What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I agree with you,there is a concentrated effort to create a perception that Modi will turn India into a Hindu Theocracy
Also got the columnist job at 'The Frustrated Indian'.Time to create change & do something :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congrats. I have a like for that page on FB

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After completing Navratra fasting, PM Modi to address eight election rallies in Bihar from Oct 25-27. BJP says crowds comparable to Guj</p>&mdash; Shishir Gupta (@sisir_gupta) <a href=" ">October 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Congrats. I have a like for that page on FB

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After completing Navratra fasting, PM Modi to address eight election rallies in Bihar from Oct 25-27. BJP says crowds comparable to Guj</p>&mdash; Shishir Gupta (@sisir_gupta) <a href=" ">October 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The man :smitten:

He will never become PM , too many skeletons in his closet. Unfortunately the Indian system is set up to corrupt everyone even those who want to be honest.
Not just the Indian system but a lot of political systems across the world certainly in the US and UK, I can't speak for any others but I'm sure there are many more.

elronds-facepalm.jpg

I hope they don't go down that road , not without a total political concensus cutting across all parties , else its highly risky

JP had excelent views on this

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "In US, UK, Canada, Germany, France & other democracies too government is the biggest litigant! But judges are not appointed by judges! 2/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "The sophistry employed to support unconstitutional elitism is unacceptable. We must clean up politics; we cannot revile & reject it. 3/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "Independence of judiciary does not mean judges are independent of Constitution! All true democracies have independent judiciary. 1/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "In all democracies judges are appointed by government &legislature with participation of lay citizens. Judges have no divine rights! 2/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "By SC's logic, EC, CAG, UPSC, CVC,Lokpal,CBI - all must appoint their own successors to preserve their independence! Why democracy then? 3/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "We all love to hate politicians. But the answer to dirty politics is not divine institutions; it lies in political reform. 4/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "Parties abuse & oppose each other recklessly. That gave rise to a culture of revulsion of politics. This climate led to SC verdict.5/5 #NJAC"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "22 year old collegium system cannot subvert 65 year-old Constitution in letter and spirit. Parliament must now rise above petty politics.1/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "War is too important to be left to generals alone. Likewise, judicial appointments are too important to be left to judges alone. 2/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "As Ambedkar said, if our Constitution fails, it is not because it is a bad Constitution; but because our functionaries have failed it. 3/3"
Yet ANOTHER side show that will distract the Parliament and Govt from conducting the reforms India badly needs.

What next SC will dissolve parliament and CJI will rule India directly

What next SC will dissolve parliament and CJI will rule India directly

I hope they don't go down that road , not without a total political concensus cutting across all parties , else its highly risky

JP had excelent views on this

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "In US, UK, Canada, Germany, France & other democracies too government is the biggest litigant! But judges are not appointed by judges! 2/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "The sophistry employed to support unconstitutional elitism is unacceptable. We must clean up politics; we cannot revile & reject it. 3/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "Independence of judiciary does not mean judges are independent of Constitution! All true democracies have independent judiciary. 1/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "In all democracies judges are appointed by government &legislature with participation of lay citizens. Judges have no divine rights! 2/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "By SC's logic, EC, CAG, UPSC, CVC,Lokpal,CBI - all must appoint their own successors to preserve their independence! Why democracy then? 3/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "We all love to hate politicians. But the answer to dirty politics is not divine institutions; it lies in political reform. 4/5"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "Parties abuse & oppose each other recklessly. That gave rise to a culture of revulsion of politics. This climate led to SC verdict.5/5 #NJAC"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "22 year old collegium system cannot subvert 65 year-old Constitution in letter and spirit. Parliament must now rise above petty politics.1/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "War is too important to be left to generals alone. Likewise, judicial appointments are too important to be left to judges alone. 2/3"

Jayaprakash Narayan op Twitter: "As Ambedkar said, if our Constitution fails, it is not because it is a bad Constitution; but because our functionaries have failed it. 3/3"
SC is really looking for a confrontation... & considering the prevailing situation, they know Govt is under lot pressure & they are in a position of advantage. Media, press & opposition will gang up against the govt.

Last edited:
Death and threat calls to hindus is no news for secular media.
True... I have noticed tweeple repeatedly tagging usual suspects with links to these non secular murders. But no one has the guts or courtesy to respond to this. They all gone deaf & dumb to these incidents.

Back
Top Bottom