What's new

Indias "Avatar"

navtrek

Reaction score
Country
India
AVATAR (Sanskrit: अवतार) (from "Aerobic Vehicle for Hypersonic Aerospace Transportation") is a single-stage reusable rocketplane capable of horizontal takeoff and landing, being developed by India's Defense Research and Development Organization along with Indian Space Research Organization and other research institutions; it could be used for cheaper military and civilian satellite launches.

When operational, it is planned to be capable of delivering a payload weighing up to 1000 kg to low earth orbit. It would be the cheapest way to deliver material to space at about US$67/kg. Each craft is expected to withstand 100 launches.

Operation

AVATAR would take off horizontally like a conventional airplane from a conventional airstrip using turbo-ramjet engines that burn air and hydrogen. Once at a cruising altitude, the vehicle would use scramjet propulsion to accelerate from Mach 4 to Mach 8. During this cruising phase, an on-board system would collect air from the atmosphere, from which liquid oxygen would be separated and stored. The liquid oxygen collected then would be used in the final flight phase when the rocket engine burns the collected liquid oxygen and the carried hydrogen to attain orbit. The vehicle would be designed to permit at least a hundred re-entries into the atmosphere.

Dr. M R Suresh, a senior ISRO official, stated that, "The dream of making a vehicle which can take off from a runway like an aircraft, and to return to the runway after deploying the spacecraft in the desired orbit (or Single-stage-to-orbit or SSTO) can be fulfilled only by the availability of more advanced high strength but low density materials so that the structural mass of the vehicle could be reduced considerably from the present levels. The advent of nano-technology could play a deciding factor in developing such exotic materials. However, the material technology available today can realize a Two Stage To Orbit (TSTO) vehicle only and the configuration of the vehicle which is being considered. However, the before realizing the RLV-TSTO it is important to perfect many critical technologies pertaining to hypersonic reentry vehicles. Hence a technology demonstrator vehicle (RLV-TD) is being developed."

1c5bb3d402a3fcb8c0c20203349fbe33.jpg

Avatar (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
You know people don't realize this Thing is stones trow away from a 6th generation UCAV.

The AVATAR rocket is our Ace in the hole

Add stealth features.
And an Advanced radar.
Put a Missile In as Cargo

You have your first Orbital Strategic bomber.

Last edited:
if miniaturized, new series of reusable weapon delivery system. Kalams dream.

AVATAR (Sanskrit: अवतार) (from "Aerobic Vehicle for Hypersonic Aerospace Transportation") is a single-stage reusable rocketplane capable of horizontal takeoff and landing, being developed by India's Defense Research and Development Organization along with Indian Space Research Organization and other research institutions; it could be used for cheaper military and civilian satellite launches.

When operational, it is planned to be capable of delivering a payload weighing up to 1000 kg to low earth orbit. It would be the cheapest way to deliver material to space at about US$67/kg. Each craft is expected to withstand 100 launches.

0905e322d3809dc0f86983ba1b831604.jpg

Operation

AVATAR would take off horizontally like a conventional airplane from a conventional airstrip using turbo-ramjet engines that burn air and hydrogen. Once at a cruising altitude, the vehicle would use scramjet propulsion to accelerate from Mach 4 to Mach 8. During this cruising phase, an on-board system would collect air from the atmosphere, from which liquid oxygen would be separated and stored. The liquid oxygen collected then would be used in the final flight phase when the rocket engine burns the collected liquid oxygen and the carried hydrogen to attain orbit. The vehicle would be designed to permit at least a hundred re-entries into the atmosphere.

Dr. M R Suresh, a senior ISRO official, stated that, "The dream of making a vehicle which can take off from a runway like an aircraft, and to return to the runway after deploying the spacecraft in the desired orbit (or Single-stage-to-orbit or SSTO) can be fulfilled only by the availability of more advanced high strength but low density materials so that the structural mass of the vehicle could be reduced considerably from the present levels. The advent of nano-technology could play a deciding factor in developing such exotic materials. However, the material technology available today can realize a Two Stage To Orbit (TSTO) vehicle only and the configuration of the vehicle which is being considered. However, the before realizing the RLV-TSTO it is important to perfect many critical technologies pertaining to hypersonic reentry vehicles. Hence a technology demonstrator vehicle (RLV-TD) is being developed."

1c5bb3d402a3fcb8c0c20203349fbe33.jpg

Avatar (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe that Pakistan if forget enmity with India and co-operate with us then both countries can achieve technological heights and can provide their citizen a much betterl ife.

I believe that Pakistan if forget enmity with India and co-operate with us then both countries can achieve technological heights and can provide their citizen a much betterl ife.

I wish that could happen.

sure we can try. It might even work for a while.

But sooner or later another terrorist attack will happen in India.
We all point finger at Pakistan. They Deny even all involvement. They say Kashmir should be resolved and then Back to square one.

PaK doesn't want to Speak with India till Kashmir is settled
India Wont Speak with Pak till Terrorists operating from its Land are dealt with.(which Pak dont even recognize)

Nice situation we got our self Into.:hitwall:

sure we can try. It might even work for a while.

But sooner or later another terrorist attack will happen in India.
We all point finger at Pakistan. They Deny even all involvement. They say Kashmir should be resolved and then Back to square one.

PaK doesn't want to Speak with India till Kashmir is settled
India Wont Speak with Pak till Terrorists operating from its Land are dealt with.(which Pak dont even recognize)

Nice situation we got our self Into.:hitwall:

This vicious circle can be broken only in case one of the members loses its economic stamina to keep indulging in low intensity conflicts and keep the momentum going. Fortunately pakistan has run out of that now.

Recent drop in violence in jammu and kashmir and elsewhere in India suggest that pakistan is now out of its economic stamina to fund and support anti India activities. We are witnessing an end to state sponsored warfare, simply because pakistan has created such a mess for itself that such an endevour is economically not affordable now. plus the external aid will be coming with strings attached. Pak sponsored terrorism in JnK is expecting its khalistan style conclusion.

This vicious circle can be broken only in case one of the members loses its economic stamina to keep indulging in low intensity conflicts and keep the momentum going. Fortunately pakistan has run out of that now.

Recent drop in violence in jammu and kashmir and elsewhere in India suggest that pakistan is now out of its economic stamina to fund and support anti India activities. We are witnessing an end to state sponsored warfare, simply because pakistan has created such a mess for itself that such an endevour is economically not affordable now. plus the external aid will be coming with strings attached. Pak sponsored terrorism in JnK is expecting its khalistan style conclusion.

dude you dont get it do you.

The cycle is self maintaining.
And the only way to end it is to defeat its two driving factors.

The Military establishment in Pakistan(includes ISI)
And Kashmir dispute.

Unless One ends there wont be peace.

either the Military is stripped of All political power and a Strong Democratic government. Takes the correct steps to achieve peace.:victory:

Or

India needs to settle Kashmir on Pakistan's terms:undecided:
(this is tetra-mount to meeting the demands of Terrorists, becuase that Why we would ever settle it like that)

well there is third option.

destruction of India.:hang2:

Unless we accept the reality we cant rise to the Challenge.

dude you dont get it do you.

The cycle is self maintaining.
And the only way to end it is to defeat its two driving factors.

The Military establishment in Pakistan(includes ISI)
And Kashmir dispute.

Unless One ends there wont be peace.

either the Military is stripped of All political power and a Strong Democratic government. Takes the correct steps to achieve peace.:victory:

Or

India needs to settle Kashmir on Pakistan's terms:undecided:
(this is tetra-mount to meeting the demands of Terrorists, becuase that Why we would ever settle it like that)

well there is third option.

destruction of India.:hang2:

Unless we accept the reality we cant rise to the Challenge.

Isnt your Govt. already thinking of giving semi autonomous status to IHK. No matter what you say the core issue is Kashmir, until or unless this has been resolved we cant have peace in this region unfortunatly.

Trust me Kashmir would be a buffer state between Pakistan and India, totally independent all these Kashmiri talks of alligning with Pakistan is all crap. They wanna become an independent state and thats good for both of our countries as well.:coffee:

Isnt your Govt. already thinking of giving semi autonomous status to IHK. No matter what you say the core issue is Kashmir, until or unless this has been resolved we cant have peace in this region unfortunatly.

Trust me Kashmir would be a buffer state between Pakistan and India, totally independent all these Kashmiri talks of alligning with Pakistan is all crap. They wanna become an independent state and thats good for both of our countries as well.:coffee:

No matter what you say the core issue is Kashmir, until or unless this has been resolved we cant have peace in this region unfortunatly.

well thank you fist of all for Validating my point.'

and the Only reason Kashmir wants to be a Separate state Is because of the years of Violence. As it happens to Be the Battle ground for what they see as India and Pakistan's war. Guess what all those attempts you made to Liberate them Just made things worse.

I can alternatively say that All Pakistan has to do is drop the Issue and deal with the extremists on its side. and as peace comes to the Valley, People will be happy and contempt.

Frankly we Have ruined Kashmir which had liberal And secular Views.
Into a Fundamentalist population. India need to undo the damage.

The thread has been derailed, we are talking about the Avatar

what about it.
I suggested it Military use , i got no response.

Its an ambitious plan But still in its nascent state. Not much to talk about it Till we have a test flight at least.

This system is One of a kind.

what about it.
I suggested it Military use , i got no response.

Its an ambitious plan But still in its nascent state. Not much to talk about it Till we have a test flight at least.

This system is One of a kind.

I dont understand your response, I am saying that the issue is not about India Pakistan friendship, people give it a break that will never happen. What I am saying , however , is this that we need to discuss more on the technical aspects of the Avatar. FOr one my question is why did they design the Avatar with a payload of only 1000 kgs, wherein nowadays a potent payload is of about 4000 - 5000 kgs, why does India always do this , waste time on a smaller load , test and then go design a vehicle of a higher load, If this is from scratch then at least design something way ahead and make it credible.

I like the way ISRO has matured, it is reaching new heights by the day.
All member sincere request, can we focus on topic.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom