What's new

India's LCH - Best Video

Very nice! Can't wait for the day when these are in Indian service in the 100s.

Looks good.... this would have saved a lot of lives, if we had these during kargil war.
Ditto for prahaar missiles, pinaka (which were actually available, in small numbers).

We should induct these in large numbers.

Probably not, because the "non state actors" had stinger missiles.

Im sure the LCH has countermeasures, but they would have decided that it is safer to use fast flying jets and LGBs (which is what they did).

But I would love to see these babies sending a volley of Helinas or hellfires at enemy armour columns. Having these in the hundreds would be a TREMENDOUS boost for the IA's firepower, and a radical increase of its combat capability. And ditto for the large number of transport and recce helicopters they are getting. IA's formations will be deadlier once these babies get inducted.

Probably not, because the "non state actors" had stinger missiles.

Im sure the LCH has countermeasures, but they would have decided that it is safer to use fast flying jets and LGBs (which is what they did).

But I would love to see these babies sending a volley of Helinas or hellfires at enemy armour columns. Having these in the hundreds would be a TREMENDOUS boost for the IA's firepower, and a radical increase of its combat capability. And ditto for the large number of transport and recce helicopters they are getting. IA's formations will be deadlier once these babies get inducted.

Indeed- even the Mil-17s that were equipped with CMs during Kargil were relegated to rear logistics after 1 Mil-17 was shot down (the only one in the four-ship formation with out CMs). However I'm sure there would be some utility in using the LCH in a Kargil-like conflict if it were to occur in the future.

Wrt hellfires- I think there is next to no chance of such ATGM finding their way onto the LCH they will use the SPIKE and Helinas in the future.

Indeed- even the Mil-17s that were equipped with CMs during Kargil were relegated to rear logistics after 1 Mil-17 was shot down (the only one in the four-ship formation with out CMs). However I'm sure there would be some utility in using the LCH in a Kargil-like conflict if it were to occur in the future.

Wrt hellfires- I think there is next to no chance of such ATGM finding their way onto the LCH they will use the SPIKE and Helinas in the future.

We will be getting hellfires for the apache fleet, right? If it can be used on both platforms, it would bring a lot of operational as well as monetary benefits. (I'm not suggesting anything against helinas, we have to induct them in large numbers too, but we don't know the status of that yet.)

We will be getting hellfires for the apache fleet, right? If it can be used on both platforms, it would bring a lot of operational as well as monetary benefits. (I'm not suggesting anything against helinas, we have to induct them in large numbers too, but we don't know the status of that yet.)

Right, the AH-64Es of the IAF will be coming witngh Hellfires. And yes of would make sense but this is India we are taking about! As it stands it looks as though the ALH WSI and LCH operated by the IA will come with a different (foreign) ATGM to the ones the IAF will use on their WSIs and LCHs! And yes Helina is a dream right now and is for some time down the line- which is why the IA And IAF have intimated (seperate) program's to source a foreign ATGM and AFAIK the Hellfire isn't on the list as ToT is involved.

Well not so reliable n competitive like other 3rd /4 gen heliz....but gud try!

Depends on if we want to integrate it, it was offered for our combat helicopters, but the reports about evaluations and possible ATGMs only mention PARS 3 and SPIKE. Infact, it would be even better for us to use SPIKE on the Apaches as well, instead of hellfire, especially SPIKE NLOS, since it suits the increased radar range more than the normal SPIKE or Hellfire.

Awesome Video! Thanks for posting.

And how come something become's not so reliable when its still in its Developmental phase ?

I know you are not happy after watching this video but still, just don't post for the sake posting.

This is India, so you will be waiting for a very looooooooooooooong time.
By all accounts devlopment on the LCH has been done at a very impressive rate especially for India! The LCH will be in operational service in a few years for sure.

Lol, you guys!
LCH_COMPARISON-page-001.jpg

So quick to make such statements yet, all to often, there is nothing to back up your remarks.

Back
Top Bottom