What's new

Indian Railways exports these beautiful coaches!

Chanakya's_Chant

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Railways exports these beautiful coaches!

27rail8.jpg

27rail7.jpg

27rail3.jpg

27rail9.jpg

27rail6.jpg

27rail5.jpg

27rail2.jpg

27rail4.jpg

Established in 1986, Rail Coach Factory (RCF), a manufacturing unit of Indian Railways has manufactured around 16,000 passenger coaches of 51 different types including self propelled passenger vehicles which constitute over 35% of the total coaches in the Indian Railways.

RCF is equipped with CAD centre to design and manufacture bogies, (both with stainless steel and corten steel).

RCF has also manufactured coaches for both Rajdhani Express and Shatabdi Express. RCF exports coaches manufactured at its plant in Kapurthala. These coaches will be exported to Senegal.

Indian Railways exports these beautiful coaches! - Rediff.com Business

RCF gets biggest export order from Bangladesh

RCF, Kapurthala has also has also bagged an order of 120 LHB coaches from Bangladesh, which is largest export order of coaches the Indian Railways has received. The order comprises 19 power car, 17 First AC chair car, 17 Second AC chair car and 67 non-AC coaches. Forty coaches each will be supplied in three years.Meanwhile, RCF will manufacture 90 AC 3-tier coaches for defence forces and these will be supplied in batch of 30 each in three years. This is the highest order from the defence sector till now.

India to Supply Bangladesh Railways with 120 LHB Coaches in Indian Railways' Biggest Export Order

4.png

Indian Railway's LHB Coaches

Im sorry I dont see it. By Indian standards these may be luxurious but by east asian or western standards they are well below average. In fact if you tried running coaches like these in any western or east asian countries the complaints would have them removed and recycled in days.
I sometimes worry that my fellow indians see only what they want to see.

The word used in the OP is beautiful, not luxurious. I think there is a marked difference between the meanings of two. And yes i agree that they are not luxurious but they are definitely beautiful and comfortable.

Its better to be optimistic by observing the slightest improvement than being sad by thinking what could have been done or what is lost or what are we in comparison to others.

Last edited:
Indian coaches need improvements as these are old designs. But i guess still the idea behind having them running is due to large population which is being catered by these railways.

Back
Top Bottom