What's new

India's low-cost dreamliner:- and its made in India

What's the problem of Chinese quality?
If the quality of our product is so bad,why do many westerner buy them and so many western companies rush to china to produce things and sell it to their own country?
Cheap?no ,Indian labors are far far far CHEAPER.

Why are u derailing this thread with shameless off topic posts???????

On chinese quality everyone knows its junk but you are confusing a American/western/Indian company's product design and developed outside china but contract manufactured in china under strict quality control of American/western/Indian firms, with a products of a chinese company design-developed made in china...................no body prefers it or appreciate it but its dirt cheap use and throw.

Look at your IAF And the train accidents.
India quality?hahahaha

What is IAF have to do with this topic u great troller?
Afterall they dont do copycats work like ur defence forces !!
Stop trolling !!
On topic: It is too early so say so, so it will be better to accept russian proposal on joint R&D on civilian aircraft deal !!

I am not trying to troll or anything but seriously guys.
that is just another narrow body run of the mill plane.
Many countries make these already including China and Brazil.

the "Dream liner" moniker is fit for a state of the art, bleeding edge tech.
not a tata Nano (not that I am calling this plane a tata nano)

The main question everyone should be asking - what is reliability and safety of these planes? Russia have by far more experience in this area than Indians, and their products quality is usually better, and yet if I can, I avoid Russian planes.

Lower maintenance cost? Definitely, but I value my life more than few saved rupees. If Indian train crashes (happens almost daily), I at least have a chance of survival, what are the chances when their plane crashes?..

"Nearly 100 engineers are working on this ambitious project", are you kidding me? Boeing has ~100.000 working on the commercial planes, and they have a long history and vast experience, and still accidents happen. 100 engineers working on a plane sounds like a students project, no offense.

Bottom line: I personally wont be using Indian planes, not until they have a long (and safe) history of using them.

Its mainly for domestic market, competing in export market won't be possible. Maybe a few African countries later.....

from a thread about India investing in RnD in a civilian airline , to a troll fest:rolleyes:
some people with big insecurities derailed this thread. :)

any way whether it works or not its always good to invest in getting a technology rather then just license building it .

I hardly call questions of safety and technology a troll fest.
If you want every one to kiss your ***** and tell you how wonderful everything India does is, then you are on the wrong site.
Perhaps you should post on the Indian defense forum, they will all blindly agree with everything.

from a thread about India investing in RnD in a civilian airline , to a troll fest:rolleyes:
some people with big insecurities derailed this thread. :)

any way whether it works or not its always good to invest in getting a technology rather then just license building it .

I agree , if in the end it turns out to be cheap and safe enough, then it would be a good achievement. IMHO there is still room for 2-3 low cost domestic airline operators in the country.BTW aren`t the Russian using their own Antonov planes as passenger carriers and some other east Europeans countries too??Even China is building passenger planes(or already did it ?), there was a thread here few days ago about it..

The main question everyone should be asking - what is reliability and safety of these planes? Russia have by far more experience in this area than Indians, and their products quality is usually better, and yet if I can, I avoid Russian planes.

Lower maintenance cost? Definitely, but I value my life more than few saved rupees. If Indian train crashes (happens almost daily), I at least have a chance of survival, what are the chances when their plane crashes?..

"Nearly 100 engineers are working on this ambitious project", are you kidding me? Boeing has ~100.000 working on the commercial planes, and they have a long history and vast experience, and still accidents happen. 100 engineers working on a plane sounds like a students project, no offense.

Bottom line: I personally wont be using Indian planes, not until they have a long (and safe) history of using them.

Bottom Line: Read the article first......This is mainly aimed at domestic market........

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I hardly call questions of safety and technology a troll fest.
If you want every one to kiss your ***** and tell you how wonderful everything India does is, then you are on the wrong site.
Perhaps you should post on the Indian defense forum, they will all blindly agree with everything.

We just dont care ............we at-least try......what is the status of your country (don't have an automobile industry....Locomotive etc.....)

The plane hasn't even flown once, and people are asking about safety. How dumb can one be:cheesy:

Even if the Indian state carriers and domestic Indian carriers buy the plane, that should be good enough.

Bottom Line: Read the article first......This is mainly aimed at domestic market.......
Yes, but do you realize there is a tourism industry too? If these planes will crash often with tourists on board, it wont be good for anyone, including India. I also come to India now and then.

We just dont care ............we at-least try......what is the status of your country (don't have an automobile industry....Locomotive etc.....)
Trying is good, but if you want quality planes, India have to invest more, and I mean BY FAR. "Nearly 100 engineers"... My God.

What I would do in Indians place:

Plan A: buy production line and technology from Airbus or Boeing. They wouldnt sell their latest and greatest, but for a few billions they could sell tech. of their previous generation smaller planes. It would cost a bit more, but India could start building planes sooner, and with tech level ~50 years ahead of what those 100 engineers could do. If local materials would be up to par, imagine mass produced and safe planes? Perfection.

Plan B: local engineers would build only hull, import engines and electronics. As a side project - striving to make their own engines, etc. It would take decades to get it done up to western standards, but eventually doable.

It seems Indian is going for Plan C - making everything from the scratch - personally I dont think its a good idea. It will be reinventing the wheel and it will take decades and cost the lives of many thousands till India would even reach the level of decent planes.

Back
Top Bottom