Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
brahmos_vntwzz.jpg

India’s PJ-10 BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missile will have superior power compared to today after undergoing an upgrade. The PJ-10 BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missile is a cooperation product between Russia and India, this weapon is based on the P-800 Oniks prototype, it is similar to the original product from appearance to appearance. basic tactical features.

However, to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Missile Technology Control Treaty (MTCR), the range of BrahMos has been reduced to only 290 km compared to over 600 km as in the domestic Russian variant. Despite this, Indian defense officials have always wanted to own a domestic version of BrahMos with the same power as Oniks, their tireless efforts have finally paid off.

At the end of December 2016, Russia and India agreed on a plan to extend the range of BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles to 600 km. The above agreement is considered full of surprises, and it is clearly a great favor of Moscow with New Delhi.
Experts say that, after completing the upgrade process, BrahMos will have combat capabilities not inferior to Oniks serving in the Russian Navy, able to deploy from a much longer distance than the present. , making the opponent extremely difficult to defend.

India’s new supersonic cruise missile with 900km of range - Defence News India (defenceaviationpost.com)

Brahmos was always a higher range missile. It’s range was capped just to satisfy the western cronies and their hurt egos.
Such things are no longer required as India’s reputation changes in the world stage. This kind of treatment was unthinkable in the 1990s.

no specs?
It will be super heavy I suppose.

So does it mean BRAHMOS with 900 KM range is ready with us??? Wow I am going mad with the joy right now.....

So does it mean BRAHMOS with 900 KM range is ready with us??? Wow I am going mad with the joy right now.....
I have same feeling if this is true... my good ness 900 KM will be the declared range and one will only know the range when fired openly....

Guys remember the silkworm missiles of 1971, those were game changers then. India converted these giant anti-ship missile to attack ground targets and the rest is history. PN was caught completely off guard and got obliterated.
Hope these missile will be the silkworm replacements for India in the 21st century.

The article says 600km but the headline says 900km? Apart from the fact that Russia does not posses a 900km ranged Oniks itself.

Not a good source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom