What's new

India's foreign exchange reserves rise to five-month high of $572 billion

kaykay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

India's foreign exchange reserves rose to a five month high in the week ended January 13, according to the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) statistical supplement released on Friday.

Reserves rose to $572 billion, the highest since early August last year. The number is higher than the earlier week - ended January 6 - at $561.58 billion. India's reserves hit a more-than-two-year low of $524.52 billion in October 2022.

The rupee marked its best trading week in two months in the week ended January 13 as it appreciated sharply on breaking out of a tight range.
The RBI has intervened occasionally in the spot and forwards market to protect the rupee, while traders have cited instances of state-run banks purchasing dollars likely on behalf of the central bank.
The country's reserve position with the IMF was also up by $86 million to $5.227 billion in the reporting week, the apex bank data showed.

One is building it's economy. The other is changing regimes.

Crude price will soften further, so probably we will touch 600 billion in the next 4-5 months.
I was watching INR-USD price action for a few days. RBI again bought $10+ Billion this week, which will be published next week.
IMG_20230122_070428.jpg

India's foreign exchange reserves rose to a five month high in the week ended January 13, according to the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) statistical supplement released on Friday.

Reserves rose to $572 billion, the highest since early August last year. The number is higher than the earlier week - ended January 6 - at $561.58 billion. India's reserves hit a more-than-two-year low of $524.52 billion in October 2022.

The rupee marked its best trading week in two months in the week ended January 13 as it appreciated sharply on breaking out of a tight range.
The RBI has intervened occasionally in the spot and forwards market to protect the rupee, while traders have cited instances of state-run banks purchasing dollars likely on behalf of the central bank.
The country's reserve position with the IMF was also up by $86 million to $5.227 billion in the reporting week, the apex bank data showed.
How does this benefit the average citizen who is dirt poor and toiling to barely afford basic needs? quit making an *** out of yourselves with these "achievements". The fact that you are flaunting this on some Pakistani forum only shows us how truly insecure and shallow you lot are.

Last edited:
How does this benefit the average citizen who is dirt poor and toiling to barely afford basic needs? quit making an *** out of yourselves with these "achievements". The fact that you are flaunting this on some Pakistani forum only shows us how truly insecure and shallow you lot are.
If you need aid, please ask properly instead of these cryptic languages.

I’d have explained in details what foreign reserve means for a nation, but I’m sure you came here with pre conceived intention of taking pot shots, so you be you. :)

I’d have explained in details what foreign reserve means for a nation, but I’m sure you came here with pre conceived intention of taking pot shots, so you be you. :)
Hey, i'm not the one flaunting some meaningless achievements on a foreign forum thinking I am making others feel envious to soothe my feelings of inferiority. Playing victim here huh? :rolleyes: :)

Hey, i'm not the one flaunting some meaningless achievements on a foreign forum thinking I am making others feel envious to soothe my feelings of inferiority. Playing victim here huh? :rolleyes: :)
How often you see Modi going to foreign countries with begging bowl to import energy, or medicines, or food ?

Back
Top Bottom