What's new

Indian SLBM with 4,500 KM Range Under Development

The test of this missile will simply put a stamp on India that yes we are now a very big power. Dont mess with us.

Dolphins and whales in IOR should be feeling safe from Japanese slaughtering ships now?

Just kidding, so which platform will be used indian or Russian leased one?

Dolphins and whales in IOR should be feeling safe from Japanese slaughtering ships now?

Just kidding, so which platform will be used indian or Russian leased one?

INS Arihant, since MTCR is applicable to Russian leased one.

I don't think that is accurate mate. Why would the leased Charlie Class (a SSGN) be designated S-1 by the IN?

The article said the S suffix is given to nuke subs and chakra 1 was our first one although leased. Might be misreported.

The 4th, and last, Arihant class SSBN following the S-1 (Arihant), S-2 (under construction) and S-3.

Arihant is S 2

In a related development, the DRDO’s Kochi-based Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) has released the first definitive illustration of the next-generation S-5 SSBN, which externally bears a close resemblance to the Project 667BDRM Delta IV SSBN. The illustration, carried on a brochure of the NPOL-developed submarine sonar suite (SSS I-12), which is still under development for the S-5, which will carry twelve 6,500km-range SLBMs. Thus far, India’s MoD has sanctioned the fabrication of only three SSBNs: S-2 (Arihant), S-3 and S-4. Financial sanction for fabricating the S-5’s hull has yet to be obtained. The double-hulled Project 667BDRM Delta IV SSBN has an operational diving depth of 320 metres and a maximum depth of 400 metres. The propulsion system allows speeds of 24 Knots (44kph) submerged while using two VM-4 pressurised water reactors rated at 180mW that drive two GT3A-365 turbines each rated at 27.5mW.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc..._iNTe3batpkkxWet3wRTg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

It's all a bit confusing because I can find plenty of quotes to the contrary:

Media reports also indicate that the work on second indigenous nuclear submarine named INS Aridhaman is in full swing and work on the third submarine, S3, will start soon.

Indian Navy’s Capability Perspective - SP's Naval Forces

India has decided to construct more nuclear powered Arihant class submarines and at least three more submarines of this class are under construction (dubbed S-2, S-3 and S-4), as of January 2012

Arihant class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ sir, S-5 is not part of the Arihant class as stated in the article it is India's "next-gen" SSBN class following on from the ARIHANT class (S-1,2,3,4) that will be bigger and more capable

TRISHUL: Games being Played Along India’s Eastern Seaboard

first time heard this version :woot:

I think we already have our laser tech based on the name Kali.. so..

Kalam would make more sense, since he is widely regarded as our own missile man

first time heard this version :woot:

I think we already have our laser tech based on the name Kali.. so..

Kalam would make more sense, since he is widely regarded as our own missile man

BTW: what laser tech? weapons???

Back
Top Bottom