Indian Troopers Held For Assault

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Two troopers held in Bihar, Assam for assaulting women
Patna/Guwahati, Jan 4, 2012, (IANS)

In the midst of the nationwide rage over rape and other forms of sexual assault, two troopers were under arrest Friday - one from Assam Rifles for allegedly molesting a woman who jumped from a train in Bihar and is in critical condition and the other from the CRPF on charges of raping a physically challenged girl in Assam.

Both incidents took place Thursday. Ramesh Kumar, an Assam Rifles trooper posted in Arunachal Pradesh, was nabbed by police for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old woman who was forced to jump off a train in Buxar and is in a Patna hospital.

In the second case, the Central Reserve Police Force's Mohan Singh was arrested for allegedly raping a physically challenged girl in a village near Assam's Lakhimpur town. Both will be tried in civilian courts under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code. If found guilty, they face automatic dismissal from service.

Assam Rifles and the CRPF are under the administrative control of the union home ministry, officials said.

The Bihar victim, who escaped the rape bid, has been unable to give a police statement, Patna Railway Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary told IANS. "Her condition continues to be critical. A team of doctors are monitoring and treating her. She has suffered injuries in her head and legs," a police official said.

The woman was shifted from Ara Sadar hospital to the Patna Medical College and Hospital after she jumped from the moving train Thursday evening.

The injured woman, from Darjeeling in West Bengal, jumped out of the Delhi-bound Brahamputra Mail between the Ara and Buxar stations. The Government Railway Police, with the help of passengers, caught Ramesh Kumar at the Buxar station.

Giving details, an official said two men followed the woman to the toilet and tried to molest her after the train left the Ara station. "She was travelling to Delhi to join her husband, who worked at a garment shop," said a police official.

In the other incident, CRPF trooper Mohan Singh was initially detained and later arrested for the crime late Thursday. Police are looking for three of his accomplices who escaped, an official said. The incident took place in Chauldhowa village, about 40 km from Lakhimpur town.

"According to locals, about four CRPF personnel forcibly took the physically challenged woman, who was passing by the CRPF camp on NH 52 in the area to the nearby jungle," an official said.

Some locals raised an alarm. While they managed to catch Mohan Singh, the others fled. "We have sent the victim for medical examination," an official said. On Thursday, police arrested a Congress leader in Chirang district of Assam's Bodoland Territorial Areas Districts for allegedly attempting to rape a woman.

Good thing, these cases are coming to light... We will not hide them like other countries...

Patna/Guwahati, Jan 4, 2012, (IANS)

In the midst of the nationwide rage over rape and other forms of sexual assault, two troopers were under arrest Friday - one from Assam Rifles for allegedly molesting a woman who jumped from a train in Bihar and is in critical condition and the other from the CRPF on charges of raping a physically challenged girl in Assam.

Both incidents took place Thursday. Ramesh Kumar, an Assam Rifles trooper posted in Arunachal Pradesh, was nabbed by police for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old woman who was forced to jump off a train in Buxar and is in a Patna hospital.

In the second case, the Central Reserve Police Force's Mohan Singh was arrested for allegedly raping a physically challenged girl in a village near Assam's Lakhimpur town. Both will be tried in civilian courts under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code. If found guilty, they face automatic dismissal from service.

Assam Rifles and the CRPF are under the administrative control of the union home ministry, officials said.

The Bihar victim, who escaped the rape bid, has been unable to give a police statement, Patna Railway Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary told IANS. "Her condition continues to be critical. A team of doctors are monitoring and treating her. She has suffered injuries in her head and legs," a police official said.

The woman was shifted from Ara Sadar hospital to the Patna Medical College and Hospital after she jumped from the moving train Thursday evening.

The injured woman, from Darjeeling in West Bengal, jumped out of the Delhi-bound Brahamputra Mail between the Ara and Buxar stations. The Government Railway Police, with the help of passengers, caught Ramesh Kumar at the Buxar station.

Giving details, an official said two men followed the woman to the toilet and tried to molest her after the train left the Ara station. "She was travelling to Delhi to join her husband, who worked at a garment shop," said a police official.

In the other incident, CRPF trooper Mohan Singh was initially detained and later arrested for the crime late Thursday. Police are looking for three of his accomplices who escaped, an official said. The incident took place in Chauldhowa village, about 40 km from Lakhimpur town.

"According to locals, about four CRPF personnel forcibly took the physically challenged woman, who was passing by the CRPF camp on NH 52 in the area to the nearby jungle," an official said.

Some locals raised an alarm. While they managed to catch Mohan Singh, the others fled. "We have sent the victim for medical examination," an official said. On Thursday, police arrested a Congress leader in Chirang district of Assam's Bodoland Territorial Areas Districts for allegedly attempting to rape a woman.

Good, no one should be above the law.

Your love of bashing India is legendary. How about you writing about rapes in Pakistan too for a change? I'll help you out here..

9-year-old in critical condition after gang-rape in Pakistan

BAHAWALPUR: Express Tribune, Pakistan: 4 Jan 2013

A nine-year-old girl was taken to hospital after she was raped by three men on Wednesday. Doctors treating her said that she was in a critical condition. The medico-legal report confirmed rape.

Airport police have registered a case against seven people for kidnap and rape, five of them have been named by the child’s mother. The girl had had gone missing from in front of her house on Wednesday morning, and was later abandoned back there in a nearly unconscious state.

According to the FIR, the girl, a student of class two, was abducted from in front of her house in Manzoorabad in Rahim Yar Khan by three women and a man. She was taken to a dera, where she was raped by three men, one of them identified in the FIR. She was also beaten up before she was abandoned in front of her home.

9-year-old in critical condition after gang-rape – The Express Tribune

Nuff said. :tdown:

Very good. Army is never above the law in India,even though they are in some nations.
They should be prosecuted if they are guilty.
In India,the nation has a army,and army does not have a nation.

Your love of bashing India is legendary. How about you writing about rapes in Pakistan too for a change? I'll help you out here..

A nine-year-old girl was taken to hospital after she was raped by three men on Wednesday. Doctors treating her said that she was in a critical condition. The medico-legal report confirmed rape.

Airport police have registered a case against seven people for kidnap and rape, five of them have been named by the child’s mother. The girl had had gone missing from in front of her house on Wednesday morning, and was later abandoned back there in a nearly unconscious state.

According to the FIR, the girl, a student of class two, was abducted from in front of her house in Manzoorabad in Rahim Yar Khan by three women and a man. She was taken to a dera, where she was raped by three men, one of them identified in the FIR. She was also beaten up before she was abandoned in front of her home.

A crime is a crime no matter where bro.
We all know that what the thread starter's intention is. I would suggest you to open a new thread.

Your idiocy doesn't surprise me for i never open threads on rape specially when it concerns children, but when defenders become offenders it's a different ball game. If i wanted to go down your path, i would have posted the following incident or something similar...as for your cheap shot, well one of your country fellow already beat you to it yesterday.

Schoolgirl raped by rickshaw driver

Your idiocy doesn't surprise me for i never open threads on rape specially when it concerns children, but when defenders become offenders it's a different ball game. If i wanted to go down your path, i would have posted the following incident or something similar...as for your cheap shot, well one of your country fellow already beat you to it yesterday.

Someone needs to see a psychiatrist, pronto! And that ain't me!!! :P

I haven't seen any one speaking against rape in Pakistan seems like rapes do not happen in Pakistan. Very very and extremely Immature Post from a senior member like you. Change your Mind set and stop evaluating women country wise.

And I would also say that to my Indian members that behave mature and stop comparing such crimes country wise. It is a social problem and can happen any where.

I haven't seen any one speaking against rape in Pakistan seems like rapes do not happen in Pakistan. Very very and extremely Immature Post from a senior member like you. Change your Mind set and stop evaluating women country wise.

And I would also say that to my Indian members that behave mature and stop comparing such crimes country wise. It is a social problem and can happen any where.

Local news and social issues are or at least were banned topics hence were seldom discussed. The Delhi incident seems to have opened a can of worms. As for mind set, Indian members dragging in Pakistan in an Indian oriented thread does tells us something......wouldn't you agree. !!

Local news and social issues are or at least were banned topics hence were seldom discussed. The Delhi incident seems to have opened a can of worms. As for mind set, Indian members dragging in Pakistan in an Indian oriented thread does tells us something......wouldn't you agree. !!

then you have to explain them that let us not compare such types of crime 'kiske yahan kitne balatkar huye'.. rather solve the problem and discuss for a solution.

Where troops are involved, yes they have broken the discipline of military and should be punished hard

then you have to explain them that let us not compare such types of crime 'kiske yahan kitne balatkar huye'.. rather solve the problem and discuss for a solution.

Where troops are involved, yes they have broken the discipline of military and should be punished hard

If only it was that simple.....read post ~8 to understand what kind of bankrupt mindsets you encounter.
Run out of argument then simple escape is to become personal just to score some brownie points.

If only it was that simple.....read post ~8 to understand what kind of bankrupt mindsets you encounter.
Run out of argument then simple escape is to become personal just to score some brownie points.

okay let's stop this chest thumping here. It is a very serious issue I do not want to comment unless until people discuss on prevention of this brutal crime.

Back
Top Bottom