What's new

India's Commerce Dept releases country breakdown of India's trade partners in FY'19.

Chinese govt. subsidies their shipping cost which is why chinese manufacturers are able to ship cheap goods to all over the world. Earlier US govt. used to subsidize the other half of the cost. Which basically meant chinese used to ship goods to all over the world for FREE.

Indian govt. needs to do the same, but I am pretty sure they don't even know why chinese goods are so cheap.

This is a pretty good video that explains the "china advantage".

we should not give subsidies for export it is as good as giving ur hard earned tax money to some foreigner to buy your own goods. Instead we should focus on producing goods high in the value chain.

we should not give subsidies for export it is as good as giving ur hard earned tax money to some foreigner to buy your own goods. Instead we should focus on producing goods high in the value chain.

The China model is living proof against your argument.

Before we cant start producing high value goods, we need to produce low value goods in large numbers and set up a industrial and production base with robust supply chain and reliable logistics.

Indian govt. already gives subsidy for petrol and gas and that is a LOT worse since we are subsidizing the arab nations who sell us the oil.

We provide subsidy for the import of Palm oil which is just as worse.

We are foolishly providing subsidy for imports and here you are protesting when I am suggesting we offer subsidy for exports to encourage exports and restore our skewed balance of trade and shore up our foreign serves and strengthen our rupee.

When foreigners gets to buy cheap Indian goods, we create a WIN-WIN situation. So rather than grudge their win, let us gracefully and grateful get our own win first.

IT exports are not included here. They are service exports. If services are also included India's trade with USA exceeds $160 billion.

there are back office services then there are software that counts as export, Microsoft office counts as export unless you are telling me the only IT industry India has is Back office support.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom