What's new

Indians to outnumber Chinese in 2025: US

K^se

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — India is on course to top China as the world's most populous country in 2025, the US Census Bureau forecast, potentially changing the dynamics between the Asian giants.

The latest Census Bureau estimates out this week, which are in line with previous studies, predicted that India would have 1.396 billion people in 2025, surpassing China, whose population growth is more modest.

China since 1980 has allowed most women to bear only one child, in a controversial policy aimed at creating a more sustainable population.

The average Chinese woman now has 1.5 children in her lifetime, compared with 2.7 children for the average Indian woman, although the so-called fertility rate has also been declining in India due to rising education and urbanization.

The demographic shift could affect the Asian powers' economies, which are now among the world's fastest.

China has enjoyed a stronger growth rate than India as young people flock to manufacturing hubs that pump out exports for the world.

But China in coming years will likely face a shrinking labor force and a mass of pensioners.

The US Census Bureau forecast that the ranking of the largest countries would otherwise remain the same in the coming 15 years.

The United States -- whose population is growing more quickly than most wealthy countries, albeit at a slower rate than in recent decades -- will remain the third largest nation, followed by Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nigeria, the figures showed.

Countries expected to fall in population rank include Japan, Russia and Germany, whose birth rates have been low for years. Japan, now the 10th most populous country, will fall to 20th place in 2050, the Census Bureau forecast.

Ethiopia is experiencing rapid population growth and is expected to become the sixth most populous country in 2050, the figures showed.

Other countries expected to rise in population rank include the Democratic Republic of Congo, which has one of the world's highest fertility rates at 5.4 children per woman.

-I already foresaw this, it was just a matter of when it would happen, because of China's one Child Policy, but the number the really surprised me was the Democratic Republic of Congo with 5.4 children per woman?? WOW WTF?? lol..

K^se said:
-I already foresaw this, it was just a matter of when it would happen, because of China's one Child Policy, but the number the really surprised me was the Democratic Republic of Congo with 5.4 children per woman?? WOW WTF?? lol..

Pakistan has a fertility rate of 4 Children per woman. It might overtake India in the future.. India is going to hit 2.1 (stable) pretty soon

hell, this world is going to explode. we dont need more population.

YES..we should control else it would be too late.

Congratuations, india. In this field you indeed will surpass china.

We are not happy on this achievement dear..

Congratulations..........truly an amazing feat. This was sarcasm by the way.

Pakistan has a fertility rate of 4 Children per woman. It might overtake India in the future.. India is going to hit 2.1 (stable) pretty soon

Pakistan: 3.28 children born/woman (2010 est.)
India: 2.65 children born/woman (2010 est.)

Population projections can be way off but Pakistans population is expected to hit 280-290 million by 2050.

Is this a good thing??? I think South Asia is already heavily populated if you compare to facilities we have. I think Pakistan, India, China, Bangladesh should work on papulation control more.....

it's funny how the US used the word "outnumber"
sounds as if they think they can beat China :D

we should focus on controlling our own population rather than congratulating others, its not a good thing for Pakistan, seeing the current social scenario, if the pop increased, it will only increase the never ending list of our problems.

mjnaushad said:
Is this a good thing??? I think South Asia is already heavily populated if you compare to facilities we have. I think Pakistan, India, China, Bangladesh should work on papulation control more.....

Bangladesh has done the best job so far, they're probably at (stable) 2.1 now

fjCLq.jpg

This should also be interesting

Indian states ranking by fertility rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rank↓ State↓ Fertility rate↓
1 Andhra Pradesh 1.8
1 Goa 1.8
1 Tamil Nadu 1.8
2 Himachal Pradesh 1.9
2 Kerala 1.9
3 Punjab 2
3 Sikkim 2
4 Karnataka 2.1
4 Maharashtra 2.1
5 Tripura 2.2
6 West Bengal 2.3
7 Assam 2.4
7 Gujarat 2.4
7 Jammu and Kashmir 2.4
7 Orissa 2.4
8 Chattisgarh 2.6
8 Uttarakhand 2.6
- Whole INDIA 2.6
9 Haryana 2.7
10 Manipur 2.8
11 Mizoram 2.9
12 Arunachal Pradesh 3
13 Madhya Pradesh 3.1
14 Rajasthan 3.2
15 Jharkhand 3.3
16 Nagaland 3.7
17 Meghalaya 3.8
17 Uttar Pradesh 3.8
18 Bihar 4

Whatever happened to birth control?

WASHINGTON — India is on course to top China as the world's most populous country in 2025, the US Census Bureau forecast, potentially changing the dynamics between the Asian giants.

The latest Census Bureau estimates out this week, which are in line with previous studies, predicted that India would have 1.396 billion people in 2025, surpassing China, whose population growth is more modest.

China since 1980 has allowed most women to bear only one child, in a controversial policy aimed at creating a more sustainable population.

The average Chinese woman now has 1.5 children in her lifetime, compared with 2.7 children for the average Indian woman, although the so-called fertility rate has also been declining in India due to rising education and urbanization.

The demographic shift could affect the Asian powers' economies, which are now among the world's fastest.

China has enjoyed a stronger growth rate than India as young people flock to manufacturing hubs that pump out exports for the world.

But China in coming years will likely face a shrinking labor force and a mass of pensioners.

The US Census Bureau forecast that the ranking of the largest countries would otherwise remain the same in the coming 15 years.

The United States -- whose population is growing more quickly than most wealthy countries, albeit at a slower rate than in recent decades -- will remain the third largest nation, followed by Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nigeria, the figures showed.

Countries expected to fall in population rank include Japan, Russia and Germany, whose birth rates have been low for years. Japan, now the 10th most populous country, will fall to 20th place in 2050, the Census Bureau forecast.

Ethiopia is experiencing rapid population growth and is expected to become the sixth most populous country in 2050, the figures showed.

Other countries expected to rise in population rank include the Democratic Republic of Congo, which has one of the world's highest fertility rates at 5.4 children per woman.

Prepare for the invasion of million of nanga bhookas...india this its a pride to have millions and millions of people starving and fighting in a giant pool of limit resources. And thinking of this as a source of western praise is another folly...Chinese experience and growth tells us than quantity is not power when it comes to population.

Back
Top Bottom