What's new

Indian woman and baby burned alive for dowry, police say

Sad sad....No one should stoop that low for dowry! RIP poor lady and poor child!!!

They should openly whip any man asking for "expensive gifts"! Shameless act!

Men need to men up and provide for the woman not request "expensive gifts" ....
greed for easy stuff can make desperate men even more desperate, n wen these fu*tards dont get their gifts, they go nuts .

greed for easy stuff can make desperate men even more desperate, n wen these fu*tards dont get their gifts, they go nuts .
Someone needs to tell them the only way to get things is work, earn and buy with your own money! Is there any awareness campaigns that I dont know deal with putting some knowledge into that brain of such lazy people?

Someone needs to tell them the only way to get things is work, earn and buy with your own money! Is there any awareness campaigns that I dont know deal with putting some knowledge into that brain of such lazy people?
nobody knows it either....in fact if somebody says he knows, he's lying....
putting the guilty in jail is a good way to go but its far from a lasting solution.
i guess mentality such as this (custom of gifts turned to obligatory dowry) will die with the two things ....
--education
--passing out of one generation or two

nobody knows it either....in fact if somebody says he knows, he's lying....
putting the guilty in jail is a good way to go but its far from a lasting solution.
i guess mentality such as this (custom of gifts turned to obligatory dowry) will die with the two things ....
--education
--passing out of one generation or two
Good luck! :tup:

When I was in India (Kerala) there were TV ads that usually told us about not to take Dowry, Penalties for taking Dowry (Imprisonment), Domestic violence etc.

Even then, it is a common practice.

One of the ways is to enable Women to study, to contribute economically and teach them to be independent.

And less emphasis on Arranged marriage.

This is not just a guy thing. The Women have to get it drilled into their heads too. A lot of Mother in Laws makes the lives of Daughter in Laws a living hell just because the Dowry is not forthcoming.

Last edited:
When I was in India (Kerala) there were TV ads that usually told us about not to take Dowry, Penalties for taking Dowry (Imprisonment), Domestic violence etc.

One of the ways is to enable Women to study, to contribute economically and teach them to be independent.

This is not just a guy thing. The Women have to get it drilled into their heads too. A lot of Mother in Laws makes the lives of Daughter in Laws a living hell just because the Dowry is not forthcoming.

so true ....its like the 2nd year students have to rag the freshers

RIP to woman and baby .

Give capital punishment to husband and in-laws .

This is just sick.... outdated traditions + lack of education create cause such maltreatment.

This shit is still prevailing even in some pockets of our country . Women have to stand up and refuse but again on the other side that is of groom side the mother or the grooms again a woman indeed would demand it.

STUPIDITY at best. We must stop glorifying fat weddings.

This shit is still prevailing even in some pockets of our country . Women have to stand up and refuse but again on the other side that is of groom side the mother or the grooms again a woman indeed would demand it.

STUPIDITY at best. We must stop glorifying fat weddings.

And they never seem to learn.

Some areas practice female infanticide, and then smuggle in Girls from North Eastern India to have as Wives.

And they never seem to learn.

Some areas practice female infanticide, and then smuggle in Girls from North Eastern India to have as Wives.
women have big share in such spreading social stigmas and such anti-social traditions we need to learn and reform.

i remember my mother NEVER compromised on my studies NEITHER ever bowed down to any stupid proposal just for sake of marriage of daughter. Daughters matter more than marrying them off to wrong persons

Unfortunately, this is a problem in most of South Asia. The region's people need to change their societal views if these sorts of incidents are to be eradicated. The law can only do so much, if the people don't follow them and the police is to incompetent to force people to follow them, then society itself needs to reform.

RIP to the two souls.We Indians need to change,on one hand we talk of how progressive we have become while many of those very so called progressives still adher to such barbaric customs.

Back
Top Bottom