What's new

India's 'handgun for women' sparks fury

Well, you bring guns in the open, and let's say they are affordable for women. What guarantee is there that these same guns can't be bought by potential violators of women and used on the women themselves? It's a pandora's box ...

That's right. Criminals are usually the first ones to get their hands on guns anyway, if you make guns widespread then the criminals will be the ones who will use them first as well. Like Latin America where armed gangs roam the streets.

It's a tough decision to be sure.

No it's a wrong step to arm civilians. It will come back to haunt .
Their failure can't be covered by arming women.

Well, you bring guns in the open, and let's say they are affordable for women. What guarantee is there that these same guns can't be bought by potential violators of women and used on the women themselves? It's a pandora's box ...

You are 'jumping the gun' so to speak.

First you have to get a 'gun license' before you can even buy a gun. It is not an easy license to get.

The whole idea of arming civilians is stupid and is a sign of a failing society.

Better morals + law enforcement is the way to go.
Just look at their movies and they consider those acts pretty moral so what else they expected to happen in society

The .32 ACP pistol cartridge doesn't have much power. Several times less than even a 9mm bullet.

But it will deter adversaries well enough. And you can certainly kill with it if you have enough accuracy for good shot placement.

It depends on the round and its weight in grains and muzzle velocity.

Actually a .22 can be pretty deadly and more accurate than .32 ACP or 9mm Luger even in a novice hand.

Last edited:
$1,976 for a simple revolver? That's highway robbery! o_O Indian ladies should have better options than that. One can pick up an excellent condition, used Smith & Wesson 642 designed for women, the Lady Smith, for around $500 in America and it's in .38 Special, a much better self-defence round.

560333_02_s_w_38_spec_model_36_lady_smit_640.jpg

Who will give license for ladies?

It will be the main task to get a gun license in India.

Thts a shit load of money for a crappy revolver .. Can get a used beretta for tht in Pak.. Even tht is robbery.. Coz guns coz a shitload of money here.. Apart from the Dara made clones which cost around 20k RS.

$1,976 for a simple revolver? That's highway robbery! o_O Indian ladies should have better options than that. One can pick up an excellent condition, used Smith & Wesson 642 designed for women, the Lady Smith, for around $500 in America and it's in .38 Special, a much better self-defence round.

560333_02_s_w_38_spec_model_36_lady_smit_640.jpg

This would cost em much more in India ... And I mean much much more.. Heck even in Pak ... A used s&w 9mm here cost double tht here in Pak .. In India probably an arm n a leg..

Thts a shit load of money for a crappy revolver .. Can get a used beretta for tht in Pak.. Even tht is robbery.. Coz guns coz a shitload of money here.. Apart from the Dara made clones which cost around 20k RS.

This would cost em much more in India ... And I mean much much more.. Heck even in Pak ... A used s&w 9mm here cost double tht here in Pak .. In India probably an arm n a leg..
No kidding? I always though guns were fairly cheap in Pakistan due to locally manufactured copies. It's what is said in the news about it, here in the USA.

:D yeh when i saw the price hehehe i thought one lakh and 22 thousands for that??

mehhhh i can get three ak 47 at that price here

No kidding? I always though guns were fairly cheap in Pakistan due to locally manufactured copies. It's what is said in the news about it, here in the USA.

these are cheap even branded ones snatched from NATO troops across the border :D

I believe tasers and pepper spray is lot better as it is effective yet non lethal

Back
Top Bottom