What's new

Indian SSBN Arihant completes successful Strategic Deterrent Patrol

A submarine without a working Ballistic or cruise missile mated with it?
This comment should go on a Dawn newspaper report that Pak completed triad in 2017 before india when they test fired babur slcm from submarine. :P
India has ballistic missiles K4 and K15.

Already undergoing. Reportedly 12 VLS tubes

You mean the sea trial? The S3 is in sea trial now? The Ardhaman class? I was referring to this class as this is the one after Arihant.

India needs bigger ones.

That is coming in S5. There will be a S4 and S4*. The S4* will be a bridge between S4 and S5. Will be a 12000 ton class boomer.

This comment should go on a Dawn newspaper report that Pak completed triad in 2017 before india when they test fired babur slcm from submarine. :P
India has ballistic missiles K4 and K15.

Son, do you even understand what I said?

Let me break it down for you. All previous test of so called Indian missiles were done using static pontoons. Go to google and search what pontoons are. LOL

What the hell is K15/K4 ?

What the hell were all previous pontoon based tests ? LET ME REPEAT, have you test fired your missiles FROM the sub itself YET, you numbnut!

Let me break it down for you. All previous test of so called Indian missiles were done using static pontoons. Go to google and search what pontoons are. LOL

What the hell were all previous pontoon based tests ? LET ME REPEAT, have you test fired your missiles FROM the sub itself YET, you numbnut!

It is too risky at this point in time. May be in another 5-10 years India will do this too.

So basically the sub is a dud floating around in the sea? May got some torpedoes the Modi regime think can act as "deterrence" against Pakistan?

This is India's first nuke sub. So it will take time to mature and gain confidence before such risky tests are done.

This is India's first nuke sub. So it will take time to mature and gain confidence before such risky tests are done.

So why Modi is selling this sub to his nation as a "deterrence" against Pakistan when it is, frankly speaking toothless at this point in time? And the bigger question, why no one in India asking the right questions. Its like sending your soldiers to fight with guns in hands but with no bullets.

Your knowledge is grossly outdated.

India Test Fires Short-Range Ballistic Missiles From Submerged Sub

By Franz-Stefan Gady
August 22, 2018

India’s first domestically developed and built nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), the INS Arihant, has for the first time test fired three sub-launched K-15 (B-05) short-range ballistic missiles (SLBM) from a submerged position off the Visakhapatnam coast on August 11 and 12, according to local media reports.

“All three missiles were fired from the submarine, positioned nearly 20-meter deep in the sea, about 10-km off the Vizag coast,” a defense official told the New Indian Express on August 19 “It perfectly followed the pre-designated trajectory before zeroing in on the target with high accuracy, reaching close to zero circular error probability.”

https://thediplomat.com/2018/08/india-test-fires-short-range-ballistic-missiles-from-submerged-sub/

Your knowledge is grossly outdated.

India Test Fires Short-Range Ballistic Missiles From Submerged Sub

By Franz-Stefan Gady
August 22, 2018

India’s first domestically developed and built nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), the INS Arihant, has for the first time test fired three sub-launched K-15 (B-05) short-range ballistic missiles (SLBM) from a submerged position off the Visakhapatnam coast on August 11 and 12, according to local media reports.

“All three missiles were fired from the submarine, positioned nearly 20-meter deep in the sea, about 10-km off the Vizag coast,” a defense official told the New Indian Express on August 19 “It perfectly followed the pre-designated trajectory before zeroing in on the target with high accuracy, reaching close to zero circular error probability.”

https://thediplomat.com/2018/08/india-test-fires-short-range-ballistic-missiles-from-submerged-sub/

Proof is in the pudding.

SHOW US THE TEST.

Indian arm f@rts are well known.

Pakistani babur test (No Pontoon)

Indian test ( @1:11 tugs visible)

SHOW US THE TEST.

Indian arm f@rts are well known.

There is no need to prove anything to you, can't-even-produce-crude-steel bunch.

We have successfully developed a 3500 km range SLBM & a SSBN class capable of carrying it.

The SLBM has been tested from the submarine.

And the submarine have now completed its first deterrent patrol with missiles onboard.

Case closed.

So why Modi is selling this sub to his nation as a "deterrence" against Pakistan when it is, frankly speaking toothless at this point in time? And the bigger question, why no one in India asking the right questions. Its like sending your soldiers to fight with guns in hands but with no bullets.

That is not true. The sub is fully operational and is patrolling the water with fully loaded missiles. Having capability does not necessarily mean we have to test it. It would be done at an opportune time when the sub and its crew are more mature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom