What's new

India's War Budget World's 3rd Biggest Despite High Poverty

Considering we have a western neighbour with Nuclear suicidal tendencies & a northern neighbour with superior military might, defence spending is justifiable.
Both two neighbors are nice one, but still many Indians living under poverty line. But I still think Indians are sane people although many are suffering starvation. Caste system still influence many expects of Indians' life.

Both two neighbors are nice one, but still many Indians living under poverty line. But I still think Indians are sane people although many are suffering starvation. Caste system still influence many expects of Indians' life.

Yeah Caste system is still a cursh on India as a nation.
About the nice neighbour thing, lol.

Yeah Caste system is still a cursh on India as a nation.
About the nice neighbour thing, lol.
I saw a documentary, in which free lover Indian couple got hunted down by families members. I mean how can this shit happen in 21 century?

Here's an excerpt of a piece by Indian entrepreneur Jaithirth Rao published by Indian Express:

"Uday Kotak said a few months back, in the course of an interview, that he was amazed that in his new office in Mumbai, not one of the furniture or fixture items were made in India. My friend Rahul Bhasin conducted a similar exercise in his office in Delhi and discovered pretty much the same thing. The carpet is from China, the furniture is from Malaysia, the light fixtures are from China, the glass partition is from all places, Jebel Ali in the Middle East and so on. Kotak went on to add that even Ganesha statues are no longer made in India. They are imported from China."

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/how-they-killed-our-factories/

Always amazing posts sir, Love your blog and the facts in it. Salutations to you from a fellow Pakistani , its truly an honor for us that you're a member of this forum.
May God bless you

I saw a documentary, in which free lover Indian couple got hunted down by families members. I mean how can this shit happen in 21 century?

Yeah. Evil of Caste system is too deeply rooted in central India. Thankfully I live in a more enlightened part of the country. Even here in marriages caste system still plays a significant role. But inter caste marriages are more than acceptable in this part of the country.

Lack of toilets contributing to rise of #rape in #India – University of Michigan Study. , #opendefecation http://www.rt.com/news/370425-india-toilets-women-rape/#.WFTPBWX7tQ4.twitter

Women in India who don’t have adequate access to sanitation facilities and are forced to openly defecate are more likely to experience sexual violence, according to a new study.
Approva Jadhav, a researcher from the University of Michigan, said that “open defecation places women at uniquely higher risk of type of sexual violence: non-partner” in the co-authored report.

In their findings, researchers said it was twice as likely for women without access to “household toilets” to face sexual violence than women who do have such access, suggesting that improvement of infrastructure and access to toilets would provide a safer environment for women.

“Women who use open defecation sites such as open fields or the side of a railway track are twice as likely to get raped when compared with women using a home toilet,” the study stated.

“Our findings provide further rationale for NGO’s and the Indian government to expand sanitation programs, and raise new questions about the potentially protective role of sanitation facilities in other contexts beyond India,” the research found.

Almost half of India’s population do not have access to basic sanitation and have to defecate in public and women appear to be affected the most.

“This is an urgent need that cannot be ignored anymore,” Ms Jadhav, lead author of the report, told NDTV. “We need more than anecdotes to bring a policy change.”

By analyzing data from the Indian National Family Health Survey along with an overall representative sample of 75,000 women who answered questions on accessibility to toilets in their homes and experiences of various types of violence, the researchers found that previous sanitation studies did not examine the synonymous link between the two.

The issue of India’s sanitation crisis being linked to sexual violence came to light in 2014 when two teenage girls were raped and hanged in Uttar Pradesh while they were making their way to fields to defecate.

In the slums of Delhi, where communities often have to share public toilets, girls under the age of 10 have been found to be at risk of “being raped while on their way to use a public toilet,” according to a BBC report, which also states that around 300 million women and girls in the country defecate in the open.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5100257/

Yeah. Evil of Caste system is too deeply rooted in central India. Thankfully I live in a more enlightened part of the country. Even here in marriages caste system still plays a significant role. But inter caste marriages are more than acceptable in this part of the country.
Modi from low caste or high caste?

India has to face two strong enemies, China and Pakistan, this is one of the reason India is increasing its defense budget every year especially big country like china,and to keep minimum deterrence against china.

Last edited:
India has to face two strong enemies, China and Pakistan, this is one of the reason India is increasing its defense budget every year especially big country like china,and to keep minimum deterrence against china.
There you go another gem from peaceful civilian , Offcourse he is a Bakistani, we are all sure of his nationality @Areesh @HAKIKAT @cabatli_53 @Sinan

This is only true IF you add in the budgets of the Ministry of Home Affairs and the MASSIVE pensions bill of the armed forces. Ordinarily such figures would be considered seperate to the defence budget of a nation but for some reason, when it comes to India, international organisations chose to lump all such figures together but this presents a very skewed picture.

It seems some have a vested interest in inflating India's defence budget but in reality it has remained relatively unchanged (in real terms) for the past 2-3 years and in fact has shrunk as a proportion of GDP (today is under 1.7% of GDP).

India remains the world's 5th/6th largest defence spender and one can be almost certain the gap to those above it is actually growing (Saudi Arabia and Russia are two very opaque authoritarian regimes engaged in active conflict and thus are likely understating their true defence spending).

Lol. I don't know from whoes anal route do they get these figures.

The 2016-17 Defence budget of India only is 38 billion USD. Not 58 billion USD as the report says.

m*timesofindia*com/budget-2016/union-budget-2016/Union-Budget-2016-Defence-budget-hiked-by-nearly-10/articleshow/51195736*cms
(Remove the stars with dots )

2.58Lakh Crore in INR corresponds to little over 38 Billion USD.
Indeed, a very very bizarre calculation. The $38Bn figure is what was stated in parliament and thus should be trusted above all else. Only by including entirely unrelated costs can you reach this mammoth $58Bn figure, I wish India was spending that much but it isn't even close.

Back
Top Bottom