What's new

India's 1st Scorpène-class submarine Kalvari heads out to sea tomorrow from Mumbai

Yes sir, with DRDO, we can only hope at this moment.

But at the same time, I believe, DRDO work culture will change to, NP consider it done.
Well the System is in Trial
img_1312i.jpg

Ok we say we have developed our own 533mm heavy weight torpedo and is ready for induction, then why can't we use that upon these subs?

I know that the Black Shark Torpedoes are the best, but when we have a working alternatives.... I think we should stick to our own.

Ok we say we have developed our own 533mm heavy weight torpedo and is ready for induction, then why can't we use that upon these subs?

I know that the Black Shark Torpedoes are the best, but when we have a working alternatives.... I think we should stick to our own.
I dont think SUBTICS combat management system of the Scorpion support any other torpedo other than Black Shark.

I dont think SUBTICS combat management system of the Scorpion support any other torpedo other than Black Shark.

The Agosta submarines of Pakistan too have SUBTICS but use DM2A4 torpedoes. Similarly Type 209s of Chile upgraded with SUBTICs don't use Black Shark.

So this is not the reason.

Further Black Sharks are used upon Type 212s too.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom