What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Right before Delhi elections to rift between Delhi BJP leaders was out in open. Same is happening in General Elections. This can backfire, as it's negative publicity for BJP. Ashutosh was greeted with eggs in his constituency, but media channels didn't highlight it. However, media is going to make it headlines. Why can't we stay united, when things are in our favour. :angry:
That's the problem with Hindus.Muslims are all united against modi and BJP while we can never unite against or for anybody ,can only fight amongst ourselves . If BJP loses we have no one to blame but us:hitwall:

Some one took Holi seriously and used on political leaders it seems by throwing eggs ...... :lol:

What good work can you please elaborate? Remember announcing subsidies is the easiest thing a political party can do.

What the AAP government achieved in 49 days - The Economic Times

What the AAP government achieved in 49 days
By IANS | 14 Feb, 2014, 09.41PM IST

what-the-aap-government-achieved-in-49-days.jpg

The curtains came down on Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi Friday after it failed to table the Jan Lokpal bill in the assembly.

NEW DELHI: The curtains came down on Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi Friday after it failed to table the Jan Lokpal bill in the assembly, ending 49 days of rule. The following are the achievements of the short-lived government:

Free supply of 667 litres of water daily for households with metered connections.

Fifty percent subsidy in electricity bills for households which consume up to 400 units of power a month.

No red or blue beacons on official cars, bringing an end to 'VIP culture'

All government schools surveyed for infrastructure deficiency and given Rs.1 lakh each for immediate repairs.

Some 24,000 people exempted from paying 50 percent of their power bills during the period they took part in an AAP campaign against inflated electricity bills.

Launched anti-corruption and nursery admission helplines.

New permits given to 5,500 autos.

Ordered audit of Delhi's three power distribution companies.

Probe by a Special Investigation Team into the 1984 anti- Sikh riots

Setting up of 58 temporary shelters for the homeless

Registered first information reports (FIR) against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in irregularities in the preparations for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, former minister Murli Deora and Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani for allegedly colluding to inflate natural gas prices and raising power bills.

Finally, it was the opposition not allowing the tabling of the Jan Lokpal bill, one of the AAP's major poll promises, in the Delhi assembly Friday that led to Kejriwal quitting the position he had assumed Dec 28, 2013.

What the AAP government achieved in 49 days - The Economic Times

What the AAP government achieved in 49 days
By IANS | 14 Feb, 2014, 09.41PM IST

what-the-aap-government-achieved-in-49-days.jpg

The curtains came down on Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi Friday after it failed to table the Jan Lokpal bill in the assembly.

NEW DELHI: The curtains came down on Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi Friday after it failed to table the Jan Lokpal bill in the assembly, ending 49 days of rule. The following are the achievements of the short-lived government:

Free supply of 667 litres of water daily for households with metered connections.

Fifty percent subsidy in electricity bills for households which consume up to 400 units of power a month.

No red or blue beacons on official cars, bringing an end to 'VIP culture'

All government schools surveyed for infrastructure deficiency and given Rs.1 lakh each for immediate repairs.

Some 24,000 people exempted from paying 50 percent of their power bills during the period they took part in an AAP campaign against inflated electricity bills.

Launched anti-corruption and nursery admission helplines.

New permits given to 5,500 autos.

Probe by a Special Investigation Team into the 1984 anti- Sikh riots

Setting up of 58 temporary shelters for the homeless

Registered first information reports (FIR) against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in irregularities in the preparations for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, former minister Murli Deora and Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani for allegedly colluding to inflate natural gas prices and raising power bills.

Finally, it was the opposition not allowing the tabling of the Jan Lokpal bill, one of the AAP's major poll promises, in the Delhi assembly Friday that led to Kejriwal quitting the position he had assumed Dec 28, 2013.

Mate, I don't have problem with you supporting AAP, but are you so blind in the support that you are simply quoting what exactly the AAP party said while resigning???

Opposition party din't oppose tabling of Lokpal bill rather than the unconstitutional conduct on part of AAP, not just Congress & BJP, even JDU & Independents (who were supporting AAP) voted against it. Don't you think they were just looking for a escape route??

As for what they did in 49 days, no govt. can be judge in just 49 days, since it's too less a time & giving freebies is the EASIEST thing one can do, it's financial effects are seen afterwards.

Looking forward for your logical response.

Thanks

means????

AK got the mandate for 5 years with Congress' support.

He just wanted an escape route.

He was resorting to unconstitutional means which was completely wrong on his part.

The constitution clearly says that if he wanted to pass the Lokpal bill he just had to get the assent from LG, instead he directly tabled the bill in the assembly, which was clearly wrong.

Why did he did that?? b'coz he wanted a route which can make him a SHAHEED in public eye.

If he really wanted good of public he would have sticked to delhi & don't look out for escape route.

& can you tell me what work he did in 49 days that was exceptionally good??

Oh I forgot, he openly said that we have cancelled the electricity bills of the people who supported AAP, & let assume I, who is a good Indian citizen, but vote for BJP will be treated as second class citizen since i din't supported him?? Is it DEMOCRACY???

Mandate was given to BJP(Being the single largest party) but it ran away from its responsibility and is still doing it and you are blaming AAP.

What was unconstitutional about Swaraj Bill?

Right so you wanted AAP government to continue toothless with paralysed decision-making and then you would be same person to blame AAP for not doing much as promised. AAP just showed that they are not here for power and position. And you and me very well know how MLA, MP's are traded just to come to power and cling to it.

For AAP's achievements please check my previous post.

He promised to give subsidy on the electricity bills of those who defaulted protesting against the system which he kept when he came to power. Didn't he give other subsidies and facilities to all residents of Delhi irrespective of who they voted for, So where were you treated a second class citizen? And what do you think, only 24,000 people voted for AAP hence so they were rewarded and treated as "first" class citizen.

Source: From AAP, a big reward for those who defaulted on electricity bills | NDTV.com

Mate, I don't have problem with you supporting AAP, but are you so blind in the support that you are simply quoting what exactly the AAP party said while resigning???

Opposition party din't oppose tabling of Lokpal bill rather than the unconstitutional conduct on part of AAP, not just Congress & BJP, even JDU & Independents (who were supporting AAP) voted against it. Don't you think they were just looking for a escape route??

As for what they did in 49 days, no govt. can be judge in just 49 days, since it's too less a time & giving freebies is the EASIEST thing one can do, it's financial effects are seen afterwards.

Looking forward for your logical response.

Thanks

I have to disagree with you over your statement that I am a blind follower of AAP. I reason things before accepting it and AAP is one of them. Didn't you notice how all parties at the slightest chance targeted AAP, so had AAP not introduced Lokpal bill, they would have been targeted again for not doing much.

I again ask what was AAP's unconstitutional conduct?

I haven't just posted about freebies but also other things done by AAP and yes 49 days are too less to judge but weren't people being judgemental and cynical about AAP's every move. But you can compare their work with other governments that were formed at the same time.

I have to disagree with you over your statement that I am a blind follower of AAP. I reason things before accepting it and AAP is one of them. Didn't you notice how all parties at the slightest chance targeted AAP, so had AAP not introduced Lokpal bill, they would have been targeted again for not doing much.

I again ask what was AAP's unconstitutional conduct?

I haven't just posted about freebies but also other things done by AAP and yes 49 days are too less to judge but weren't people being judgemental and cynical about AAP's every move. But you can compare their work with other governments that were formed at the same time.

Check for yourself, I think you trust atleast a constitutional expert & esp. The Hindu:

‘Delhi Lokpal Bill unconstitutional without Centre’s approval’ - The Hindu

He din't even send the bill to LG for approval & directly tabled it. & when asked why? he said LG would have never approved it (He knows everything in advance).

Back
Top Bottom