What's new

Indonesia awarded favorite destination in ASEAN

Keep the beautiful pictures coming. Sibolangit Waterfalls :smitten:

BTW how does Indo fare in terms of medical tourism ? Thailand as per my assumption is leading in this sector from ASEAN.

well, not quite. the govt wants to centralize Bali as main tourist destination. they're working on Raja Ampat in Papua for scuba diving lovers as it has the richest ocean biodiversities. some pictures

slide07.jpg

dari-jakarta-ke-raja-ampat.jpg

the world views Indonesia as Beach resort island thanks to Bali. yet, if we were to show any other places around us, i bet they want to change their views. some of the World's Volcanos resides here too, like Mt. Tambora and Mt. Krakatau which is still active today

:o:

The last photo is simply paradise. Amazing really.

Yes, but Indonesia is rightly known as an island state because it has more islands than any other country on the planet. By virtue of that also its beautiful beaches and marine life.

Of course Indonesia has a lot more to offer than just that. For instance mountain regions, rain forests, volcanoes, heritage sites, hospitable people, a tasty cuisine etc.:enjoy:

I cannot wait to visit Indonesia. Hopefully I will get the chance to do that.

This pleases me. I will read about all 3. I can see that Tuanku Imam Bonjol is considered an national hero who lived a long life.

As you know already there are many respected and famous people of Indonesian origin in the Arab world especially on the Arabian Peninsula. Each GCC state has significant Indonesian communities but they are considered local today because they have been there for so long. Some for centuries even. Sometimes you can only see the relation to their old ancestral lands by their names but far from always.

The wiki doesnt tell about his Arab blood, he is either 1/2 or 1/4 Arab ( forgot ). If I am not mistaken the Arab blood come Algeria. During my school I read the book about him, he is one of the important figure for Indonesia, so school student are obligated to learn their national heroes in more detail.

Keep the beautiful pictures coming. Sibolangit Waterfalls :smitten:

BTW how does Indo fare in terms of medical tourism ? Thailand as per my assumption is leading in this sector from ASEAN.

it's not quite much as medical tourism. Singapore usually one of the destinations for medical tourism though. however, it's well known that many Indian students come to Indonesia to study about medics. one of my Indian friend were studying in University of North Sumatera, she comes from Kolkata.

:o:

The last photo is simply paradise. Amazing really.

Yes, but Indonesia is rightly known as an island state because it has more islands than any other country on the planet. By virtue of that also its beautiful beaches and marine life.

Of course Indonesia has a lot more to offer than just that. For instance mountain regions, rain forests, volcanoes, heritage sites, hospitable people, a tasty cuisine etc.:enjoy:

I cannot wait to visit Indonesia. Hopefully I will get the chance to do that.

just a small advice though. if you're planning to visit Bali and if you don't like Australian Human-Wave in there, you can visit Gili island in Lombok as it's less crowded than other parts in Bali. you're welcome to visit Toba Lake, Raja Ampat, and other places, but it won't be as well developed as Bali though.

it's not quite much as medical tourism. Singapore usually one of the destinations for medical tourism though. however, it's well known that many Indian students come to Indonesia to study about medics. one of my Indian friend were studying in University of North Sumatera, she comes from Kolkata.

Glad to hear you have/had an Indian friend studying along with you. Now you have put me in dilemma, you have good medical institutions for learning but don't have much med tourism, is it lack of good hospitals, infrastructure or just the high end medical machinery? I have seen a lot of middle eastern, Malay and specially students coming from Indo to study in India. A good chunk of Indians choose Russia for medical studies. Correct me if im missing something. You being from the same field could you share some of ur experience?

Thanks in advance.

The wiki doesnt tell about his Arab blood, he is either 1/2 or 1/4 Arab ( forgot ). If I am not mistaken the Arab blood come Algeria. During my school I read the book about him, he is one of the important figure for Indonesia, so school student are obligated to learn their national heroes in more detail.

Almost all the Arab-Indonesians are originally from the Arabian Peninsula so Algeria would be quite surprising.
No, Wikipedia is not a serious source at all unless the topic at hand has many references and objective ones at that.

Although Imam Bonjol is included on the list of Arab-Indonesians on the Bahasa Indonesia Wikipedia page about Arab-Indonesians.

Arab-Indonesia - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas

This is his photo on that page:

Also I just found out that your president between 1999-2001 was an Arab-Indonesia. Abdurrahman Wahid (Abdurrahman ad-Dakhil). Although he is mixed. Mixtures are the best anyway.:tup:

Abdurrahman Wahid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that I will settle in Indonesia too in my old age.:agree:

just a small advice though. if you're planning to visit Bali and if you don't like Australian Human-Wave in there, you can visit Gili island in Lombok as it's less crowded than other parts in Bali. you're welcome to visit Toba Lake, Raja Ampat, and other places, but it won't be as well developed as Bali though.

I am a highly adaptable person and not too demanding. I lived for many years in Paris (the unofficial capital of tourism) and have family there and Makkah. So tourists + a lot of people is the last thing that I fear.

But I would prefer something more exotic. A trip to the lesser known Sumatra. I am sure that @Indos would help me if I asked politely.:lol:

Almost all the Arab-Indonesians are originally from the Arabian Peninsula so Algeria would be quite surprising.
No, Wikipedia is not a serious source at all unless the topic at hand has many references and objective ones at that.

Although Imam Bonjol is included on the list of Arab-Indonesians on the Bahasa Indonesia Wikipedia page about Arab-Indonesians.

Also I just found out that your president between 1999-2001 was an Arab-Indonesia. Abdurrahman Wahid (Abdurrahman ad-Dakhil). Although he is mixed. Mixtures are the best anyway.:tup:

I am a highly adaptable person and not too demanding. I lived for many years in Paris (the unofficial capital of tourism) and have family there and Makkah. So tourists + a lot of people is the last thing that I fear.

But I would prefer something more exotic. A trip to the lesser known Sumatra. I am sure that @Indos would help me if I asked politely.:lol:

yeah, there are good places in Sumatera, depending on which province though. just some reference i thought i'll post some other underrated tourist places along Sumatera.

Sikuai Island

Wisata-Pantai-di-Pulau-Sikuai.jpg

National Park of Rafflesia Arnoldi in Bengkulu

2228352.jpg

Labuan Cermin Lake

danau-labuan-cermin6.jpg

Bintan Island

1585rlz.jpg

Two Color Waterfall in Sibolangit

1z3b11e.jpg

Sipoholon Hot Spring

aka5vc.jpg

this is not really tourist attracting place, but if you like Gemstones (particularly Jade Stones), visit Aceh. they have LOTS of these. heck, you probably should get some shovel to dig for some raw gemstones. they're everywhere like pebbles in Aceh.

hqdefault.jpg

975920_11450002062015_akik_spritus_baturaja.jpg

Glad to hear you have/had an Indian friend studying along with you. Now you have put me in dilemma, you have good medical institutions for learning but don't have much med tourism, is it lack of good hospitals, infrastructure or just the high end medical machinery? I have seen a lot of middle eastern, Malay and specially students coming from Indo to study in India. A good chunk of Indians choose Russia for medical studies. Correct me if im missing something. You being from the same field could you share some of ur experience?

Thanks in advance.

i think it's more of Popularity that Singapore has. we're pretty much the same as any other medical institutions anywhere in the world, except Singapore did a good job to promote their medical facilities though.

nah i'm not studying medical. i know my indian friend from my other friend. she's a close friend of hers. i do invite her to visit me in Dublin most of the time though.

[/QUOTE] i think it's more of Popularity that Singapore has. we're pretty much the same as any other medical institutions anywhere in the world, except Singapore did a good job to promote their medical facilities though.

nah i'm not studying medical. i know my indian friend from my other friend. she's a close friend of hers. i do invite her to visit me in Dublin most of the time though.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know u are in Dublin :smitten: city of pubs and wild nightlife. Thanks for replying. Happy weekend :cheers:

I dont know that Abdurrahman Wahid is a mix with Arab, his family has been known here as having a relation with Chinese, so we can even see clearly on his face that he has Chinese blood.

Talking about Imam Bonjol, he is actually from Aceh region, a place where there is a strong relation with Ottoman Empire and Dutch just take Aceh for short ( just similar like Afghanistan, this region never surrender completly to Dutch). So it ( ancestor) might be not from recent Arab coming to Indonesia which is mostly from Yemen (Hadramauth). Actually I am not sure either but his ancestor definatelly not coming from Arab country like Yemen.

Aceh and West Sumatra has very good place.

Mentawai island in West Sumatra is known as the best place for surfing in the world

KingMillenium2-Lifestyle40.jpg

mentawai4.jpg

Indonesia Wins Three Awards in World Halal Travel Award

446293_620.jpg

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta -Indonesia won three awards in the Halal Travel Award 2015 in the United Arab Emirates. The awards are World’s Best Halal Tourism Destination (Lombok), World’s Best Halal Honeymoon Destination (Lombok) and World’s Best Family Friendly Hotel (Sofyan Hotel).

“This is a victory for all of us and in the future, we have to be more focused in developing Indonesia as the world’s halal destination,” said Tourism Minister Arief Yahya on Wednesday, October 21. “These awards were given to those who are the best in international halal travel and tourism industry."

The winners of World Halal Travel Awards 2015 were announced at the Emirates Palace Ballroom, Abu Dhabi, on Tuesday at the same time with the World Halal Travel Summit 2015. Indonesia had tight competition with Malaysia and Turkey to seize the world’s halal destination.

The World Travel Summit and Exhibition were exclusively held by Abu Dhabi’s Tourism and Culture Ministry. In the World’s Best Halal Honeymoon (Lombok), Indonesia was nominated along with Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, Antalya in Turkey, Krabi in Thailand and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

Lombok was also nominated in the World’s Best Halal Tourism Destination along with Abu Dhabi, Amman (Jordan), Antalya (Turkey), Cairo (Egypt), Doha (Qatar), Istanbul (Turkey), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Marrakech (Morocco), and Tehran (Iran).

In the World's Best Halal Culinary Destination category, Indonesia competed with Iran, Jordan, Malaysia, Morocco, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. Meanwhile, in the World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination category, Jakarta was up against Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Andalusia (Spain), Cairo (Egypt), Gozo Island (Malta), Istanbul (Turkey), Jerusalem (Palestine), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (UK), and Mecca (Saudi Arabia).

In the World’s Best Family Friendly Hotel category, Sofyan Hotel Betawi Jakarta competed with Adenya Hotel & Resort (Turkey); Alanda Hotel, Marbella Angel's Peninsula, Turkey Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel, Abu Dhabi (UAE), and Gloria Hotel in Dubai (UAE).

There were also Jannah Burj Al Sarab in Abu Dhabi (UAE); Landmark Grand Hotel in Dubai (UAE); PNB Perdana Hotel & Suites On The Park in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia); Ramada Downtown in Dubai (UAE); Royal Rose Hotel by City Seasons in Abu Dhabi (UAE) and Tamani Marina in Dubai (UAE).

Indonesia Wins Three Awards in World Halal Travel Award   | National | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal

Back
Top Bottom