What's new

India’s trade deficit with China jumps to $53 billion in 2015-2016

艹艹艹

Reaction score
Country
China
NEW DELHI: India’s trade deficit with China has swelled to US $52.68 billion in 2015-16, from US $48.48 billion in the previous fiscal.

“Increasing trade deficit with China can be attributed to the relative demand for imports in India and China for each other’s goods,” commerce and industry minister Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha today.

She said efforts are on to increase overall exports by diversifying the trade basket, with emphasis on manufactured goods, services, resolution of market access issues and other non-tariff barriers.

The major imports from China include telecom instruments, computer hardware and peripherals, fertiliser, electronic component, project goods, chemicals and drug intermediaries.

Exports to China are ore, slag or ash, iron and steel, tin, raw hides, leather, plastics and cotton.

The bilateral trade between the countries stood at US $70.73 billion in 2015-16, down from US $72.34 billion in the previous fiscal.

Given the trade deficit, India is deliberately curtailing its trade with China. The figures are no where near what people thought it would be 5 years ago. The trade figure reached the highest in 2011 and since then declining

START BUYING OUR MANGOES AND SPICES!!!!!

mango.jpg

Indian_Spices.jpg

1155844718213mp8.jpg

START BUYING OUR MANGOES AND SPICES!!!!!

mango.jpg

Indian_Spices.jpg

1155844718213mp8.jpg
We've got our own products on the island of Hainan Province.
I can easily buy them online, and have them delivered to my house in 2 days.
The thing is, if we need import mango, the most economical way is to import from Thailand and countries around. India is too far away by cargo ship! I have never seen any Indian fruit so far! Transport is a hindrance.

The thing is, if we need import mango, the most economical way is to import from Thailand and countries around. India is too far away by cargo ship! I have never seen any Indian fruit so far! Transport is a hindrance.
You should try Pakistani mangoes man :smitten:
1305678686484.jpg

what?????

Narrow trade deficit by selling Indian things. Are you a girl too? Sarees look good on everyone, buy one...or two... or three

Kesar-Sarees-Green-Faux-Georgette-SDL879067026-1-f3854.jpg

beautiful-printed-half-and-half-saree-800x1100.jpg

beautiful-yellow-net-saree-800x1100.jpg

Mangoes taste wildly different depending on variety. Once you try Indian mangoes you will never want anything else.

If we can develop a train line from India --> Myanmar --> China we can bypass all those other countries and delays.

Since you guys make basically everything we can only sell stuff unique to India

Narrow trade deficit by selling Indian things. Are you a girl too? Sarees look good on everyone, buy one...or two... or three

Kesar-Sarees-Green-Faux-Georgette-SDL879067026-1-f3854.jpg

beautiful-printed-half-and-half-saree-800x1100.jpg

beautiful-yellow-net-saree-800x1100.jpg

Mangoes taste wildly different depending on variety. Once you try Indian mangoes you will never want anything else.

If we can develop a train line from India --> Myanmar --> China we can bypass all those other countries and delays.

Since you guys make basically everything we can only sell stuff unique to India
U r a girl?
Your previous avatar is you?

Back
Top Bottom