What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Still I'm not convinced by 14Ton figure (printed tag)
China have to make 14T satellite because they don't like co-passengers.

Again, I want to repeat my words
WHO CARES ABOUT IT? :lol:

lololol you act like your "belief" is whats required.
who the heck are you anyways? god himself?

and again since you clearly have a reading disability, ill quote myself

people who care about facts, that said, i was merely setting the record straight, you don't have to care about it at all.

It's you who started it by comparing development on the basis of buildings.
You're free to defame others(India) on any basis anything because admin like defamed India.

Why don't Chinese space agency tried it? But also they are afraid of co-passenger launch missions. And here, you are the only who said India has advanced tech than US.
We can understand your situation. CHEERS!

We don't believe in sending non-useful material to space.
Hope you remember that out of 104 sats , 96 are from US itself and the heaviest from India

I mentioned nearly 300 kgs and that's was only to track the performance of rockets.
Hence many agencies were reporting it as 3.3ton launch from which 3126kg is the weight of GSAT-19E
http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http:...c02412907104941d9979/&grqid=EUAKwnO-&hl=en-IN

As I said before, India should launch 1000 bolt sized satellites, then India can be a space supa powa. If launching numerous pin size satellites is a measure of technology capability, then India has got better technology than US. Who doesn't want a bargain subsidized launch? Even I would go for India pronto. With a GTO capacity of 1.5 tonnes, PSLV is not even suitable for any modern satellites.Your only hope is GSLV.MKIII but then again, it is just 4 tonnes, that's why you still need Ariane for the next few launches.

You were telling me 3.5 tonnes, now it is 3.3 tonnes, great, Indian numbers? Again , check out Chinese launches before commenting, we are talking about Indian launchers, I am prohibited from derailing the thread. If you keep on talking about Chinese launchers, I would need to report you. =)

As I said before, India should launch 1000 bolt sized satellites, then India can be a space supa powa. If launching numerous pin size satellites is a measure of technology capability, then India has got better technology than US. Who doesn't want a bargain subsidized launch? Even I would go for India pronto. With a GTO capacity of 1.5 tonnes, PSLV is not even suitable for any modern satellites.Your only hope is GSLV.MKIII but then again, it is just 4 tonnes, that's why you still need Ariane for the next few launches.

You were telling me 3.5 tonnes, now it is 3.3 tonnes, great, Indian numbers? Again , check out Chinese launches before commenting, we are talking about Indian launchers, I am prohibited from derailing the thread. If you keep on talking about Chinese launchers, I would need to report you. =)
For better business, if you have Capability to launch something than you do not want to deny for it.
If you denied for them than some other will come forward to launch there small satellites.
For your case, it shows you incapablility to launch co-passengers. In this case, its very bad when you shouting to downplay ISRO.

ISRO has its customers of all weight class satellites. And it's our Capability to launch hundreds of satellites with one rocket.

Best wishes for you.

===============================================================
lololol you act like your "belief" is whats required.
who the heck are you anyways? god himself?
and again since you clearly have a reading disability, ill quote myself
I request you to use brail aid to read my post. Good luck.
By the I have 6/6 eyesight. Buy I'm not mentally dumb as my counterpart is. CHEERS
Still I'm not convinced by 14Ton figure (printed tag)
China have to make 14T satellite because they don't like co-passengers.

Again, I want to repeat my words
WHO CARES ABOUT IT? :lol:

I request you to use brail aid to read my post. Good luck.
By the I have 6/6 eyesight. Buy I'm not mentally dumb as my counterpart is. CHEERS

sure you do, yet you keep asking a question that i've answer twice now.

so for the third time

who cares?

"people who care about facts, that said, i was merely setting the record straight, you don't have to care about it at all."

19221491_1559501504113294_742024403384803586_o.jpg

ISRO set to launch back-up Satellite to keep IRNSS fully operational

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is preparing to launch a back-up for IRNSS-1A, one of the seven satellites in the constellation, that has been hobbled by the failure of the atomic clocks on board.

The PSLV C39 mission, scheduled for late July or early August, will carry the new satellite named IRNSS-1H into orbit, said K. Sivan, Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.

Replacing IRNSS-1A became a priority for the ISRO after it was confirmed in January this year that all the three rubidium atomic clocks on board had stopped functioning. The space agency had decided on launching one of the two spare satellites after initial efforts to restart the clocks failed.

IRNSS-1A is the first of the seven satellites comprising the Navigation Indian Constellation (NavIC), a multi-purpose satellite-based positioning system, envisaged as India’s alternative to the American GPS. NavIC has been designed to support vehicle tracking, fleet management, disaster management and mapping services besides terrestrial, marine and aerial navigation for India and its neighbourhood.

The system became operational in 2016 after the seventh satellite in the series was placed in orbit.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/618393/isros-mars-orbiter-mission-completes.html
ISRO'S Mars Orbiter Mission Completes 1000 Days in Orbit

Sathyanarayana, DH News Service, Chennai, Jun 20 2017, 18:32 IST

618393_thump.jpg

MOM is credited with many laurels like cost-effectiveness, a short period of realisation, economical mass-budget, miniaturisation of five heterogeneous science payloads etc. Satellite is in good health and continues to work as expected. Scientific analysis of the data received from the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is in progress. Picture courtesy ISRO

India's indigenous Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), the maiden interplanetary launch of ISRO, which was launched on November 5, 2013, completes 1000 earth days in its orbit.

MOM is credited with many laurels like cost-effectiveness, a short period of realisation, economical mass-budget, miniaturisation of five heterogeneous science payloads etc. Satellite is in good health and continues to work as expected. Scientific analysis of the data received from the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is in progress.

ISRO has also launched MOM Announcement of Opportunity (AO) programmes for researchers in the country to use MOM data for R&D. The success of Mars Orbiter Mission has motivated India’s student and research community in a big way. Thirty-two proposals were supported under this AO. A Planetary data analysis workshop was also conducted to strengthen the MOM-AO scientist's research interest.

First-year data from MOM was released to the public on September 24, 2016. The Mars Colour Camera, one of the scientific payloads onboard MOM, has produced more than 715 images so far. Mars Atlas was prepared and made available on ISRO website.

MOM went through a communication 'blackout' as a result of solar conjunction from June 2, 2015, to July 2, 2015. Telemetry data was received during most of the conjunction period except for 9 days from June 10-18, during superior conjunction. MOM was commanded with autonomy features starting from May 18, 2015, which enabled it to survive the communication 'blackout' period without any ground commands or intervention.

The spacecraft emerged out of 'blackout' period with auto control of the spacecraft systems successfully. This experience had enabled the mission team to program a spacecraft about one month in advance for all operations.

MOM spacecraft experienced the ‘whiteout’ geometry during May 18 to May 30, 2016. A ‘whiteout’ occurs when the Earth is between the Sun and Mars and too much solar radiation may make it impossible to communicate with the Earth.

The maximum duration of ‘whiteout’ is around 14 days. MOM spacecraft experienced the ‘whiteout’ during May 2016. However, MOM is built with full autonomy to take care of itself for long periods without any ground intervention. The entire planning and commanding for the ‘whiteout’ was completed 10 days before the actual event. No commanding was carried out on the satellite in the ‘whiteout’ period.

Payload operations were suspended. Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery were kept enabled, so as to take care of any contingency on the spacecraft. Master Recovery Sequencer was programmed, to acquire the attitude of the spacecraft and ensure communication with earth even in the case of loss of attitude. The spacecraft came out of ‘whiteout’ geometry successfully on May 30, 2016, and has been normalised for regular operations.

An orbital manoeuvre was performed on MOM spacecraft to avoid the impending long eclipse duration for the satellite. The duration of the eclipse would have been as long as 8 hours. As the satellite battery is designed to handle eclipse duration of only about 1 Hour 40 minutes, a longer eclipse would have drained the battery beyond the safe limit.

The manoeuvres performed on January 17, 2017, brought down the eclipse duration to zero during this long eclipse period. On the Evening of January 17, all the eight numbers of 22N thrusters were fired for a duration of 431 seconds, achieving a velocity difference of 97.5 m/s. This has resulted in a new orbit for the MOM spacecraft, which completely avoided eclipse up to September 2017. About 20 kg propellant was consumed for this manoeuvres leaving another 13 kg of propellant for its further mission life.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/618394/isro-all-set-launch-remote.html
618394_thump.jpg

After successful GSLV-Mk-III heavy rocket mission, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to PSLV-C38 carrying 712 Cartosat-2 series, a remote sensing satellite on Friday. Deccan Herald photo

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/618394/isro-all-set-launch-remote.html
After successful GSLV-Mk-III heavy rocket mission, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to PSLV-C38 carrying 712 Cartosat-2 series, a remote sensing satellite on Friday.

India's most trusted rocket PSLV will also take 30 co-passenger satellites weighing about 243 kg at lift-off into a 505 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO).

ISRO sources told Deccan Herald on Tuesday evening that the rocket will be launched at country's spaceport Sriharikota 90 km from north Chennai.

"The rocket will take off from the first launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) on June 23, a senior ISRO official here said.

According to him, after getting clearance from Mission Readiness Review (MRR) committee and Launch Authorisation Board (LAB), the countdown of the PSLV-C38 launch mission will be announced.

This will be the seventeenth flight of PSLV in 'XL' configuration (with the use of solid strap-on motors).

The primary Cartosat-2 series satellite is a remote sensing satellite, After its injection into the required orbit, the satellite will be brought to operational configuration following which it will begin providing regular remote sensing services using its panchromatic and multispectral cameras.

The imagery sent by the satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use and regulation, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, creation of land use maps, change detection to bring out geographical and man-made features and various other land information system as well as geographical information system (GIS) applications.

The co-passenger satellites comprise 29 Nano satellites from 14 countries such as Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, United Kingdom, and the United States of America as well as one Nanosatellite from India.

The total weight of all these satellites carried onboard PSLV-C38 is about 955 kg.

The 29 International customer Nano satellites are being launched as part of the commercial arrangements between Antrix Corporation Limited (Antrix), a Government of India company under Department of Space (DOS) and the commercial arm of ISRO and the International customers.

ISROs PSLV-C38 at the first launch pad in Sriharikota, a day before launching earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 Series along with 30 co-passenger satellites of various countries.
604537-220617-gs-09.jpg

PSLV-C38

PSLV-C38 at the First Launch Pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota near Chennai. Photo: ISRO

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...-c38-launch/article19125070.ece?homepage=true

29 nano satellites from 14 countries are being launched as part of the commercial arrangements between Antrix Corporation and international customers.
The 28-hour countdown for the launch of Cartosat-2 series satellite along with 30 co-passenger satellites from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh began at 5.29 a.m. IST on June 22.

The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, in its 40th flight (PSLV-C38), would launch the 712 kg satellite for earth observation and 30 other satellites together weighing about 243 kg into a 505 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO) at 9.20 a.m. IST on June 23, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said.

The co-passengers comprise 29 nano satellites from 14 countries — Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, the United Kingdom and the United States of America besides a nano satellite from India. PSLV-C38 will be launched from the First Launch Pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.

This will be the 17th flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration (with the use of solid strap-on motors).

The space agency said the 29 international customer nano satellites are being launched as part of the commercial arrangements between Antrix Corporation Limited (Antrix), commercial arm of ISRO and international customers.

Cartosat-2 is a remote sensing satellite and it is similar in configuration to earlier satellites in the series with the objective of providing high-resolution scene specific spot imagery.

ISRO chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar told reporters at the Chennai airport that all the activities for the launch were on. He expressed happiness over the “Mangalyan” mission completing 1,000 days on June 19, 2017 and said it was performing very well.

Spectacular shots from pslv c 38 Onboard cam.
I congratulate ISRO for spending a few extra bucks and putting some camera on the launch vehicle giving us some breathtaking shots.
They even livestreamed these visuals in front of the foreign costumers. That's how confident they are.

Department of Space
23-June, 2017 12:19 IST
PSLV-C38 Successfully Launches 31 Satellites in a Single Flight

ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C38 successfully launched the 712 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 30 co-passenger satellites today from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota. This is the thirty ninth consecutively successful mission of PSLV.

PSLV-C38 lifted off at 0929 hrs (9:29 am) IST, as planned, from the First Launch Pad. After a flight of about 16 minutes, the satellites achieved a polar Sun Synchronous Orbit of 505 km inclined at an angle of 97.44 degree to the equator (very close to the intended orbit) and in the succeeding seven and a half minutes, all the 31 satellites successfully separated from the PSLV in a predetermined sequence beginning with Cartosat-2 series satellite, followed by NIUSAT and 29 customer satellites. The total number of Indian satellites launched by PSLV now stands at 48.

After separation, the two solar arrays of Cartosat-2 series satellite were deployed automatically and ISRO's Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) at Bangalore took over the control of the satellite. In the coming days, the satellite will be brought to its final operational configuration following which it will begin to provide various remote sensing services using its panchromatic (black and white) and multispectral (colour) cameras.

One of the 30 co-passenger satellites carried by PSLV-C38 was the 15 kg NIUSAT, a University/Academic Institute satellite from Nurul Islam University, Tamil Nadu, India. The remaining 29 co-passenger satellites carried were international customer satellites from USA (10), United Kingdom (3), Belgium (3), Italy (3), Austria (1), Chile (1), Czech Republic (1), Finland (1), France (1), Germany (1), Japan (1), Latvia (1), Lithuania (1) and Slovakia (1).

With today’s successful launch, the total number of customer satellites from abroad placed in orbit by India’s workhorse launch vehicle PSLV has reached 209.

Prime Minister's Office
23-June, 2017 11:23 IST
PM congratulates ISRO on its 40th successful Polar satellite launch carrying 31 satellites from 15 countries

The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has congratulated ISRO on its 40th successful Polar satellite launch carrying 31 satellites from 15 countries.

“Congratulations to ISRO on its 40th successful Polar satellite launch carrying 31 satellites from 15 countries. You make us proud", the Prime Minister said.

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)s PSLV C38, carrying earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 Series and 30 co-passenger satellites of various countries, lifts off from Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota.
604756-230617-gs-07.jpg

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...tes-onboard/article19131728.ece?homepage=true

The PSLV, in its 40th flight, carried the Cartosat-2 series, main payload that weighs 712 kg, and NIUSAT from the Noorul Islam University, Kanniyakumari. Representatives of the client countries watched from the Mission Control as their spacecraft were placed in orbit.

The Cartosat-2, the sixth in the series, was placed in a 505 km polar sun synchronous orbit, at 16.43 minutes after the launch and the final satellite was injected into orbit at 23 minutes. The total payload weighed 955 kg at liftoff. The Cartosat will provide remote sensing services for about five years.

The other 29 nano satellites belonged to Austria, Belgium, Chile, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

PSLVJPG

The Cartosat-2 will be used for cartographic applications, coastal land use and regulation, road network monitoring, water distribution, creation of land use maps, Land Information Systems (LIS) and Geograhical Information System (GIS) applications, the ISRO said.

With this PSLV launch, the ISRO now has the confidence to put a number of satellites into different orbits in a single mission, Mission Director B. Jayakumar said.

“Initially it [PSLV] was designed to put satellites in sun synchronous orbit… we could establish it could cater to any type of orbits – geo synchronous, sun synchronous or low inclination orbit, carrying multiple satellites; Everything has been established. I m sure this will be a major attraction for foreign satellite customers,” Mr. Jayakumar said.

PSLV, a credible launch vehicle
ISRO Chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar said the PSLV was emerging as a credible launch vehicle for anybody across the globe, “both because of the frequency at which the launch is happening and also the access and timeline within which satellites can be put into orbit”.

The ISRO was improving its capabilities in new areas with each launch. “I am sure PSLV will continue to be the demanded vehicle for going into lower orbits,” he said.

The replacement satellite for the IRNSS-1A, in which the clocks had stopped working on the first one, would be launched soon. “The IRNSS-1A service is available. IRNSS can be used for many applications and already there are companies that have started building specific hardware and using the resource,” he said.

Communication satellite GSAT-17 would be launched on June 28 from French Guiana and GSAT-11 later this year.

Various teams were working on the second Mars Orbiter Mission, Venus Mission and the Asteroid Mission. “Very soon, we will be finalising our plan of action. Then we will get the necessary approvals from the government and move ahead. Right now we have not confirmed what will be beyond our Aditya. Right now Chandrayaan-II and Aditya are the two missions for which we have approvals,” Mr. Kumar said.

1/6
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Friday successfully launched 31 satellites from First Launch Pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. (ISRO)
_292677ac-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

According to ISRO, the total weight of the 30 satellites is 243 kg, while the all the 31 satellites including Cartosat weighs about 955 kg. The PSLV-C38 rocket injected all the satellites into a 505 km polar sun sunchronous orbit (SSO). (ISRO)

_18219a2c-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

The satellites include Earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 series weighing 712 kg, 29 foreign and one Indian satellite. The XL variant of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) rocket lifted all the satellites. (ISRO)
_1938acfc-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

The 29 international customer nano satellites were launched as part of the commercial arrangements between ISRO’s commericial arm, the Antrix Corporation Ltd and the international customers. (ISRO)
_1d5930a4-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

The co-passenger satellites comprise 29 nano satellites belonging to 14 countries - Austria, Belgium, Britain, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, and the US and one Indian nano satellite. (ISRO)
_1e7ace7a-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, in its 40th flight (PSLV-C38), launched the 712 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite for earth observation and 30 co-passenger satellites.
_1f8c608a-57d3-11e7-8fa7-9af4fbfb1c71.jpg

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/indigenous-satellite-developed-by-tamil-nadu-students-part-of-pslv-c38-launch/story-twbEoztqY5fh9LDSElXpfM.html

ISRO’s PSLV-C38 mission
will be special for Tamil Nadu as it carries a satellite indigenously developed by students of a university in Kanyakumari district.

NIUSAT satellite, developed by Noorul Islam University in Kanyakumari district, is riding piggyback with 29 other satellites of various countries in the 40th mission of PSLV, lifted off at 9.29 AM from Sriharikota on Friday.

The satellite is built to provide multi-spectral imagery for agricultural crop monitoring and disaster management support applications, the ISRO said in a release.

Following the launch, a dedicated mission control centre with UHF/VHF antenna for Telemetry/Telecommand operations and S-Band antenna for Payload data reception has been set up at the university.

Noorul Islam University’s Director (Academic Affairs) A Shajin Nargunam told PTI that the concept was developed following the December 2004 tsunami which struck Tamil Nadu, wrecking havoc mostly in the coastal areas.

“We were thinking of how can we monitor the coastal region after the tsunami struck in 2004. You know it caused a lot of devastation. After several rounds of discussions, we concluded that we must continuously monitor the coastal mechanism,” the official, who did not wish to be named, told PTI.

The project formally kicked off in February 2012, he said adding it took the University five years to complete it.

“The total cost, I believe, is around Rs 20 crore. We have all the necessary infrastructure and the investment includes the master control facility which we have set up in the University itself. After the satellite reaches the intended orbit, we will take control from the facility,” he said.

To a query, he said as many as 102 students and faculty were involved in developing the satellite.

Back
Top Bottom