What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Would be an amazing achievement once its done!!

I don't get it!!! What are the two setbacks mentioned in the heading? One is the recent GSLV mk2 failure but another one? :confused:

I don't get it!!! What are the two setbacks mentioned in the heading? One is the recent GSLV mk2 failure but another one? :confused:
I think the PSLV launch was supposed to take place in May. That postponement is being referred to as a setback

so there's no more setback? according to the article..this launch is not the same gslv that fell into the sea.

I think the PSLV launch was supposed to take place in May. That postponement is being referred to as a setback

Postponement of a launch doesn't make it a setback. Its very usual in space launches. K. Raghu is a respected journo, didn't expect such mistake from him.

India Hopes To Launch Chandrayaan-2 By 2013

chandrayaan-2-chart-lg.jpg

The Chandrayaan-2 is the second unmanned lunar exploration mission that ISRO is pursuing.

by Staff Writers Kolkata, India (PTI) Jul 01, 2010

The Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K Radhakrishnan has said India is preparing to launch its second moon mission 'Chandrayaan-2' by 2013.

"The Chandrayaan-2 we are planning to have in the year 2013 and by that time we should have our GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) flying with the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine Stage that's the target with which we are working," Radhakrishnan told reporters here.

Radhakrishnan said some snags have been identified in flight-testing of the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine, which is being analysed.

He said this would be sorted out in about a year.

"A flight testing of the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine Stage, in April, and as you know we had some snags there. We went through a very detailed analysis as to what happens and why it happens and we have come to a couple of scenarios in which such a snag would have occurred and our immediate task is to confirm that through testing on the ground and then prepare for the next flight testing. This should happen in year from now," he added.

The Chandrayaan-2 is the second unmanned lunar exploration mission that ISRO is pursuing.

Its a PSLV launch yaar nothing can go wrong ....unless aliens from mars shoot their ABM at it .....just a joke

Back
Top Bottom