What's new

India's Defence Minister is negotiating Gripen Fighter deal in Sweden

Just how many aircrafts India is going to buy? tejas. Grippen, F16, 18, SU35 ???
They have no operational strategy!

Right now indians are buying jets from everyone except china, but on the ground all they have been doing for the lasst 10 years is repair Su 30
Well we are negotiating from them.... finally the best deal will materialise. On ground we are manufacturing Su-30MKIs since decade...and so 240 MKis are in active services now.

Indian's are beginning to confuse themselves
If anyone is confused, it you. Indians know what they are doing and its called 'negotiation'. The best deal will materialise among all offers.

At the end of all this drama, we're probably gonna settle down with Just Tejas and its varients..

If anyone is confused, it you. Indians know what they are doing and its called 'negotiation'. The best deal will materialise among all offers.

Wouldn't the negotiation have been done during the MMRCA competition before the Rafales were championed?

I think the Defense Minister stated the 126 MMRCA was abandoned.

Saab would have been the way to go from the beginning. They got the most to gain and the potentially for a strategic relationship.

This govt has indirectly revived MMRCA deal once again but in different format making fool of themselves, Canceled MMRCA first then signed deal for same Rafale though in reduced numbers with MII angle thrown in too then why cancelled the the last deal ? could have bought 36 in lieu of 18 as mentioned in last deal. and those 36 deal is not yet signed till now

Most funny part now is going back to same vendors or opening talks with them for the same fighter in which they have lost way back in 2012. i firmly believe this has been political decision to cancel original MMRCA deal thus delaying the induction of fighter aircraft further, Extremely immature governance by govt on this deal. if India will keep on wasting time then same vendors will come out with modified versions to delay the deal further making india look joker

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy
Since Gripen NG was rejected in MMRCA mainly because it was not available at time of decision,
the failure of signing the Rafale deal is continuously diminishing that disadvantage.
As far as I am concerned, the government in India is still in denial phase over Rafale.
They will have to get out of that sooner or later.

Fun with a competition though.

Main arguments vs Gripen:
1. No need since LCA is as good as Gripen.
2. If Gripen is purchased, noone will want any more LCAs.

Not really logical...

Wouldn't the negotiation have been done during the MMRCA competition before the Rafales were championed?

I think the Defense Minister stated the 126 MMRCA was abandoned.

Saab would have been the way to go from the beginning. They got the most to gain and the potentially for a strategic relationship.
Rafale was selected purely on technical superiority and negotiations followed only after that with the winner's company. Anyway forget MMRCA here as current deals have nothing to do with mmrca anymore.
Current deals can be explained in two steps.
1. Purchasing 36 off the shelf Rafale under govt to govt deal with new set of terms and conditions. This also gives them time to negotiate one more deal under 'make in India' category.
2. Negotiate another deal for ~100 aircrafts under 'make in India' with Dassault, Boeing, LM and Saab for their respective aircrafts. But at the end only one of them will be selected without any competition but based on the best deal they offer( price, ToT, future perspectives and such).

Right now indians are buying jets from everyone except china, but on the ground all they have been doing for the lasst 10 years is repair Su 30

3204 post and talking like imature. There is a difference between the Repair and the Deep Mid Life Upgrade or in your word Block upgrade.

Main arguments vs Gripen:
1. No need since LCA is as good as Gripen.
2. If Gripen is purchased, noone will want any more LCAs.

Correction

Main Arguments are

1. Indegenous Product is always better because you can win battle with the imported weapons not the War.

2. Gripen NG/E/F Cost could not be lower than the LCA MK-2, with equivalent Capability and could not provide us the freedom of upgrades to suit our requirement, nor benifits the Local R&D of military aviation.

This govt has indirectly revived MMRCA deal once again but in different format making fool of themselves, Canceled MMRCA first then signed deal for same Rafale though in reduced numbers with MII angle thrown in too then why cancelled the the last deal ? could have bought 36 in lieu of 18 as mentioned in last deal. and those 36 deal is not yet signed till now

Most funny part now is going back to same vendors or opening talks with them for the same fighter in which they have lost way back in 2012. i firmly believe this has been political decision to cancel original MMRCA deal thus delaying the induction of fighter aircraft further, Extremely immature governance by govt on this deal. if India will keep on wasting time then same vendors will come out with modified versions to delay the deal further making india look joker

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy
Pta nhi yaar ye banda (DM) krna kya chahta hai? Is he fooling the nation or really doing something on ground?

I joined the forum in 2008 and there was this big talk of India acquiring modern jets. Its been effing 8 years and still nothing on the ground. Hence it is proven, India is PAF's best friend.

I joined the forum in 2008 and there was this big talk of India acquiring modern jets. Its been effing 8 years and still nothing on the ground. Hence it is proven, India is PAF's best friend.
Sir, for around same time we heard deal about J-10....I see nothing on ground too. Who is whose friend?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom