What's new

Indonesia and Pakistan-Historic relations....

The brave 600 soldier of Pakistan who never came back!

The proclamation of independence with the establishment of the Republic of Indonesia was made on 17th August, 1945 by the late Dr. Ahmad Soekarno and Dr. Mohammed Hatta, the first President and Vice President of Indonesia respectively, breaking the shackles of colonialism and freeing the Indonesian people from Imperialism. After two years, Pakistan emerged on the world map on 14th August, 947. Since before the two countries became independent, two founding fathers Dr. Soekarno and Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah have been working together in the struggle to liberate their respective countries. Indonesia was growing while battling against hardships, diverse problems and financial constraints.

After 1945, the Dutch joined the Allies (the British-Indian Forces) with intention to re-gain its colonial territory in Indonesia. Mohammad Ali Jinnah, leader of All India Muslim League and founder of Pakistan, according to Pakistan historian, Allama Noor Ahmed Quadri, in 1945 appealed to the Moslems in the Indian sub-continent to support the Indonesian struggle for its Independence.

Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah (who later on became the founder of Pakistan) from the All Indian Muslim League Centre in New Delhi, raised severe protest against the colonial atrocities in Indonesia and appealed to the Muslims of the Sub-continent (the votaries of Pakistan) to help the Indonesian brothers in all manners. Responding to Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s clarion call, the 600-Muslim soldiers of the British Indian Army deserted the colonial forces putting their lot at stake, and joined hands with their Indonesian brothers. Out of these 600 gallant soldiers, 500 of them were martyred in war; while the remaining returned to Pakistan or continued to live in Indonesia.

In the end of August 1947, Ali Jinnah ordered to restrain airships loaded with artillery and army support from Netherlands which landed at Karachi airport to transit before heading for Indonesia. These ships were supposed to back-up Netherlands’ military aggression to Indonesia, which they called Police Action on July 21st 1947. Foreign Minister of Pakistan Sir Zafarullah Khan, who conducted the restraining order, said that Dutch action was an affront to the soul of Asia.

During the celebration of its Golden Jubilee on August 17th 1995, Indonesia grants Independence War Awards to the living ex Pakistan soldiers and award the highest honor “Adipura” to the Founding Father of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad All Jinnah and the Government of Pakistan.
On the other hand Indonesia’s support towards Pakistan in the 1965 war against India never forgotten by Pakistan. Until now, Indonesia’s support still considered one of the most valuable contributions and noted in the history of Pakistan.
This historical journey has helped to shape an emotional relationship between the two countries, which can be enhanced into a more substantial relationship.

Indonesia–Pakistan relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/the-brave...tan-who-never-came-back.323806/#ixzz4ILwIgUcp

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/indonesi...ys-joint-exercise.445665/page-2#ixzz4ILz2YI45

Last edited:
Chapter 4: How Asians View Each Other

PG-2014-07-14-balance-of-power-4-01.png

Asia is a sprawling continent with a long, contentious history. The region is dotted with territorial disputes, many deeply rooted in the past. As these frictions have waxed and waned, public sentiment has ebbed and flowed. One time allies have become enemies and vice versa. Alliances have come and gone.

China is viewed throughout the region both with favor as a nation and with concern about its territorial ambitions. Japan is also quite popular, at least outside of northeast Asia. And its leader, Shinzo Abe, inspires confidence in his handling of world affairs in many Asian countries, at least among those who have heard of him.

The poll shows Asians with quite disparate opinions about each other. Half or more in seven of 10 Asian countries surveyed express a favorable view of Japan, while majorities in six of 10 say this about China. Opinions about India vary considerably, ranging from 70% positive in Bangladesh to 13% in Pakistan. Fellow Asians take a fairly critical perspective on Pakistan – there is no country other than Indonesia in which a clear plurality gives Pakistan a positive rating. This includes China, where only 30% have a favorable opinion of Islamabad, a major Beijing ally. Meanwhile, Pakistan is the only Asian nation polled in which less than half see the United States favorably.

There are few fans of China in either Japan (7% favorable view of China) or in Vietnam (16%), where recent territorial disputes have rekindled old animosities. At the same time, just 8% of Chinese like Japan, a distaste that also has its roots in history. And there is no love lost in India for Pakistan; only 15% of Indians voice a positive opinion of Islamabad.

China’s strongest supporters are Pakistanis (78%) and Bangladeshis (77%). India gets its most favorable ratings from Bangladeshis (70%) and Vietnamese (67%). Japan’s highest favorability is among Thais (81%) and Filipinos (80%). Pakistan’s best friends are Indonesians (52%) and Bangladeshis (50%), fellow Muslim-majority countries.

Of the four Asian nations asked about, Americans are most favorable toward Japan (70%) and India (55%). Only 35% in the U.S. have a positive view of China and even less see Pakistan (18%) in a favorable light.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/14/chapter-4-how-asians-view-each-other/

Indonesian politician with Indonesian-Pakistani blood

Marissa Haque

225896_620.jpg

Indonesian Actress with Indonesian-Pakistani blood

Raline Shah

dreamcast-ralineshah-shafira-e1477828624953.jpeg

I'm definitely surprise to see Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia's rating towards Pakistan.

This is what my imagination was,
Bdsh: 10 to 15%
China: 80 to 90%
Indonesia: 90+%
Japan: 70 to 75%
Malaysia: 80 to 90%

Certainly people in these countries seem ignorant about Pakistan.

Would also like to see the latest graph.

I'm definitely surprise to see Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia's rating towards Pakistan.

This is what my imagination was,
Bdsh: 10 to 15%
China: 80 to 90%
Indonesia: 90+%
Japan: 70 to 75%
Malaysia: 80 to 90%

Certainly people in these countries seem ignorant about Pakistan.

Would also like to see the latest graph.

Your imagination is quite true if it is people to people view, but the research is on whole nation image. Pakistan image during the time of interview is still bad due to Military coup and terrorist bombing.

Pakistan image as a nation I believe is regarded much more positively before 9/11 and during Benazir Bhutto government. Benazir Bhutto is quite famous in Indonesia.

@Dubious

I hope you consider this thread to be sticky as it contain valuable information that is hard to find even on the internet.

welcome dear.
had a indo friend in oman.
she was very nice and very soft spoken

Yes, many Indonesian are soft spoken particularly Javanese and Sundanese. I also like soft spoken people, it is the characteristic of our prophet. Unfortunately I dont have Pakistani friend in Indonesia, as Pakistani in Indonesia are so few but I met with Pakistani in Masjidil Haram and we had a long conversation there.

Yes, many Indonesian are soft spoken particularly Javanese and Sundanese. I also like soft spoken people, it is the characteristic of our prophet. Unfortunately I dont have Pakistani friend in Indonesia, as Pakistani in Indonesia are so few but I met with Pakistani in Masjidil Haram and we had a long conversation there.
truth is i have met many many
they come almost every day to my shop to buy jewelry
they r hardworking ladies
but love jewelry alote

Back
Top Bottom