What's new

Indian wrestlers secure one bronze and a silver? Freestyle wrestling

Yep, thread on it now.
These jats of Haryana are literally the factory belt for India's Olympic medals where physical strength is required

Other states win at sports like badminton and shooting

Haryana leads in wrestling, boxing and Javelin throws

These jats of Haryana are literally the factory belt for India's Olympic medals where physical strength is required

Other states win at sports like badminton and shooting

Haryana leads in wrestling, boxing and Javelin throws

That's clever though and India will build on these games, their best ever.
The question is where are Pakistan's wrestlers? Oh that's right, can't even be bothered to pay for their facilities, food or travel.
What a joke.

That's clever though and India will build on these games, their best ever.
The question is where are Pakistan's wrestlers? Oh that's right, can't even be bothered to pay for their facilities, food or travel.
What a joke.

Well India is celebrating like crazy right now

Haha another story of martial race Punjabis winning medals

Just a joke, but forget let's all spend millions on cricket which has brought squat in the decade.

Not defending PCB but it isn't pcb that is at fault here

PCB isn't taking away money away from other sports. PCB doesn't get money from government. It makes its own money. So they can spend money as they want to since they earn it themselves

Criticism on cricket is stupid

If you want to criticize then criticize government who gives peanuts to other sports. Criticize Pakistan Olympics committee, Pakistan Sports Board etc for their corruption and apathy towards other sports in Pakistan

View attachment 767386
View attachment 767389

Well done to these guys. India has made leaps and bounds on putting themselves on the world stage in wrestling.

It's sad to think what Pakistan could have done had their been the interest and investment.
Let's just stfu and watch kashmir premiere league.

Not defending PCB but it isn't pcb that is at fault here

PCB isn't taking away money away from other sports. PCB doesn't get money from government. It makes its own money. So they can spend money as they want to since they earn it themselves

Criticism on cricket is stupid

If you want to criticize then criticize government who gives peanuts to other sports. Criticize Pakistan Olympics committee, Pakistan Sports Board etc for their corruption and apathy towards other sports in Pakistan

Of course it isn't at fault here, it's the POC which I mentioned on the javelin thread.
Has that historically been the case i.e. Pakistan cricket received no funds from the government? I know it is now.

Criticism on cricket isn't stupid, it's apt actually. The amount of coverage, time, and sheer interest Pakistanis have in it, compared to what it has brought back is stupid beyond belief. Two times world cup winners, one of which was 20/20, yet people go gaga for it. But here we have minority, incredibly niche sports where we have world placing, that's embarrassing beyond belief.

I've already criticised the government and the POC.

Last edited:
Haryana a state of 2.5 million people

Bejing Olympics 1 gold Abhinav Bindar shooting , 1 bronze boxing
London Olympics 2 bronze ( 1 badminron , 1 wrestling)
Reo Olympics 1 bronze ( wrestling)
Tokyo Olympics ( 1 bronze 1 silver ( wrestling) , 1 gold athletics)

Last edited:
Of course it isn't at fault here, it's the POC which I mentioned on the javelin thread.
Has that historically been the case i.e. Pakistan cricket received no funds from the government? I know it is now.

Criticism on cricket isn't stupid, it's apt actually. The amount of coverage, time, and sheer interest Pakistanis have in it, compared to what it has brought back is stupid beyond belief. Two times world cup winners, one of which was 20/20, yet people go gaga for it. But here we have minority, incredibly niche sports where we have world placing, that's embarrassing beyond belief.

I've already criticised the government and the POC.

Pcb isn't taking any money from other sports. It is making its own money. So criticism on pcb or cricket makes no sense

Here is what rehan ul haq a very prominent sports journalist has to say on this issue

Don't criticize cricket. Criticize politicians, retired generals and bureaucrats who treat other sports in exact manner that they treat other departments of government like Pakistan steel mill for example

They have ruined other departments of this country. They did the same with sports too

Pcb isn't taking any money from other sports. It is making its own money. So criticism on pcb or cricket makes no sense

Here is what rehan ul haq a very prominent sports journalist has to say on this issue

Don't criticize cricket. Criticize politicians, retired generals and bureaucrats who treat other sports in exact manner that they treat other departments of government like Pakistan steel mill for example

They have ruined other departments of this country. They did the same with sports too

He’s right and I’ve already stated they are the primary culprits here.
Anyway going off-topic.

It really depends on the sports culture that exists in a particular state...North East folks are equally, if not more into boxing and weight lifting over Haryanvis

It really depends on the sports culture that exists in a particular state...North East folks are equally, if not more into boxing and weight lifting over Haryanvis
Yes they're good also

But like I said

Jats and Sino tibetan races are all small minorities

You can't rely on them

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom