What's new

India's front-line soldiers will soon be equipped with 72400 SIG716-G2 rifles

The real target practice are the heads of indian soldiers
our BAT teams bring home heads of your veggie indian soldiers to play football with :lol::lol::lol:

aukaat dheek apni :lol::lol::lol:
'Give me back my husband's head': Widow of Indian soldier killed in Kashmir border clash in plea to Pakistani forces who decapitated him - The guardian UK
article-0-16F06879000005DC-723_1024x615_large.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sh-plea-Pakistani-forces-decapitated-him.html
Leave kashmir and appologise to every kashmiri and live with us in peace. Else more head will fall.

Leave kashmir and appologise to every kashmiri and live with us in peace. Else more head will fall.
Weak people never give orders. If you are courageous try kashmir by force. We even managed to expell you guys from the most hostile area of the region in mid eighties, when we dont have much equipment &economical superiority over you. Now we are way too strong .

Last edited:
Two rifles passed. This one consistently failed. It didn't even cook off.

If those trials were anything like the Indian Army trials, then no rifle on the planet can pass them. When that is the case, it's usually a fault in the way the standards are being set in the GSQR, not a fault of the rifle. That, or someone in a position of power thinks their pocket didn't get heavy enough.

Which gun passed PA trials anyway? I don't think you selected any gun?

The US Army makes do with a direct gas impingement AR-15 (M4A1) in all corners of the world and it works fine. And a couple of third world armies can't be satisfied with a gas piston AR-15/10, which is inherently far more reliable? Yeah I call BS on that.

Besides I've seen SSG(N) personnel with SIG516 PDWs, and Turkish SOFs with full length 516s, which is basically the same gun as 716 (albeit older generation, G1 compared to the G2 we're buying) but in 5.56. Since when did regular infantry started having higher standards for their service rifles than Special forces?

Two rifles passed. This one consistently failed. It didn't even cook off.
Please tell which rifles passed and please what is status of our Rifle Trials bhai ub koi feeling bhi nahi ati.

Two rifles passed. This one consistently failed.

On what points?

It didn't even cook off.

In most cases, that's a good thing.

On topic, a lot of SIG love going on in India in recent times...

716-G2 Patrol for Army (cleared for procurement)...

716-blk-patrol.jpg

716-G2 DMR for NSG (and Special Group/SFF as well, already inducted)…

1548279499844.png

img_1807 (1).jpg

MPX for NSG (already inducted)...

1548279524062 (1).png

54874.jpg

With all this going on, I wouldn't be surprised if Para-SF would also decide to replace their existing M4A1s with the SIG MCX Virtus...

hxYVQ8i.jpg

Also recently the US Army awarded a contract to SIG for many firearm types, including 716G2 rifles: https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-a...ear-contract-for-various-firearm-systems.html

If it's good enough for US Army, hard to believe that it wouldn't be good enough for a couple of third world armies like India/Pakistan.

Last edited:
P
Please tell which rifles passed and please what is status of our Rifle Trials bhai ub koi feeling bhi nahi ati.
Doesnt matter,all the rifles which indian army inducted are failed in pak evaluation. Medical science sees it as a mental disorder and call this as "sour grape theory".

Ha ha ha... saw insas many times ,true it's a very shabby looking piece.

On what points?

View attachment 536953

View attachment 536955
View attachment 536956

View attachment 536954
54874.jpg

With all this going on, I wouldn't be surprised if Para-SF would also decide to replace their existing M4A1s with the SIG MCX Virtus...

View attachment 536952

Also recently the US Army awarded a contract to SIG for many firearm types, including 716G2 rifles: https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-a...ear-contract-for-various-firearm-systems.html

If it's good enough for US Army, hard to believe that it wouldn't be good enough for a couple of third world armies like India/Pakistan.
Pricing may be the reason

P

Doesnt matter,all the rifles which indian army inducted are failed in pak evaluation. Medical science sees it as a mental disorder and call this as "sour grape theory".

Ha ha ha... saw insas many times ,true it's a very shabby looking piece.

Pricing may be the reason
Go ahead and if Horus is right soon your soldiers will be crying once again

On what points?

View attachment 536953

View attachment 536955
View attachment 536956

View attachment 536954
54874.jpg

View attachment 536952

Proven rifles fail trials due to unforeseen problems that are geography specific. Very rarely is it because the rifle itself is bad.

And if the rifle failed trials in Pakistan, and then saw improvements, then it's all the more better for it.

Better crying than dead.

The rifle passed the IA trials and also emerged L-1, plus is regarded as a superb quality premium rifle in US civilian market. I don't know what dubious standards are set by PA to rig the competition in favor of the entrant that filled your general's pockets the most. The rifle was deemed capable of service in both IA and US Army. If Pak army thinks otherwise, that is laughable.

Either way, I don't see you placing any orders. You can't place orders even when the Army pretty much has a free hand in your country and can raid your coffers whenever it wants. Which should serve to disillusion you into your prevailing financial situation.

Need I say that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush? If IA inducts the new rifles first with 4x optics it will be PA soldiers who'll be left crying.

Not a bad rifle, but a mix of SIG 716, Tavor, CAR 817, AK 103, Insas are bound to create a logictical nightmare.

Our IAS officers responsible for the procurement actually love that kind of complication. It is actually a trend if you study it carefully:

IAF has a zoo of a fleet
IN has a zoo of a fleet (now slowly reducing to more indigenous systems)
Army has weapons from all over the place and we are soon going to make it also into a zoo.

SIG SAUER will hopefully be asked to manufacturing them in India under a license or something. Importing assault rifles while making ballistic missiles is not really something that makes us look good.

And since when did SIG become a US firm? I thought it was a Swiss firm.

What happened to INSAS?

Retiring. It has been in service for over 20 years now. That's why new rifles to replace them.

PA soldiers crying? Nah, the idea behind choosing a 7.62x51mm rifle as the standard is to make sure they stay dead.
But we are going for colt rifle with similar spec right. What is the deference between this and colt?

He is pathetic, and shameful member, what do you expect from him...? Just go through his posting history and you’ll understand.
seems like i have a fan.

might be pathetic and shameful but its still better then being an indian :lol:

Back
Top Bottom