What's new

India's nuclear power a 'myth'-Telegraph

As I said in my another thread.

We do not have nuclear weapons.
We do not have missiles.
We have chinese incursions.
Pakistan's nuclear tipped missiles are pointed at us.
We are so weak.
We dont have anything.
We are so poor.
We have 2 most powerful nations by our side.

Can we do the nuclear test now? :D
Will you please open your reserve of weapons for poor us?:D
Will you please give us loan for the development of poor people?:D

Last edited by a moderator:

We do not have missiles.
We are so weak.
We dont have anything.
We are so poor.

Hae, boy don't cry, i just posted article by telegraph for discussion, now If u have recovered from ur brief Heart attack then we move on

You do realize the question is only about the Fusion device(aka hydrogen bomb) which was one out of the 5 tested(the telegraph article mentions hydrogen bomb "tests" when it was but one of the five tested)but not the Fission devices which the same scientist in question has said has been already been weaponized on multiple platforms.

You do realize the question is only about the Fusion device(aka hydrogen bomb) which was one out of the 5 tested(the telegraph article mentions hydrogen bomb "tests" when it was but one of the five tested)but not the Fission devices which the same scientist in question has said has been already been weaponized on multiple platforms.

U think i have denying this fact....

Hae, boy don't cry, i just posted article by telegraph for discussion, now If u have recovered from ur brief Heart attack then we move on

As I posted do you think that Indians will keep a secreat for 10 years and then will come one day out of poof and say oh that was wrong..... for no reason. Madam he is a nuclear scientist not any tom dick harry. they are under the eyes of intelligence agencies round the clock and do you think that they can give interviews on national tv just like that. if that was the case then Indian scientist would be demonstrating the tutorials on TV to make a nuclear bomb.

India has free media but that does not mean that they can blab around anything and government will give a damn about it. Issues with national security does not come under freedom of speech. Government can very well exercise their control on this matter.

Dont know about heart attack but soon it is being speculated you will hear a heart beat across the border once again.

India has thermonuclear capabilities: NSA :D:D:lol:

Sunday,20 September 2009 19:17 hrs IST

New Delhi, Sep 20: India has thermonuclear capabilities, National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan has emphasised, saying the scientists who raised doubts about the 1998 nuclear tests in Pokhran had personal motives to do so.

Narayanan spoke to CNBC-TV18'S Karan Thapar in an interview to be broadcast Monday night. He insisted that India had the thermonuclear device - the first time a government official has made this statement publicly after the recent controversy.

"We have thermonuclear capabilities. I am absolutely sure. Even if we are hit, we will have enough to be able to deliver something," said Narayanan.

Former senior DRDO official K. Santhanam had raised doubts that India's thermonuclear test in 1998 had not worked.

"I have chosen my words very carefully - (the yield was) 45 kilotons... And nobody... including Santhanam, who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about... knows, for that matter any one else can contest what is a proven fact by the data which is there," said the NSA.

He said the Atomic Energy Commission had last week given the "most authoritative" statement on the efficacy of the 1998 nuclear tests and no more clarification was required from the government.

Narayanan indicated that the sudden statements by Santhanam and other senior nuclear scientists could be a result of personal rivalries within the scientific community.

He rejected the suggestion that a panel of scientists could review the Pokhran test results, asserting that it would be difficult to get neutral, independent scientists who could investigate the matter.

"Which peer scientists are we going to bring in (for a panel)? All those peer scientists are part of the establishment or are sceptics," he said.

Narayanan said he was aware of reports that Pakistan had increased its nuclear arsenal. He stated that India will suitably respond to do whatever is required in national interest to increase nuclear deterrence.

"The fact that a country not friendly is building up its arsenal is a concern... We will do what we have to do."

He added: "We have absolutely no intention of changing no-first use doctrine. We are committed to (it)."

On Pakistan reportedly diverting US technology and weapons for use against India, Narayanan said India had taken up the matter a number of times with the US but the latter had only responded by offering the same equipment to India.

But he admitted that India was worried about the modification of Harpoon missiles by Pakistan.

We do not have missiles.
We are so weak.
We dont have anything.
We are so poor.

See this is called New Age super power..... We don't have anything in working conditions.....still people are not attacking on us... on other hand we are blamed to spread Terror.

@RAW..

Our PM said in the parliament tht ours action are OPEN BOOK....anyone can read any chapter.

on some other threads some times Pakistani members says tht .... there army have some Jalaal-malaal thing also(i don't know wht it is)...due to which they have sycho edge over IA...I think we don;t have tht also....I Still don't understand why Pak. is not attacking us.

As I posted do you think that Indians will keep a secreat for 10 years and then will come one day out of poof and say oh that was wrong..... for no reason. Madam he is a nuclear scientist not any tom dick harry. they are under the eyes of intelligence agencies round the clock and do you think that they can give interviews on national tv just like that. if that was the case then Indian scientist would be demonstrating the tutorials on TV to make a nuclear bomb.

India has free media but that does not mean that they can blab around anything and government will give a damn about it. Issues with national security does not come under freedom of speech. Government can very well exercise their control on this matter.

Dont know about heart attack but soon it is being speculated you will hear a heart beat across the border once again.

Well no one from outside said it, they were ur very own Citizens & all these speculations & theories are based upon the what Indian MEdia & Indian scientists provided
as far Media is concerned u ppl need to put an effective Check on these bunch of Indian media morons, once they create Pak-India war hysteria, then they twist the statements to extract a completely different meaning & now a days they are over hyping Behind Chinese Incursions

Well no one from outside said it, they were ur very own Citizens & all these speculations & theories are based upon the what Indian MEdia & Indian scientists provided
as far Media is concerned u ppl need to put an effective Check on these bunch of Indian media morons, once they create Pak-India war hysteria, then they twist the statements to extract a completely different meaning & now a days they are over hyping Behind Chinese Incursions

thats what they do.......hype! they have to make ends meat too.:lol: .as far as this latest gem's concerned.......100% sudh pure desi bullsh-t.:P

India has thermonuclear capabilities: NSA :D:D:lol:

Sunday,20 September 2009 19:17 hrs IST

New Delhi, Sep 20: India has thermonuclear capabilities, National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan has emphasised, saying the scientists who raised doubts about the 1998 nuclear tests in Pokhran had personal motives to do so.

Narayanan spoke to CNBC-TV18'S Karan Thapar in an interview to be broadcast Monday night. He insisted that India had the thermonuclear device - the first time a government official has made this statement publicly after the recent controversy.

"We have thermonuclear capabilities. I am absolutely sure. Even if we are hit, we will have enough to be able to deliver something," said Narayanan.

Former senior DRDO official K. Santhanam had raised doubts that India's thermonuclear test in 1998 had not worked.

"I have chosen my words very carefully - (the yield was) 45 kilotons... And nobody... including Santhanam, who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about... knows, for that matter any one else can contest what is a proven fact by the data which is there," said the NSA.

He said the Atomic Energy Commission had last week given the "most authoritative" statement on the efficacy of the 1998 nuclear tests and no more clarification was required from the government.

Narayanan indicated that the sudden statements by Santhanam and other senior nuclear scientists could be a result of personal rivalries within the scientific community.

He rejected the suggestion that a panel of scientists could review the Pokhran test results, asserting that it would be difficult to get neutral, independent scientists who could investigate the matter.

"Which peer scientists are we going to bring in (for a panel)? All those peer scientists are part of the establishment or are sceptics," he said.

Narayanan said he was aware of reports that Pakistan had increased its nuclear arsenal. He stated that India will suitably respond to do whatever is required in national interest to increase nuclear deterrence.

"The fact that a country not friendly is building up its arsenal is a concern... We will do what we have to do."

He added: "We have absolutely no intention of changing no-first use doctrine. We are committed to (it)."

On Pakistan reportedly diverting US technology and weapons for use against India, Narayanan said India had taken up the matter a number of times with the US but the latter had only responded by offering the same equipment to India.

But he admitted that India was worried about the modification of Harpoon missiles by Pakistan.

You think they are going to accept, ur own scientists said that it was not 45 Kilo ton as claimed it was nearly 20 kilo ton, is that DRDO scientist a stupid that he will make such statements outa no where & yeah modified Harpoons(so called, they don't ahve any proof, PN has offered inspection of those Harpoons & morver the origianl report was given to NYT by 'unnamed officials' ) are a decisive factor, IN is doomed man, Ohh no...

point??????

Why are all these "revelations" coming out 11 years after the nuclear tests? And that too at time when the US is increasing pressure on India to sign CTBT?

Pretty obvious. India is purposely releasing these reports so as to justify another test. :whistle:

And the Buddha smiles again...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom