-Russia oil war. We dont wish our neighbours like ID down, we dont even have a real trade with you. We just reply to your 'proposal' in using CNY. Thats all .

If it was predictable and easy for Indonesia to escape from the brink of collapse that time, it won't be called a miracle. Indonesia had worked hard to get out of crisis and came out as a winner. Bigger, stronger and richer than we ever had before. Today, we just have to prove that again. That miracles is always on our side. :-)

Last edited:
Wow, seem like you love adding shjt in talking,right ?? . How did ID survived 1998 Asian financial crisis? every one know it thanked to high oil price.... but that 'miracle' is gone this time due to US-Russia oil war.

We dont wish our neighbours like ID down, we dont even have a real trade with you. We just reply to your 'proposal' in using CNY. Thats all .

Apparently not....... Indonesia become a net oil importer since 2003. At the time of the 98 Asian crisis, oil price was around $20-$30. So, by the time of oil price start increasing (2004-2005), Indonesia has already become a net oil importer and survive the financial crisis aftermath.

that tells the whole story: singapore is economically more important than you.
Funny you say, so what happen if China suddenly refused to sell you anything?

Vietnam main import partners
China 25.8%
South Korea 13.9%
Japan 10.4%
Singapore 6%
Thailand 5.2%
United States 4.3% (2012 est.)[4]

You want to sell coconuts, footwears and cashews to save your economy?

Vietnam is the top exporter of Coconuts, Brazil Nuts, and Cashews, and Pepper.
OEC: Vietnam (VNM) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

You guys really need a miracle to get out of your high inflation rate now , oil price surely wont go back to 100 USD as it was :)
A high inflation rate could mean too fast economic growth, which is Indonesia economy is twice as in 2004

ID's GDP in 2004 USD256.8 Billion
2004's GDP percapita : USD1.161

List of Indonesia's GDP by year

2005 285.9 B
2006 364.6 B
2007 432.2 B
2008 510.2 B
2009 539.6 B
2010 709.2 B
2011 845.9 B
2012 876.7 B
2013 868.3 B
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Indonesia, 1970-2013

quite a fast growth for a country which is nearly collapsed and break into smaller states in 1998 isnt it?

I check on Google :

Top 5 Products exported byIndonesia Coal Briquettes(12%),Petroleum Gas(9.3%),Palm Oil(8.3%),Crude Petroleum(5.9%), andRubber(4.1%)
OEC: Indonesia (IDN) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

ID export mostly oil and coal which the prices are dropping sharply and make ID economy going down, too. We also dont see ID have any chance to produce some good high tech products that can compete with CN-Korea-Japan's ones

I'll copy @Maxtini post about our economy, i'm not gonna waste my brain cells to explain to someone like you,

I think you misunderstood the term "Domestic Consumption" driven economy. It doesn't mean the whole nation just consume without producing anything, it means that the nation consume mostly what it produced. That is, their economic growth depends mostly on the demand from domestic side. As long as domestic demands keep growing, industrial production will keep growing as well, and that translates into economic growth that shield itself from outside shock. That is good for everyone.

In fact, 47% of Indonesia GDP comes from manufacturing sector. That is comparable to China's 43% of GDP. The difference is that, most of Indonesia manufacturing output end up in domestic market. Indonesia only export what is left from that, mostly natural comodities that cannot be processed due to limited capacity at home. That's why in recent years, the government had tried to force mining companies to build more smelters in Indonesia by banning raw mineral export.

It was contrasted with "export" driven economy, where the nation produce more than what it can consume itself. It works well with countries that specializes in certain products such as Taiwan and Korea (electronics and semiconductors), Middle East (oil). But it will be a disaster if every big countries try to produce everything more than necessary. You cannot expect everyone to sell more and buy less, who will be the buyer? In the end, someone will lose more money. And in the case of China, it is USA and Europe who absorb most of excess products. That is why USA and most Europes has overall trade deficit. The USA and Europe could withstand such loses because their currencies are used as reserve in other countries. But what about other developing countries? That will create predatory economic trade relation where the stronger economy stalls and kills the industrial and economic growth of weaker/smaller countries. That is not good for everyone.

That is what happen to African countries. Despite their economy is domestic consumption driven, they don't have enough manufacturing sector to support it. Why? There are many factors, but one of them is exactly because their market was flooded with Chinese cheap export driven goods that there are no chance for them to develop their own manufacuring sectors.

The case with China where it produced everything from textiles, electronics, toys, machinery with export oriented goals is unsustainable. That is why Chinese government has tried to shift their economic policy to be more domestic oriented so that Chinese economy could continue growing.

Get it now?

Last edited:
I'll copy @Maxtini post about our economy, i'm not gonna waste my brain cells to explain to someone like you,

I think you misunderstood the term "Domestic Consumption" driven economy. It doesn't mean the whole nation just consume without producing anything, it means that the nation consume mostly what it produced. That is, their economic growth depends mostly on the demand from domestic side. As long as domestic demands keep growing, industrial production will keep growing as well, and that translates into economic growth that shield itself from outside shock. That is good for everyone.

In fact, 47% of Indonesia GDP comes from manufacturing sector. That is comparable to China's 43% of GDP. The difference is that, most of Indonesia manufacturing output end up in domestic market. Indonesia only export what is left from that, mostly natural comodities that cannot be processed due to limited capacity at home. That's why in recent years, the government had tried to force mining companies to build more smelters in Indonesia by banning raw mineral export.

Get it now?
I dont need to 'get' anything from your post coz VN-ID dont have any real trade, but what you say is just truly not convincing enough to keep the investors to stay in ID.

In real life, \they (the investors) are voting ID with their feet and let your economy get worse. :)

Apparently not....... Indonesia become a net oil importer since 2003. At the time of the 98 Asian crisis, oil price was around $20-$30. So, by the time of oil price start increasing (2004-2005), Indonesia has already become a net oil importer and survive the financial crisis aftermath.
ID export crude oil and import refined oil. What I want to say is that if ID main export products still are crude oil,coal which the prices are dropping sharply, then ID really need a miracle to survive in the incoming crisis.

I think we can end the conversation here and wait for what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom