What's new

Indians will be 'thrown out on streets' if Nigerians are targeted: diplomat

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
Panaji: A Nigerian consular official warned on Monday that thousands of Indians in his country will be "thrown out on the streets" if the police doesn't stop evicting Nigerians from their homes in Goa, where the government is trying to locate and deport foreigners without valid visas.

"There are only 50,000 Nigerians living in India but there are over one million Indians living in Nigeria. Thousands of Indians living there will be thrown out on the streets if forcible eviction of Nigerians in Goa does not stop," consular attache Jacob Nwadadia told news agency IANS.

Nigeria has also formally written to the Indian government expressing concerns over the security of its citizens.

Last week, a Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in the Mapusa town of Panaji, triggering angry protests by a group of 200 Nigerians who blocked a major national highway and clashed with the police and locals.

Chief Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he had asked the police department to comb the entire state and locate Nigerians and other foreign nationals who do not have valid visas.

"The state government will withdraw minor cases against the Nigerians and begin process to deport them," the chief minister said.

He also described the murder that took triggered last week's protest as the fall-out of a gang war over drugs.

Chioma Ghansoli, a 24-year-old Nigerian living in Goa, said her landlord asked her to move out of the rented house by the end of the day.

"My landlord said all the 'blacks' had to be evicted on police instructions. I have nowhere to go in Goa. Me and my friends will spend the night at the beach tonight with our luggage," Chioma said.

Indians will be 'thrown out on streets' if Nigerians are targeted: diplomat | NDTV.com

Panaji: A Nigerian consular official warned on Monday that thousands of Indians in his country will be "thrown out on the streets" if the police doesn't stop evicting Nigerians from their homes in Goa, where the government is trying to locate and deport foreigners without valid visas.

"There are only 50,000 Nigerians living in India but there are over one million Indians living in Nigeria. Thousands of Indians living there will be thrown out on the streets if forcible eviction of Nigerians in Goa does not stop," consular attache Jacob Nwadadia told news agency IANS.

Nigeria has also formally written to the Indian government expressing concerns over the security of its citizens.

Last week, a Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in the Mapusa town of Panaji, triggering angry protests by a group of 200 Nigerians who blocked a major national highway and clashed with the police and locals.

Chief Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he had asked the police department to comb the entire state and locate Nigerians and other foreign nationals who do not have valid visas.

"The state government will withdraw minor cases against the Nigerians and begin process to deport them," the chief minister said.

He also described the murder that took triggered last week's protest as the fall-out of a gang war over drugs.

Chioma Ghansoli, a 24-year-old Nigerian living in Goa, said her landlord asked her to move out of the rented house by the end of the day.

"My landlord said all the 'blacks' had to be evicted on police instructions. I have nowhere to go in Goa. Me and my friends will spend the night at the beach tonight with our luggage," Chioma said.

Indians will be 'thrown out on streets' if Nigerians are targeted: diplomat | NDTV.com

racist Indians getting a taste of their own bitter medicine ,these deluded neo Nazis think they are white supremacist

racist Indians getting a taste of their own bitter medicine ,these deluded neo Nazis think they are white supremacist

chinese IQ strikes again :rofl:

A Nigerian consular official warned on Monday that thousands of Indians in his country will be "thrown out on the streets" if the police doesn't stop evicting Nigerians from their homes in Goa, where the government is trying to locate and deport foreigners without valid visas.

Why are Indians treating Nigerians badly even though there are more Indians in Nigeria. India should stop evicting Nigerians as there are over 1 mil Indians over Nigeria. India has no leverage in this relationship. I would urge that India should ask its nationals to return home from Nigeria before evicting one more Nigerian. If its not capable of doing that, its not capable of evicting Nigerians in India.

Indians in Nigeria WITHOUT valid Visa whould be kicked out. and same for Nigerians in India.

For rest bullshit pakistanis and chinese talking here should wash their face and brains.

I can understand your Chinese friends not comprehending English, but you should be able to read the article.

Or maybe you're just trolling.......... Mods gave you permission to troll?
Stabbing some body and then when people call for justice u start curbing them is not comprehension problem....But it seems u have them.

Anyways the Nigerian Gov should go ahead with it.

Stabbing some body and then when people call for justice u start curbing them is not comprehension problem....But it seems u have them.

Anyways the Nigerian Gov should go ahead with it.
Do you even know what you are blabbering? Whatever happened, the culprits shud be brought to justice but u tell me, those who are living in India without valid visas should be allowed or thrown back to their legal country?

Seems, so many pakistans being thrown back to Pakistan due to Visa issues is coz of people with your mentality.

Why are Indians treating Nigerians badly even though there are more Indians in Nigeria. India should stop evicting Nigerians as there are over 1 mil Indians over Nigeria. India has no leverage in this relationship. I would urge that India should ask its nationals to return home from Nigeria before evicting one more Nigerian. If its not capable of doing that, its not capable of evicting Nigerians in India.
Nigerians known for selling drugs.. smuggling and cheating money...

Do you even know what you are blabbering? Whatever happened, the culprits shud be brought to justice but u tell me, those who are living in India without valid visas should be allowed or thrown back to their legal country?

Seems, so many pakistans being thrown back to Pakistan due to Visa issues is coz of people with your mentality.
Go ahead through them if u can!!!

But it seems u can just say dont do that.

Indians in Nigeria WITHOUT valid Visa whould be kicked out. and same for Nigerians in India.

For rest bullshit pakistanis and chinese talking here should wash their face and brains.

I agree that legal rights should be exercised, but I'm deeply disturbed. There is a racist trend that has emerged that we should not ignore. How the hell did we get so arrogant? Having been at the receiving end of racism, I was of the opinion that historical experience would have created an automatic tolerance. But all that has happened in the recent past, including the pronouncements of the politicians only indicates that we really are a bunch of racist @$$holes. The moment we get a weaker prey (in this case the nigerians), our true colors just come out.

I agree that legal rights should be exercised, but I'm deeply disturbed. There is a racist trend that has emerged that we should not ignore. How the hell did we get so arrogant? Having been at the receiving end of racism, I was of the opinion that historical experience would have created an automatic tolerance. But all that has happened in the recent past, including the pronouncements of the politicians only indicates that we really are a bunch of racist @$$holes. The moment we get a weaker prey (in this case the nigerians), our true colors just come out.
I totally agree with you about our racist attitude. No denying that. My only argument was limited to the legality of an individual living on a land. Now this can be done thru rightful means too. Even if we dont get racist and try to see this issue, then too a visaless person needs to quid a foreign land. Now its unfortunate that we carry this exercise with wrong attitude.

I totally agree with you about our racist attitude. No denying that. My only argument was limited to the legality of an individual living on a land. Now this can be done thru rightful means too. Even if we dont get racist and try to see this issue, then too a visaless person needs to quid a foreign land. Now its unfortunate that we carry this exercise with wrong attitude.

visa-less people are supposed to be deported and the concerned embassies are supposed to be notified.....stabbings and woundings goes beyond visa affairs

Back
Top Bottom