What's new

India’s largest solar plant inaugurated in MP, Modi calls it ‘saffron revolution’

Chanakya's_Chant

Reaction score
Country
India
India’s largest solar plant in MP, Modi calls it ‘saffron revolution’

Modi-Chouhan_1769999f.jpg

BJP prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan during the launch of a solar power plant at Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday.

Inaugurates India’s largest solar power plant at Neemuch in the presence of his Madhya Pradesh counterpart Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched a 130-MW solar power plant at Bhagwanpur in Neemuch, about 400 km from here, on Wednesday. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was present.

The Welspun Solar MP project, the largest solar power plant in India set up at a cost of Rs. 1,100 crore on 305 hectares of land, will supply power at Rs. 8.05 a kWh.

Calling it a saffron revolution, Mr. Modi said: “We have already seen the green and the white revolutions; soon, we are going to see a saffron revolution in the country ... The sun was there even during the time when there was a Congress Chief Minister. But the Congress never thought of using it to develop solar energy, and it was Chouhan who used it for energy production.”

Hitting out at Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh, he said, “During his regime [as Chief Minister], many power plants were closed down because of which we have been pushed into the dark ages.”

Mr. Chouhan alleged that the Centre was cheating Madhya Pradesh. “Wait for Narendra Modi to become Prime Minister and farmers will get their due,” he said.

The inauguration of the plant comes a day after the former Deputy Prime Minister L.K. Advani launched the linking of the Narmada and the Kshipra rivers in Ujjain. Mr. Modi’s absence from the programme and publicity materials raised questions within party circles. The exclusion of Satyanarayan Jatiya, Rajya Sabha member, who was instrumental in getting the waters of the Narmada to Malwa, also raised eyebrows.

In the past two days, the State has seen a flurry of inaugurations of projects, including the opening of the Betul-Nagpur link in Chhindwara on Tuesday by Union Ministers Kamal Nath and Oscar Fernandes and flagging off an express train from Gwalior to Pune by Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday.

Source:- India’s largest solar plant in MP, Modi calls it ‘saffron revolution’ - The Hindu

Green energy and now saffron energy...... its election time friends.....

I think this is also a model for Pakistan. The cost of a unit of energy in Pak Rupees might be something around 14 PKR which is a little bit cheaper than burning oil in the thermal power plants in Pakistan. It would not affect our foreign exchange reserves at all which is a great positive. And it is green energy meaning our environment is going to be clean from pollution and we would not be contributing to any greenhouse effect threatening the climate.

Indians have taken a lead here.:mad:

I think this is also a model for Pakistan. The cost of a unit of energy in Pak Rupees might be something around 14 PKR which is a little bit cheaper than burning oil in the thermal power plants in Pakistan. It would not affect our foreign exchange reserves at all which is a great positive. And it is green energy meaning our environment is going to be clean from pollution and we would not be contributing to any greenhouse effect threatening the climate.

To isme muh banane ki kya baat hai? Indians were always to be in the lead owing to their stable politics.

India is way ahead of Pakistan in many sectors and in turn China is way ahead of India in many sectors but we should rather concentrate on bridging up the gap rather than being envious of each other! I wish we had a "Race" in such developments as well rather than an Arms race which is good for nothing. Anyways Good Luck :tup:

Do you know that we will generate 20000 MW by 2021 by solar energy which is more than the total installed capacity of Pakistan. ?? :azn:

Yaar I like you guys, lekin kabhi kabhar munh banana parta warna fauji peche par jayen ge.
Whole India knows how much a common Pakistani like India and Indians. We saw that when our Indian team toured Pakistan. Its just tumhare desh pe Military ka control kuchh jyaada hi hai.

Saffron plant spreading Hindu electricity all over INdia !!!! :devil:

Whole India knows how much a common Pakistani like India and Indians.

I am a common Pakistani and I like Indians and wish both nations become good friends. Opinions about Indians and relationship with India vary among common Pakistanis. I also like Indians because they are generally more patriotic than Pakistanis in the right sense of the word something I envy in Indian people. People who are good humans, do not like to hurt others and this is my general expectation from most Indians.

Jhoot mat bolo

I am not.

Back
Top Bottom