What's new

india's new advanced offshore patrol vessel class ship

Moscow

BANNED
Reaction score
January 29, 2009: The Indian Coast Guard has received the second of two Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel class ships. The 2,200 ton ship was built in India and is 325 feet long and armed with a 30mm auto-cannon and several machine-guns. It can operate a small helicopter. Top speed is 43 kilometers an hour, and the ship can stay at sea for 20 days at a time. The crew of 126 is trained to operate the boat in patrol mode 24/7. There are two cranes for putting two fast (inflatable) boats in the water, so that ships can be boarded and inspected. The ship is of Indian design and construction. India is developing a world class warship manufacturing capability, and is currently designing and building everything from patrol boats to aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines.
:cheers:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htsurf/articles/20090129.aspx

ADVANCED OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL

The 102 m Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel(AOPV) is primarily designed for round the clock, all-weather, coastal patrolling, policing, anti-smuggling,anti-terrorist and Sea-Air search & rescue missions. 76.2 mm Otto Melara Gun fitted on the ship is integrated with a fire control system to accurately locate and engage aerial or surface targets. The vessel also has facilities for :

• Pollution control against oil and chemicals.
• Fire fighting at sea.
• Towage and salvage assistance.
• Aiding and assisting the Navy during wartime.

On board facilities for helicopter operation include:

• Flight deck with landing grid.
• Hangar for ALH helicopter.
• Capability of staging 6.5 T helicopter.
• Equipment to aid night landing.

In line with the requirements for superior achievement of its critical missions, AOPVs have naturally been fitted with state-of-the-art navigational and communication equipment.

MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
Length overall 102.450 Meters
Length LBP 96.00 Meters
Beam moulded 11.50 Meters
Depth moulded 6.00 Meters
Draught (mean) 3.56 Meters
Displacement (full load) 1930 Tonnes
Standard (trial) displacement 1840 Tonnes
Engines 2 nos KOEL 16PA 6V 280, each producing 4565KW at 1000 RPM
Propellers 2 nos Ni-Al Bronze controllable pitch propellers
Speed 22 Knots
Generators 4x500 KVA
Endurance 6000 NM at cruising speed
Crew 124 men
Accommodation Fully air conditioned

sir

india has got a wake up call after mumbai attack, for good. later but better than never.

I wonder if any of you chaps watched the 2006 CNN-IBN expose called Operation Water ***... it clearly showed how unprotected the coast of Mumbai was and the sting operators managed to land many kilos of contraband on the shore and smuggle it into Mumbai without as much as raising an eyebrow....

Shocking really... we need to wake up to the threat posed by the terrorists and smugglers...

I wonder if any of you chaps watched the 2006 CNN-IBN expose called Operation Water ***... it clearly showed how unprotected the coast of Mumbai was and the sting operators managed to land many kilos of contraband on the shore and smuggle it into Mumbai without as much as raising an eyebrow....

Shocking really... we need to wake up to the threat posed by the terrorists and smugglers...
sir
i didn't see it on cnn-ibn and i doubt Mr Moscow have seen it, since he lives in Moscow. as per what you said - yes Indian shore are very much unsecured and its well known fact, other wise so much smuggling acts will not be possible. and this is where my problem starts- WHY DO WE LOOK AT PAKISTAN- we need to strengthen our own self- i never heard Pakistan asking for help to india. we need to stand up and face it.
when these brave soldier loose their life- you have leader like - a chutia -nandan - come and hog on lime light.
Bombay is just a sitting duck . And there needs to be done more than just sitting there and pointing fingers to pakistan!

Back
Top Bottom