What's new

India's cleanest city - Chandigrah

All this while I knew that Gangtok was the cleanest city in India:
Gangtok-by-night.jpg

Gangtok_MG_Marg_2790.jpg

i live in chandigarh it is too small to be called as a city i think kerala is the best state with best cities . I Live in sec 21 c near manav mangal school in case u wanna use google earth.

Looks really similar to Lahore is infrastructure/cleanliness/Greenery...but definitely lacks the exotic culture, delicious food, heritage, and historical importance that Lahore carries..... :smitten:

But no doubt, Chandigarh is the best city in whole india...I always wanted to visit it.

PS. Its in Punjab!!! :toast_sign:

South indians sorry, you can have cleaner roads or more educated people blah blah...but you can't match the life, culture, fun, and vibrancy of Punjab!!! :)

BTW, when we say "North India'..what do we mean? Is it only punjab (and other states that were previously punjab but were later divided?) or there are other states too? Can some indian clarify?

All this while I knew that Gangtok was the cleanest city in India:
Gangtok-by-night.jpg

Gangtok_MG_Marg_2790.jpg

Where is this city? India is beautiful for sure..

Your pictures remind me of a Pakistani City Murree...

Few pics...

PC_Bhurban-Murree.jpg

13-murree.jpg

MurreeExpressway.jpg

2425545636_02794ae600_o.jpg

2.jpg

Looks really similar to Lahore is infrastructure/cleanliness/Greenery...but definitely lacks the exotic culture, delicious food, heritage, and historical importance that Lahore carries..... :smitten:

But no doubt, Chandigarh is the best city in whole india...I always wanted to visit it.

PS. Its in Punjab!!! :toast_sign:

South indians sorry, you can have cleaner roads or more educated people blah blah...but you can't match the life, culture, fun, and vibrancy of Punjab!!! :)

BTW, when we say "North India'..what do we mean? Is it only punjab (and other states that were previously punjab but were later divided?) or there are other states too? Can some indian clarify?

Chandigarh , which is one of the seven union territories of India , is not in Punjab. Its a seperate entity of its own . Although it does serve as the capital of both Punjab and Haryana .

And This is North India

india-north-zone-map.jpg

One can also add Bihar and Rajasthan to it but they are not strictly in the north.

Chandigarh , which is one of the seven union territories of India , is not in Punjab. Its a seperate entity of its own . Although it does serve as the capital of both Punjab and Haryana .

And This is North India

india-north-zone-map.jpg

This means I qualify as a north Indian :smart:

And This is North India

india-north-zone-map.jpg

One can also add Bihar and Rajasthan to it but they are not strictly in the north.

Ummm, Himachal Pardesh used to be part of Punjab along with Hiryana, right?

Is there any cultural similarity between Northern India (minus Punjab/Hirayana/Himachal) and Pakistan? Specially Pakistani Punjab?

Ummm, Himachal Pardesh used to be part of Punjab along with Hiryana, right?

Is there any cultural similarity between Northern India (minus Punjab/Hirayana/Himachal) and Pakistan? Specially Pakistani Punjab?

Yup . And During British rule even Delhi was part of Punjab .

And regarding cultural similarity , Urdu is the unifying factor between Uttar Pradesh , Bihar and Pakistan . Western UP is very similar to Haryana and Punjab . Gujjars and Jaats rule UP upto the moradabad/Bareilly area . Eastern UP is very different from west.

Lol have a look at Lavasa city . In about 3 - 4 years time Chandigarh , Gangtok and Islamabad are all gonna be history in front of that .

Exactly.....

No comparison at all.

lavasa.jpg

-

3-new-images-z5b.jpg

-

P213665613.front-view.14174l.jpg

-

lavasa.jpg

-

An-Overview-of-Lavasa-City-Near-Pune1.jpg

-

4178384588_2b1d708b2e.jpg

-

PD6.jpg

Yup . And During British rule even Delhi was part of Punjab .

And regarding cultural similarity , Urdu is the unifying factor between Uttar Pradesh , Bihar and Pakistan . Western UP is very similar to Haryana and Punjab . Gujjars and Jaats rule UP upto the moradabad/Bareilly area .

We Rule Delhi/NCR too ;)

Back
Top Bottom