What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

RSS-Backed Organisations May Soon Get Back Land That Was Cancelled By UPA

The UPA government had cancelled the allotment based on a one-man inquiry committee by Mr Yogesh Chandra, who had found violation of norms. The NDA government formed a two-member committee, which found the principle of natural justice not being followed.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/rss-...ack-land-that-was-cancelled-by-upa-1458792?fb

Look at possible poles of opposition. Arvind Kejriwal had emerged as a genuinely new political force. He still has a lot going for him.
Oh yes sure. Genuine thugs who think politics is a business and tax payers money their revenue.

The BJP has inflicted a constitutional travesty upon Delhi, supported by a poor judgment of the Delhi high court. He is a victim of a shameless Central government and could have garnered sympathy.
Evil BJP at it again.

Kejriwal has, for the most part not attacked the BJP’s ideological excesses, even as it laments its authoritarian tendencies. On many issues relating to Hindutva and nationalism it is not providing an alternative.
Not attacked? Is there still anyone who is not attacked by Kejriwal? Actually he is providing alternative, he is sucking up Christians and Muslims.

Rahul Gandhi has again decided to embark on old-fashioned campaigning in UP to showcase his commitment to India’s farmers. As a gesture of commitment, this is promising.
Very promising indeed.

All three poles have this in common: All are veering to the Left.
Oh yes right.

The virtues of the Gujarat model were highly exaggerated. But the point was that it did stake out claims to being a model. It should be a sign of worry that no one is remotely thinking of Karnataka (a major Congress-ruled state), Bihar, or Delhi as a model.
Author havn't seen Delhi model and its 18th century innovation, mohalla clinic (praised by USA, yes USA).

The Congress and Nitish Kumar may project an aura of electoral secularism
Have to agree, they are really sickular.

But the Congress, especially, still cannot get itself to take a principled stand on an institutional defence of individual freedom, whether it be on sedition law or freedom of expression. They are still unable to set the agenda for national debates. And none of them seem capable of the central task of politics — mediating between different social groups.
Soon Congress will make propagation of breaking India legal.

All it might get is an Opposition that seems not to want to rise to challenges; they are all making Modi look larger than he is.
Yes they are all making Modi look larger than he actually is, but soon pappu will overshadow him wait for it.

After Kejriwal one more person's tongue needs to be cut :sick:

You Can't Die Of Chikungunya, Google Says So: Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain

Resolute on his stand, Delhi's Health Minister, Satyender Jain, has reiterated that Chikungunya cannot cause deaths, and added that this is a fact that is available on Google, and not his opinion.

http://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/you-...health-minister-1458906?pfrom=home-topstories
Please make me health minister i can search on google too.

I wont write off NaMo in 2.5yrs.
After 10yrs if he couldn't achieve anything, then we are talking.
Yes its too early to say but if he don't deliver people will throw him out. But problem is that crap heads are demonizing him since even before he came into power. So they must have an agenda.

Yes its too early to say but if he don't deliver people will throw him out. But problem is that crap heads are demonizing him since even before he came into power. So they must have an agenda.
They demonized him for 12 years but still he defeated them

As of today I cant think of any leader who has potential to be the PM of the country other than NaMo

Paid people by the opposition.
GOP India is unable to bear the beating it got in 14" polls. reduced to worst ever figures in parl.
As far as choices are concerned, NaMo is the best and "only" option we have on date and in near future.
Yes, people are goats they need instant results.
Magic and India become developed country overnight.
Mindsets have to change first.

I understand that you are seeking attention to lock horns with me. But you do not seem to have enough ability to debate prudently it seems.

Mohalla clinic doing throat surgeries?

ROFOLWA

Now do not tag me hereafter....
Or else...
Welcome to my five star ignore club.
People like you are dime a dozen.
Comprende amigo?
Typical AAPtard behaviour after all ignorance is bliss. Your Mohalla clinic was presented as if it solves even cancer but Mr Khujliwal went to Bangalore forget about good hospitals in Delhi. Too much trust on his own territory.

Please put me in your ignore club and we will start reporting your messages. After all we are Bhakts! ;)

The Opposition is making Narendra Modi look larger than he is
Arvind Kejriwal, Nitish Kumar, Rahul Gandhi, they all seem diminished.
SHARES
Pratap Bhanu Mehta | Updated: September 15, 2016 11:34 am
modi-7591.jpg
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
The Modi government’s performance and grip over political reality are debatable matters. But those worried about Indian democracy should worry about the fact that the credibility of all alternative poles of opposition is plummeting even faster. The BJP may be trapped by its inflated claims and ideological leanings. But the sheer self-destructive pettiness and parochialism of the other parties is making it likely that the BJP’s failings will not be challenged by a credible Opposition, but by an outbreak of infantilism, where each alternative leader seems to get smaller by the day.

Look at possible poles of opposition. Arvind Kejriwal had emerged as a genuinely new political force. He still has a lot going for him. The BJP has inflicted a constitutional travesty upon Delhi, supported by a poor judgment of the Delhi high court. He is a victim of a shameless Central government and could have garnered sympathy. AAP still has a street tenacity that gets under the BJP’s skin. In a range of areas like servicing slums or education, AAP seemed to be open to interesting experimentation. But instead, Kejriwal’s own conduct and public interventions seem to now reek of daily pettiness, where the line between a dignified CM and low troll seems to be vanishing. The AAP’s visible faces seem to accumulate buffoonery by the day, denting all confidence in its maturity. AAP’s ideological leanings do not portend well: Kejriwal has, for the most part not attacked the BJP’s ideological excesses, even as it laments its authoritarian tendencies. On many issues relating to Hindutva and nationalism it is not providing an alternative.

One sign of a political party’s loss of direction is when it begins to claim everything is a media conspiracy. AAP, despite the media rooting for it, has reached that point rather swiftly. Its victimhood has now become an excuse for practically any kind of behaviour. Its battering ram politics may shake the BJP. But it is giving all the signs of a party that does not know how to move beyond a battering ram.

Nitish Kumar’s national fall has perhaps been even more spectacular. Nitish, a projected third front face, is still personally popular in Bihar. His first term did bring the state to the people in a way that was unprecedented and is still remembered.. He managed to provide some space for governance by managing a broad social coalition, and being inventive with government schemes. But his current incarnation has revealed the limits of his economic imagination: He seems to be at a loss over what next in the development model for Bihar. His ability to stamp his authority on the unlikely arrangement with RJD is increasingly in doubt. The scandalous release of Shahabuddin has cut Nitish’s authority and credibility to size. The chief minister who once brought law and order to Bihar has his authority challenged openly by a convicted criminal flaunting his power. Prohibition does have popular roots in Indian politics. But Nitish’s prohibition law, with its constitutional travesties of imputing collective guilt, its administrative imagination that is likely to result in greater lawlessness, shows a chief minister, whose common sense is now hostage to his own sense of virtue. For Nitish to become a national figure, he needed to create a new buzz around Bihar; now it is the conventional buzz of Bihar that is making him look like a floundering leader.

Rahul Gandhi has again decided to embark on old-fashioned campaigning in UP to showcase his commitment to India’s farmers. As a gesture of commitment, this is promising. And in any case he has no option but to try. But this strategy does not betray the slightest self-awareness of Rahul’s perceived deficits as a national leader: His inability to show that the Congress can overcome the mistakes of the past, his inability to show any principled leadership in moments of national crisis, to mediate conflict, and take tough decisions. It also says something retrograde when the party’s stated strategy in UP is also a back-to-the-fifties model: Making no bones about courting “Brahmins” being the new strategy.

All three poles have this in common: All are veering to the Left. This would be fine if it were a genuine commitment to a more participatory economy that smartly reconciles growth and justice. Instead the emphasis is entirely on public expenditure and old instruments of welfare, not new paradigms. All have forgotten that the way to get national prominence is to create something of a governance buzz. The virtues of the Gujarat model were highly exaggerated. But the point was that it did stake out claims to being a model. It should be a sign of worry that no one is remotely thinking of Karnataka (a major Congress-ruled state), Bihar, or Delhi as a model. All three parties believe in overbearing statism. The Congress and Nitish Kumar may project an aura of electoral secularism. But the Congress, especially, still cannot get itself to take a principled stand on an institutional defence of individual freedom, whether it be on sedition law or freedom of expression. They are still unable to set the agenda for national debates. And none of them seem capable of the central task of politics — mediating between different social groups.

The electoral space is opening up. Many BJP governments are in trouble. It is still hard to predict how new social forces will work themselves through the electoral system. So these parties could still give the BJP a run for their money in different states. But that may be small comfort for the Opposition. It is perhaps the case that national elections are becoming a little more than a sum of state elections; in which case merely local skulduggery, as important as it is, will not be sufficient. One has to project a national perspective, if not presence. The BJP is still being given a free run of this space. The danger is that new forms of social conflict may no longer be channelled through political parties. Besides the total loss of control in Kashmir, we have seen violent agitations in the economic powerhouses of Gujarat, Karnataka and Haryana this year. Kerala is emerging as a new hotbed of violence, its model now under serious social strain. Maharashtra is on the verge of major caste conflict, and criminality and communalism still define UP’s identity. India will need deeper political resources for social mediation. All it might get is an Opposition that seems not to want to rise to challenges; they are all making Modi look larger than he is.
Just a butt hurt commie who is in pain to give credit where its due. Author brings in every aspects of those usual 'secular' philosophy into the mix but fails to mention one crucial fact which really matters to ordinary Indians & propelled Modi above every other leader, corruption. Author conveniently ignores the fact that previous UPA govt was the most corrupt govt in the history of independent India...& present govt has been the cleanest in-terms of govt corruption! If there's something called good governance, it hasn't been visible in the past, but the current Govt is making effort towards that & author seems to be oblivious to that.
Author talks about Kejriwal being a popular alternative & gives Kejriwal's immaturity as the reason behind his declining fortunes. However author fails to add the fact that Kejriwal is no different to every other opportunistic politicians out there. Kejriwal in his short tenure has more negative accomplishments than any other in history for a beginner!
Although Nitish did well in his previous stints, again he proved to be an opportunistic politician who would put the future of ordinary Biharis in harms way for the greed of power & ego! Author doesn't talk about Nitish's transformation from susashan babu to kusashan babu within no time...but blames coalition compulsion instead. How conveniently author ignores the fact that Modi is above all of this pathetic characteristics & that's what sets him apart...& that's why he is larger than any of those mentioned by the author. They don't make him larger..he is just one of a kind who has the ability to rise above his compatriots!

Typical AAPtard behaviour after all ignorance is bliss. Your Mohalla clinic was presented as if it solves even cancer but Mr Khujliwal went to Bangalore forget about good hospitals in Delhi. Too much trust on his own territory.

Please put me in your ignore club and we will start reporting your messages. After all we are Bhakts! ;)

Modi toadie"s request is complied with.

And, I am going to ignore you so hard that you will doubt your own existence.

As for reporting.
I am awesome, even haters love me.

BTW, a parting gift for Modi lover like you:

modidudes2.png

Website, app for AIR's Balochi service to be launched tomorrow:

Did anyone see Ramchandra Guha's recent comment in his book about this government being the most "anti-intellectual" ?
I can't understand who these people are giving about those titles. I sure would like to apply for one.
Again are these the same people who lament endlessly about our poor academics point out how our share of scientific contribution is low etc etc...
Every time I hear one of these idiots, the first question I would like to ask is, what have you done in the first place and why should I listen to you?

Did anyone see Ramchandra Guha's recent comment in his book about this government being the most "anti-intellectual" ?
I can't understand who these people are giving about those titles. I sure would like to apply for one.
Again are these the same people who lament endlessly about our poor academics point out how our share of scientific contribution is low etc etc...
Every time I hear one of these idiots, the first question I would like to ask is, what have you done in the first place and why should I listen to you?

Well technically he is right based on the narrow definition n of 'intellectuals' we have in the country.

It usually refers to the children of Macaulay having an affair with communism.

1. News18 ‏@CNNnews18 6m6 minutes agoIndia
    JUST IN | It will be India's biggest asylum decision after Dalai Lama's in 1959 (Reports @manojkumargupta)

9 retweets8 likes

2. News18 ‏@CNNnews18 9m9 minutes agoIndia
    #EXCLUSIVE | Thanks to Modi, Balochistan has become an international issue; Getting a passport will be the greatest help for us: Bugti

24 retweets18 likes

3. News18 ‏@CNNnews18 9m9 minutes agoIndia
    #BREAKING | Baloch leader Brahamdagh Bugti welcomes India's 'historic' move in exclusive interview (Reports @manojkumargupta)

12 retweets7 likes

4. News18 ‏@CNNnews18 11m11 minutes agoIndia
    #BREAKING | If Baloch leaders apply for asylum, it will be granted within a few weeks: Top Govt sources (Reports @manojkumargupta)

24 retweets8 likes

5. News18 ‏@CNNnews18 12m12 minutes agoIndia
    #BREAKING | India wants Baloch leaders to formally apply for political asylum (Inputs: @manojkumargupta)

Back
Top Bottom