What's new

Indian women turn to firearms against threat of violence

My personal observation is that more you go North, the more aggressive people become (except for Himachalis may be)

LOL ...u serious?

I find Tammilians and Marathis the most pissed of ,on a day to day basis.

Must be a lot of perverts in Delhi but guns aren't the answer. Having women walking around with lethal weapons will only create another problem.

loll whats soo surprising about it...

i remember when i was small and used to go to my village in punjab just like 10 yrs ago, there was an entire room full of guns, pistols and ammunation and my grandfather used to take us into the farms to practice shooting. that was so much fun. all girls used to shoot. i sikhism girls are asked to protect themselves and be strong. there is nothing wrong in it.

Must be a lot of perverts in Delhi but guns aren't the answer. Having women walking around with lethal weapons will only create another problem.

Especially if it's that time of the month. :angel:

LOL ...u serious?

I find Tammilians and Marathis the most pissed of ,on a day to day basis.

when was the last time you saw a violent riot in Tamil Nadu?

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...61059_1_chennai-ranks-eve-teasing-ncrb-report

The problem is the misogynistic rural areas in Hayrana , close to Delhi. These rich feudal thugs think women are free game and extend their evil web to Delhi. arming women is a good first step to instill some fear in them.

Pepper Sprays should be distributed through PDS shops at a subsidy.

My personal observation is that more you go North, the more aggressive people become (except for Himachalis may be)

I think it is more to do with feudalism and caste system. Some states have been more successful in dealing with these issues than others.

That's what I was thinking. But what other options do these indian women have?

That's what I was thinking. But what other options do these indian women have?

In the UK some women use 'rape alarms' which set off a very loud noise. These could be given out free to women who feel they are vulnerable and advertised on local t.v/radio so people know if they hear this sound a female is in trouble. There is no perfect solution but better than women carrying guns.

Rape Alarms UK | How a rape alarm can help protect you

In the UK some women use 'rape alarms' which set off a very loud noise. These could be given out free to women who feel they are vulnerable and advertised on local t.v/radio so people know if they hear this sound a female is in trouble. There is no perfect solution but better than women carrying guns.

Rape Alarms UK | How a rape alarm can help protect you

That will not work in a noisy and over-crowded places like india where everyone is screaming :lol:

taser/stun gun,pepper/chilli spray, smoke bomb etc must be promoted for the safety of women. not gun culture. in India, a Gun license needs the NOC from district collector and a payment of 2Lakh or more Rupees security. apart from the cost of purchasing guns from Armouries which are given license to stock guns. Hand Guns are extremely costly especially the imported one. and, without proper training and guaranteeing responsible ownership, what is the need of proliferation of Guns?

Most of the illegal gun owners are in eastern states.
Country made Gun Desi Kattas are popular among Up-Bihar. First, they need to be stripped out of this. Gunda culture.

'Desi kattas' may pose challenge for police - Times Of India

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the Trend. It only Works for North India. The Stupid Gun and Drugs Culture has Come from Pakistan.

LOL!!! Stop raping your women you idiot asshole, instead of blaming it on Pakistan. Ask your government to ban the sale of weapons.

Look at the Trend. It only Works for North India. The Stupid Gun and Drugs Culture has Come from Pakistan.

I do not believe Pakistan has got to do anything with it. North India always faced the brunt of the turbulent history for the past 2000 years whereas South India comparatively saw a stable history as it was protected by Vindhyas to a certain extent. The last remnants of the past history is what I feel manifests itself in a slightly higher macho behavior in men of certain parts of North India.

^

lol.

Our women don't carry around guns.

LOL it's getting obvious to me that alot of the trolling is initiated by the Indian posters and some of them can get downright rude and nasty as well. No need to drag in Pakistan over this. I don't see why u have to blame the rising gun culture in India on a foreign nation. That's as good as Americans blaming their gun problems on China or Iraq.

The answer to this problem is not changing the gun possession laws but to improve legislation and also the police force. You can't claim that your government is doing it's job if the people are going to follow their own initiatives for self and home defence. A whole load of new problems would start if u start allowing all these annoyed women to carry guns. If they don't get the right firearm training, it will be disastrous.

I read somewhere in that article about gang rapes in Delhi. You guys really need to work on law and order back in your capital. I was in Delhi once in '98 with a few friends on a high school trip. That year it was ranked the 2nd most dangerous city on earth after Lagos I believe. And true enough, I was mugged in a tuk tuk and I had friends who were mugged outside the hotel. The authorities were not helpful in the least and were infact intimidating. If nothing's really changed since then.....

None of those I believe were Pakistanis though. They were all Indians or at least looked Indian. I doubt India gets floods of guest workers from Pakistan, and I doubt there are many Pakistanis over there either, so lets be civil and stop the insults.

I do not believe Pakistan has got to do anything with it. North India always faced the brunt of the turbulent history for the past 2000 years whereas South India comparatively saw a stable history as it was protected by Vindhyas to a certain extent. The last remnants of the past history is what I feel manifests itself in a slightly higher macho behavior in men of certain parts of North India.

That's what I thought. Back then when I was heading for Delhi, I actually consulted with my Tamil tutor over here who had been to India a few times. His expertise was limited to TamilNadu though. He painted a pretty good impression of what life was like over there and I went to Delhi thinking I knew it all. I was certainly faced with something I had never expected. I do believe the South and the North are very different, the North being alot more rugged and more like an old western film in that sense.

Back
Top Bottom