What's new

Indian power system becomes largest operating synchronous grid in the world

Source Please! :coffee: - Back such clams with credible sources or else it will only end up in a troll war on this thread!

There is no 'source'. The newspapers will never tell you this because it hurts India's pride. The engineer I mentioned is a friend of mine who works for Reliance Power.

Here is what he told me:

More than two years ago, Anil Ambani asked for a syndicated loan from China because he was having trouble repaying international creditors.

In order to get the Chinese loan, Anil Ambani had to agree to hire Chinese expertise and buy Chinese equipment for several large power projects. This synchronous grid is one of the projects Anil had agreed to let the Chinese do.

My engineer friend also told me that Reliance Power didn't have the expertise for this project. Reliance had originally wanted to hire Germany's Siemens as a consultant, but because of the Chinese loan conditions, Siemens was replaced by a Chinese company from Shanghai.

Sad to say, I've learned from one of the engineers on this project that almost all equipments that made this possible was imported from China. In fact, a team of more than 70 Chinese engineers were contracted to design and implement this system. India's actual input is very much confined to providing laborers.
Nonsense.
BHEL completes transmission link six months ahead of schedule - The Hindu

In a major milestone that will give a big boost to the Southern Grid and availability of power in the Southern region, state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on Monday announced that it had successfully synchronised and commissioning the 765/400kV substation at Raichur in Karnataka, a part of the transmission link of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) built Southern end of the 765 kV Raichur-Sholapur link.

With the commissioning of the 765kV Raichur-Sholapur transmission link, the Southern Grid has been now harmonised with the North-East-West Grid thus fulfilling the ambition of one nation one grid one frequency. BHEL constructed project includes design, engineering, manufacturing, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the 765/400 kV sub-station package at Raichur.

The completion of the project will now allow import of electricity from other regions to the Southern region during peak demand as well as export of surplus power from the Southern region during off-peak demand. ``BHEL is proud to have been associated with the execution of this historic transmission link. BHEL has always been committed to the nation’s power transmission programme and this achievement reaffirms its commitment to the growth of the transmission sector,’’ a BHEL spokesperson said in a statement in New Delhi.

BHEL has a rich experience of more than four decades of setting up substations/switchyards on turnkey basis and has executed numerous transmission projects all across the globe. For controlling power flow in 400 kV transmission systems, BHEL has indigenously developed and supplied phase shifting transformer. BHEL is currently associated in the execution of the world’s largest 800 kV, 6000 MW Ultra High-Voltage Multi-terminal DC transmission link between North East and Agra.

Nonsense.
BHEL completes transmission link six months ahead of schedule - The Hindu

In a major milestone that will give a big boost to the Southern Grid and availability of power in the Southern region, state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on Monday announced that it had successfully synchronised and commissioning the 765/400kV substation at Raichur in Karnataka, a part of the transmission link of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) built Southern end of the 765 kV Raichur-Sholapur link.

With the commissioning of the 765kV Raichur-Sholapur transmission link, the Southern Grid has been now harmonised with the North-East-West Grid thus fulfilling the ambition of one nation one grid one frequency. BHEL constructed project includes design, engineering, manufacturing, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the 765/400 kV sub-station package at Raichur.

The completion of the project will now allow import of electricity from other regions to the Southern region during peak demand as well as export of surplus power from the Southern region during off-peak demand. ``BHEL is proud to have been associated with the execution of this historic transmission link. BHEL has always been committed to the nation’s power transmission programme and this achievement reaffirms its commitment to the growth of the transmission sector,’’ a BHEL spokesperson said in a statement in New Delhi.

BHEL has a rich experience of more than four decades of setting up substations/switchyards on turnkey basis and has executed numerous transmission projects all across the globe. For controlling power flow in 400 kV transmission systems, BHEL has indigenously developed and supplied phase shifting transformer. BHEL is currently associated in the execution of the world’s largest 800 kV, 6000 MW Ultra High-Voltage Multi-terminal DC transmission link between North East and Agra.

BHEL is lying and taking credit because the Congress Party wants to cover up its corruption. This is very typical. BHEL claims credit for a lot of projects it doesn't actually work on. Here is how the corrupt tendering system works:

Congress Party invites secret bids on projects from private companies and asks for kickbacks, which are usually a percentage of the project costs. The company that offers the highest kickbacks gets the project. Congress Party then pretends to pass the project to BHEL for execution, but in reality, the project is handled by the private company that won the secret bid. This way, it's easy to evade auditors and prying eyes. One set of records is kept by BHEL, which is fake and full of fake transactions. The auditors and the public will only see this fake record book.

The real record book of kickbacks and costs are kept by the private company and by Congress Party insiders. No one knows this record book exists because everybody thinks it was BHEL that won the contract.

BHEL and many state-owned infrastructure companies have very little expertise. They only serve as a front for Congress Party to launder money. BHEL is run by Congress Party appointees and insiders.

I'm saddened to say that this kind of corrupt practice is routine for infrastructure projects. This is why so many projects have cost overruns. This is why Congress party has so much black money in Swiss banks.

Last edited:
BHEL is lying and taking credit because the Congress Party wants to cover its tracks. This is very typical. BHEL claims credit for a lot of projects it doesn't actually work on. Here is how the corrupt tendering system works:

Congress Party invites secret bids on projects from private companies and asks for kickbacks, which are usually a percentage of the project costs. The company that offers the highest kickbacks gets the project. Congress Party then pretends to pass the project to BHEL for execution, but in reality, the project is handled by the private company that won the bid. This way, it's easy to evade audits and prying eyes. One set of records is kept by BHEL, which is fake and full of fake transactions. The auditors and the public will only see this fake record book.

The real record book of kickbacks and costs are kept by the private company and by the Congress Party insiders. No one knows this record book exists because everybody thinks it was BHEL that won the contract.

BHEL and many state-owned infrastructure companies have very little expertise. They only serve as a front for Congress Party to launder money. BHEL is run by Congress Party appointees and insiders.

I'm saddened to say that this kind of skullduggery is routine for infrastructure projects. This is why so many projects have cost overruns.
You mean BHEL won the contract and paid money to Chinese and installed their equipment without profiting and paying kickbacks? :disagree:
Have ever faced an audit? Not that people didn't fudge them, but its impossible to keep fudging for ever.
BHEL being a listed company has to submit audited financial reports. It is under the preview of CAG.

I'm finding it hard to believe your engineer friend.

You mean BHEL won the contract and paid money to Chinese and installed their equipment without profiting and paying kickbacks? :disagree:
Have ever faced an audit? Not that people didn't fudge them, but its impossible to keep fudging for ever.
BHEL being a listed company has to submit audited financial reports. It is under the preview of CAG.

I'm finding it hard to believe your engineer friend.

No, here is what I meant:

Reliance Power won the 'secret' bid for the contract because it promised the most kickbacks to Congress party. In order to protect all the corrupt participants, Congress party then pretended to hand the project to BHEL, but actual work is performed by Reliance. You have to remember, BHEL is controlled by Congress party.

BHEL made up false transaction records to show to the auditors. Here is how BHEL faked the transaction records. First, BHEL copied Reliance's transaction records entry by entry. Then, BHEL increased the amount of each transaction by a certain percentage. Then, BHEL billed the GOI for the inflated amounts. The difference between the true amounts and the inflated amounts was then deposited into a Swiss bank account.

Auditors were kept in the dark because they thought BHEL was the contractor, and so they only review BHEL's fake records. Reliance Power was completely under the radar, unseen by the auditors.

So this is how Congress party evades auditors. This has been done for many years and for many projects. Because the risk of being caught is very low, Congress party had grown more and more greedy. This is why more and more projects have cost 'overruns' because Congress party is taking bigger and bigger kickbacks.

In other words, BHEL is a money laundering operation for the Congress party. Don't be fooled, my friend.

Last edited:
There is no 'source'. The newspapers will never tell you this because it hurts India's pride. The engineer I mentioned is a friend of mine who works for Reliance Power.

Here is what he told me:

More than two years ago, Anil Ambani asked for a syndicated loan from China because he was having trouble repaying international creditors.

In order to get the Chinese loan, Anil Ambani had to agree to hire Chinese expertise and buy Chinese equipment for several large power projects. This synchronous grid is one of the projects Anil had agreed to let the Chinese do.

My engineer friend also told me that Reliance Power didn't have the expertise for this project. Reliance had originally wanted to hire Germany's Siemens as a consultant, but because of the Chinese loan conditions, Siemens was replaced by a Chinese company from Shanghai.

Don't talk nonsense here - If you cant find one that doesn't mean its all the India Media's Fault - that may be the case with China's state controlled media which it is but certainly not with India! The case you are pointing has already been well reported when the deal was inked way back in 2010 -

RPower places $8.29-bn order with Shanghai Electric - Economic Times
RPower to purchase power equipment products from Shanghai Electric - The Hindu

BHEL was contracted for Raichur-Solapur 765 KV transmission line not Reliance Power - Your arguments are valid but have literally nothing to do with this news!

Yes certainly I cant deny the fact that China has an edge over India in electrical equipment market but as matter of fact it is declining -

> Imports had captured 38.26% of the market for electrical equipment in India
> Imports from China constitute 45 per cent of that 38.26%
> overall imports of electrical equipment have shown a negative growth
> Indian industry exported $ 4.9 billion (about Rs 31,000 crore) worth of electrical equipment
> The quality of domestically manufactured products has improved in the recent times. These products have seen a wider acceptance in international markets, especially in Africa and West Asian countries particularly US, Germany, Britain, Australia and Canada, apart from the UAE, Saudi Arab, Nigeria and Kenya.
> Indian electrical equipment makers appear to have change their priority over the years as the exports are far more lucrative than battling it out with Chinese imports and the debt-saddled State electricity boards across the country.

Source(s) and Reference(s) :- Local orders pick up in electrical equipment sector - The Smart Investor
6% growth for electrical equipment industry in H1 of FY14 - Economic Times
IEEMA draws global roadmap for Indian electrical industry | Minerals & Metals Review
Export Import News: Focus on export of 'made-in-India' electrical products: IEEMA
Domestic electrical industry sees red over cheap Chinese imports | Business Line

No, here is what I meant:

Reliance Power won the 'secret' bid for the contract because it promised the most kickbacks to Congress party. In order to protect all the corrupt participants, Congress party then pretended to hand the project to BHEL, but actual work is performed by Reliance. You have to remember, BHEL is controlled by Congress party and had little expertise to perform the project.BHEL made up fake records of transactions and costs and make them available to auditors to show that everything is 'normal', and Reliance made kickbacks to Congress party's swiss accounts.

Auditors were kept in the dark because they thought BHEL was the contractor, and so they only review BHEL's records, which are completely fake.

You see, this is how Congress party evades auditors. This has been done for many years and for many projects. Because the risk of being caught is very low, Congress party had grown more and more greedy. This is why more and more projects have cost 'overruns' because Congress party is taking bigger and bigger kickbacks.

In other words, BHEL is a money laundering operation for the Congress party. Don't be fooled, my friend.

Total Bull Shit - For the very same reason we have Independent Audits by the CAG and here is the latest report - What you claim is totally impossible - You may take up any scam in Congress's tenure they all have been reported by the CAG - only for that purpose only, CAG is there no matter which government is in power! -

BHEL: Auditor's Report of BHEL - NDTVProfit.com

The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India is an authority, established by the Constitution of India under Chapter V, who audits allreceipts and expenditure of the Government of India and the state governments, including those of bodies and authorities substantially financed by the government. The CAG is also the external auditor of government-owned companies. The reports of the CAG are taken into consideration by the Public Accounts Committees, which are special committees in the Parliament of India and the state legislatures. The CAG is also the head of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service, which has over 58,000 employees across the country.

The CAG is mentioned in the Constitution of India under Article 148 – 151.

The CAG is ranked 9th and enjoys the same status as a judge of Supreme Court of India in Indian order of precedence. The current CAG of India isShashi Kant Sharma,[3] who was appointed on 23 May 2013. He is the 12th CAG of India.

Source:- Comptroller and Auditor General of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BHEL's accounts are audited every year! What you talk of is totally irrelevant and just a piece of crap!!

Last edited:
Don't talk nonsense here - If you cant find one that doesn't mean its all the India Media's Fault - that may be the case with China's state controlled media which it is but certainly not with India! The case you are pointing has already been well reported when the deal was inked way back in 2010 -

RPower places $8.29-bn order with Shanghai Electric - Economic Times
RPower to purchase power equipment products from Shanghai Electric - The Hindu

BHEL was contracted for Raichur-Solapur 765 KV transmission line not Reliance Power - Your arguments are valid but have literally nothing to do with this news!

Yes certainly I cant deny the fact that China has an edge over India in electrical equipment market but as matter of fact it is declining -

> Imports had captured 38.26% of the market for electrical equipment in India
> Imports from China constitute 45 per cent of that 38.26%
> overall imports of electrical equipment have shown a negative growth
> Indian industry exported $ 4.9 billion (about Rs 31,000 crore) worth of electrical equipment
> The quality of domestically manufactured products has improved in the recent times. These products have seen a wider acceptance in international markets, especially in Africa and West Asian countries particularly US, Germany, Britain, Australia and Canada, apart from the UAE, Saudi Arab, Nigeria and Kenya.
> Indian electrical equipment makers appear to have change their priority over the years as the exports are far more lucrative than battling it out with Chinese imports and the debt-saddled State electricity boards across the country.

Source(s) and Reference(s) :- Local orders pick up in electrical equipment sector - The Smart Investor
6% growth for electrical equipment industry in H1 of FY14 - Economic Times
IEEMA draws global roadmap for Indian electrical industry | Minerals & Metals Review
Export Import News: Focus on export of 'made-in-India' electrical products: IEEMA
Domestic electrical industry sees red over cheap Chinese imports | Business Line

Total Bull Shit - For the very same reason we have Independent Audits by the CAG and here is the latest report - What you claim is totally impossible - You may take up any scam in Congress's tenure they all have been reported by the CAG only for the CAG is there for that purpose only no matter which government is in power! -

BHEL: Auditor's Report of BHEL - NDTVProfit.com

Source:- Comptroller and Auditor General of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BHEL's accounts are audited every year! What you talk of is totally irrelevant and just a piece of crap!!

Of course BHEL's accounts are audited every year! I never denied that, but BHEL's records were FAKED to fool the auditors, and the auditors were fooled.

Ah so they managed to fool the CAG. But not you?

Wah, those CAG auditors must be as incompetent as it gets.

Actually, they might just be incompetent. Given that the size of Swiss bank accounts, you'd think the CAG would have found many more irregularities over the years, but it didn't. Or maybe the CAG is itself corrupt. I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually, they might just be incompetent. Given that the size of Swiss bank accounts, you'd think the CAG would have found many more irregularities over the years, but it didn't. Or maybe the CAG is itself corrupt. I wouldn't be surprised.
facepalm2.jpg

do u even know the full form of CAG and what it takes to become one??im sure u dont even know that the major scams which were reported in the recent past were found out by the CAG. COMPTROLLER AND AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA is a constitutional post..im sure u dont even know what is a constitutional post and what is a legal post...leave it..in any case combining grids is not any rocket science.. .i'm sorry we even make rockets right!!we have ample expertise to do it.if we want any we have better sources than the chinese..a secret bidding means grave to the govt..opposition and media will suck the life out of ministers.

stop bull shiting

Actually, they might just be incompetent. Given that the size of Swiss bank accounts, you'd think the CAG would have found many more irregularities over the years, but it didn't.
facepalm2.jpg

do u even know the full form of CAG and what it takes to become one??im sure u dont even know that the major scams which were reported in the recent past were found out by the CAG. COMPTROLLER AND AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA is a constitutional post..im sure u dont even know what is a constitutional post and what is a legal post...leave it..in any case combining grids is not any rocket science.. .i'm sorry we even make rockets right!!we have ample expertise to do it.if we want any we have better sources than the chinese..a secret bidding means grave to the govt..opposition and media will suck the life out of ministers.

stop bull shiting

Now come to think of it, how is it possible that one branch/dept. of the GOI can be so corruption and incompetence free? CAG's integrity must be a fairytale, when the rest of the bloody government is so incompetent and corrupt.

Now come to think of it, how is it possible that one branch/dept. of the GOI can be so corruption and incompetence free? CAG's integrity must be a fairytale, when the rest of the bloody government is so incompetent and corrupt.
read what is a constitutional body,the appointment of CAG,removal,powers,duties,accomplishments of CAG u'll get the answer.this is not the thread to teach u polity.if u dont have any credible claims its better to keep quiet in an international forum rather than blabbering b.s.

read what is a constitutional body,the appointment of CAG,removal,powers,duties,accomplishments of CAG u'll get the answer.this is not the thread to teach u polity.if u dont have any credible claims its better to keep quiet in an international forum rather than blabbering b.s.

The Indian parliament too is a constitutional body, and yet it's populated by so many corrupt cronies. What makes CAG so special and so corruption proof when the rest of GOI is awash in cronyism?

I think you have simply bought into government propaganda. All branches and all departments of GOI are corrupt. Corruption is the Indian way of life, and it permeates everything without exception.

A competent, clean CAG is a myth, a product of your naivety and wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom