What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Beyond politics, I think Gorkhaland has very strategic implications for the security of NE since it abuts the all-important Siliguri corridor in the north (if my understanding of the geography of that area is correct).

Last time I read, Siliguri already has a huge presence of Bangladeshi illegals and as such, a communally sensitive area. I can't believe we haven't done anything to secure such a strategic piece of land.

Hence it becomes imperative to liberate Gorkhaland from the clutches of minority appeasing Bengali politicians that will go to any extent just for vote bank politics. That is hoping Gorkhaland politicians wouldn't be as bad.

Even if Swamy is onto something, it will take nerves of steel to radically change the status quo in J&K since it will make or break Kashmir's union with India. Last time, the Kashmiri islamists, propped up by their masters from other side of LoC, objected even for a permanent resting stop for Amarnath Yatris.

The Kashmiris have been dealt with kid-gloves for so long, so much that any attempt to change the status quo will invite trouble at a scale never seen before since partition. And it doesn't help that the country itself is full of JNU-type politicians that will resist every such attempt and make it impossible for any political party to sustan.

That's why I think we need to bide our time, firm up our internal defenses, make our economy stronger and work towards covert means to tire out and degenerate the Kashmiri opposition in a gradual but sustained manner.

Ajit Doval and Ram Madhav are working behind the scenes. before this did you ever see ED/CBI raids on hurriyat or NIA tightening the screws as far as Pakistani funding is concerned.

These things are happening that is why you see all liberals dancing like cats on hot tin roof

Ajit Doval and Ram Madhav are working behind the scenes. before this did you ever see ED/CBI raids on hurriyat or NIA tightening the screws as far as Pakistani funding is concerned.

These things are happening that is why you see all liberals dancing like cats on hot tin roof

Again, I hope it to be true, but it is too early to call since the rot is far deeper. If anything, they have just scratched the surface.

In any case, I am convinced that the only long term solution would be to permanently alter the demographics of the state - just like what Pakistanis did with the region under their control. And towards that, we have a long way to go starting with removal of all Rohingyas from J&K with immediate effect, resettling of Pandits (and many more) in the valley and elsewhere in the state.

We simply can't leave it to the good will of Islamists.

Again, I hope it to be true, but it is too early to call since the rot is far deeper. If anything, they have just scratched the surface.

In any case, I am convinced that the only long term solution would be to permanently alter the demographics of the state - just like what Pakistanis did with the region under their control. And towards that, we have a long way to go starting with removal of all Rohingyas from J&K with immediate effect, resettling of Pandits (and many more) in the valley and elsewhere in the state.

We simply can't leave it to the good will of Islamists.
Totally agree with you. Let the JNU types keep on shouting dont listen to them.

Good will and Islamists dont go together

Bolo Amit Shah Maharaj ki Jai

I have a feeling that in 2024 it could be Yogi Vs Amit Shah to become the PM. And I am not sure whom I would support

Amit shah is not a PM material dude he is great in Organization skills . In my view Fadnavis/Yogi/Smriti irani would be an ideal candidate for PM as these guys have the Charisma/Oratory Skills/Administration capability/Clean Image to be an ideal choice

Amit shah is not a PM material dude he is great in Organization skills . In my view Fadnavis/Yogi/Smriti irani would be an ideal candidate for PM as these guys have the Charisma/Oratory Skills/Administration capability/Clean Image to be an ideal choice

Amit Shah is like Chanakya.
He may not become PM but we all know where the true power would lie ;)

Let me ask you this question.
Who do you think the opposition is really scared of? Is it Modi? Or is it Shah?

We all know they are scared of Modi but I bet anything that the opposition is equally scared of Shah.
Shah reminds me of a blood hound that is on a hunt. It's either kill or be killed for this guy.

What Shah has done in Bihar with Nitish and the Mahaghatbhandan, the impact can only be gauged in 10 years from now. He has perhaps dealt the biggest blow to opposition chances in 2019 with this one move.

What happened to Rajni? Kamal Hassan is most probably going to join DMK. Either Rajnikant will join BJP or start his outfit and get in alliance with BJP. if AIADMK really joins NDA then Rajni should join BJP instead of starting his own outfit.

Kamal Hassan is still unsure about politics but he himself made it clear that he wont join DMK as this would definitely hurt his clean image considering the bad press DMK has in TN for 2G and all other scam they did. And regarding Rajinikanth people are not convinced that he will be a good administrator considering his lack of guts . He is talking about entering politics for the past 30 years but still no decision all this time . Also he will talk about political entry only when his movie releases to get some PR . At the end of the day he is a good businessmen and a coward so I don't think he is good for politics but not sure what Modi/Shah have in their mind and I really hope that it will not become a Kiran Bedi kind of disaster in TN

Amit Shah is like Chanakya.
He may not become PM but we all know where the true power would lie ;)

Let me ask you this question.
Who do you think the opposition is really scared of? Is it Modi? Or is it Shah?

We all know they are scared of Modi but I bet anything that the opposition is equally scared of Shah.
Shah reminds me of a blood hound that is on a hunt. It's either kill or be killed for this guy.

What Shah has done in Bihar with Nitish and the Mahaghatbhandan, the impact can only be gauged in 10 years from now. He has perhaps dealt the biggest blow to opposition chances in 2019 with this one move.

True no one is every doubting Shah's organizational skills he made the BJP government almost in all parts of the country which no other president have done .But we are talking about PM material here where someone should have proved himself in administration/Oratory skills /Mass Appeal which shah lacks but Fadnavis/Yogi/Smriti has which is why I am all for Shah to continue as president for another decade or even as a cabinet minster but not as PM

Last edited:

What the "eco system" hoped was for another Atal.
What they instead got is Gabbar Singh :D

Modi has started doing politics for one month and opposition is running scared. I seriously doubt they would survive until 2019 elections.
With his clean image & with the details IT and ED has corrupt poiliticians, Modi is going to destroy them one Secular at a time.

Run corrupt people, run..

What the "eco system" hoped was for another Atal.
What they instead got is Gabbar Singh :D

Modi has started doing politics for one month and opposition is running scared. I seriously doubt they would survive until 2019 elections.
With his clean image & with the details IT and ED has corrupt poiliticians, Modi is going to destroy them one Secular at a time.

Run corrupt people, run..
Saam Daam Dand Bhed - Amit Shah the modern day Chanakya

Rarely has a single Rajya Sabha seat been so fiercely contested. And rarely does the contest over a single seat in the upper house of Parliament demonstrate so much about Indian politics.

Ahmed Patel’s struggle for political survival in the face of the BJP onslaught and ambition to deprive him of a victory reveals the fragility of power; the expansionist urges of the ruling dispensation; the decay of the opposition; and the state of our institutions.

First, the only way to understand this contest is to go back to the 2004-14 period. Ahmed Patel, as the political secretary of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, almost ran India. He had a key role in appointing ministers, picking MPs, influencing top government appointments from heads of intelligence organisations to those holding constitutional offices. He had control over the party treasury, coordinated with allies, framed plans to weaken the opposition, and much more.

And that is why the fact that Patel today is fighting one of his most important battles – not to reclaim the power he once enjoyed, not to bring the glorious period of the Congress back
but to win his own seat – says something about how democracy has a way of humbling the powerful, of how power is fragile: it is a lesson even those at the peak of their power today would do well to heed.

But that was then. Why is Ahmed Patel being given a run for his money now?

There are four explanations.

The first goes back to the way Narendra Modi and Amit Shah do politics. Every election matters, winning every election matters, and the party’s sole focus has to be to acquire power, expand its strength and win as Shah memorably put it everything ‘from the Parliament to the Panchayat’. In the old days, there was a nudge nudge wink wink understanding between top leaders of parties- they would make concessions to enable political space, or at least a parliamentary seat, for each other. All those elite compacts are dead under Modi-Shah. Everything is up for grabs.

The second explanation is Amit Shah’s personal anger at what he perceives was the cynical role played by Patel in framing charges against him. Whether Shah was actually involved in giving a green signal for extra judicial executions in Gujarat as home minister is not relevant here. What is relevant is that in Shah’s head, he was hounded by Patel and the rest of the UPA regime — which even led to imprisonment and exile from Gujarat. This is the time for revenge.

The third explanation is that given the difficulties that the BJP faces in the Rajya Sabha, every seat matters. The only real obstacle to the BJP’s move from dominance to outright hegemony is the fact that it does not enjoy a majority in the Rajya Sabha. The UP win will improve its numbers gradually; the Bihar acquisition will strengthen its numbers; the elevation of a party loyalist, M Venkaiah Naidu, as Vice President and thus chair of the Rajya Sabha will help. But every seat matters, and the third seat from Gujarat will help too .
And finally, remember Gujarat is headed for elections. The BJP’s social coalition in the state had indeed fractured with the Patidar agitation. The party has had two CMs post Gujarat, and neither Anandiben Patel nor Vijay Rupani have been particularly impressive. But instead of Congress leveraging this, look at what’s happening.

A tall leader of the party, Shankersinh Vaghela, has already quit. MLAs have resigned. Others have had to run off to Karnataka. The party’s most powerful export to Delhi in recent times, Patel, is seen as struggling. Another defeat would have a debilitating impact on the party morale, among cadres, and send a signal to voters that the Congress was not a serious party at all.

And it is to achieve these objectives that the BJP has unleashed all its power – and institutions under its control – to ensure the defeat of Patel. It is difficult to believe that the I-T raids on the Karnataka minister hosting the Gujarat MLAs are a mere coincidence. The BJP can cynically turn around and say that the Congress misused institutions too.
This is true. It is also true one does not need to look hard to find those with unaccounted wealth in the Congress. But for now what is true is that the BJP has shown no desire to make institutions autonomous, away from political influences, and has sought to replicate the same practices. In its desire to acquire power, it has conveniently forgotten the distinction between using legitimate means and using instruments it has due to its position in power.

Irrespective of the final outcome in the Gujarat Rajya Sabha election, the victor is clear.

By putting a man who was once among the most powerful in India in a spot, by revealing his hunger and ambition yet again, by fracturing the Congress and exposing its vulnerabilities, and by sending a signal to the Gujarat electorate that there is only one party that is in the game, Amit Shah has already won this round.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analy...an-politics/story-Qg9cWRYDKeDacPAdBiskfK.html

Need of the hour is to cut ahmed patel to size cant believe this moron appointed even the intelligence chief and let the media morons and seculars cry modi should pay these guys in the same coin and destroy them completely

Seriously communal RSS people forcibly removing people who were swimming happily in flood waters.

Should learn from Seriously secular liberals who are currently relaxing in Bangalore 5 star hotel.

Again quite visual way in realising why votes turn up on the ground past all the agenda and frolicking of lutyens media in their AC, santized and isolated elite compounds.

Back
Top Bottom