What's new

Indian women's team defeats China in Final, Wins Gold Medal in Archery WC

great job..job well done girls..you made us proud.. :cheers:

ARCHERS_1159473f.jpg

The Indian team of Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buruily won the gold medal in the women’s recurve team event at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Medellin, Colombia.

Why only one woman looks Indian but others look Asians to me as seen in the photo.

Congrats !! but who is Rimil Buruily ??:undecided: which state is she from?? the above picture is of olympic trio of Dipika , Bombayla & Chekrovolu swuro. Had high hopes from them in the olympics but they couldnot win:cry:

Congratulations to the Indian team,by the way South Korea team are the toppest on Archery

Why only one woman looks Indian but others look Asians to me as seen in the photo.

Two things - India is a part of Asia

You obviously have neither traveled around the country nor interacted much with ppl belonging to the East of Siliguri.

I hope Indian media doesn't give coverage to them. Everything Indian media gives coverage to goes down the drain. Like Cricket.

I hope Indian media doesn't give coverage to them. Everything Indian media gives coverage to goes down the drain. Like Cricket.

They gave good coverage before olympic 2012....there was high hope from women team and Deepika individually...but, they all fail to cope with London weather. Deepika was ranked #1 before Olympic... To some extent I would blame the federation for not providing them a good coach who could help them in adverse condition...Limbaram was a good archer in his time (He also missed a Bronze by whisker likeMilkha or P T Usha) but considering his humble background and education it was not possible for him to bring in modern training method.

Fortunately they got a good South Korean coach (Koreans are the no. 1 in Archery and most consistent ones)...I am sure they will not come back without medals in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom