What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

what is the status of bjp in delhi...i am not talking about their popularity but election campaign there...can they form government this time...opinion poll shows that bjp coming in madhya pradesh,chhattisgarh and rajasthan..if bjp will not win this time in delhi then their chances for indian general elections 2014 looks dismal to me.

Chances are not good for BJP in Delhi
AAP factor will cut thier vote base

indiangeneralelections_zps3ed88103.png

Karnataka (15 is too high)
Rajasthan(it will be 5 or 20,RJ is like that,one way or the other)
Gujrat(will be 22+)

:)
Yeddy's KJP will put a spanner in the works for BJP in Karnataka. BJP needs to maximize their chances in UP & Bihar to make it close to 200. 40 + in UP & 25+ in Bihar will do it nicely.

@jha saheb can tell whats the mood of Bihar people more and more JDU mla is coming in support of NAMO ...

Yeddy's KJP will put a spanner in the works for BJP in Karnataka. BJP needs to maximize their chances in UP & Bihar to make it close to 200. 40 + in UP & 25+ in Bihar will do it nicely.
Yeddy has said he supports BJP and NDA. He wanted to merge KJP with BJP but as of now it is not happening

India needs Patel's secularism, not vote-bank secularism: Modi

KEVADIYA, GUJARAT: BJP's prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Thursday targeted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and asked him not to limit Sardar Patel to the narrow definition of political parties by calling him just a Congress leader.

Modi was addressing a gathering at the stone laying ceremony of the world's tallest statue of India's 'Iron man' Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel at Kevadiya in Narmada district 3km away from Narmada dam on the 138th birth anniversary of the leader.

Modi targeted the PM's statement made in Ahmedabad two days during the inauguration of the Sardar Patel memorial complex in the city. Manmohan Singh had then said, "I am proud and happy that I belong to a political party (Congress) to which Sardar Patel was attached."

Today, taking on the Prime Minister, Modi said, "I am thankful to the PM that he called the Sardar a true secular leader. Sardar was a true secular leader who rebuilt the Somnath temple but his secularism did not stop him from constructing the temple. Today the country needs Sardar Patel's secularism and not the secularism of vote-bank politics. Sardar Patel united the princely states of all the communities, societies, languages and never tried to divide them on any count. The country needs secularism like Sardar Patel not of vote-bank politics which divides the country."

"By aligning Sardar Patel with one party you are demeaning him. Sardar's legacy can not be limited to a party. Sardar's contribution can not be denied by history or by Narendra Modi. His legacy belongs to the country,'' he added.

Modi said, "When I built the Mahatma Mandir in memory of Gandhiji no one objected but when I started this project I faced criticism. Dalits, the marginalized class worship Baba Saheb Ambedkar as God but no one identifies him with anyone party. The great leaders like Maharana Pratap, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were not BJP leaders but they sacrificed their lives for the country. Country is bigger than the party. Anybody who sacrificed the life for country is our inspiration."

Modi also called the Sardar the tallest leader of India after Chanakya who had united the country. He said, "though the statue of unity is coming up in Gujarat, it is India's pride. This will give India a new height."

Modi also cornered PM on the Narmada project and urged him not to play politics and grant permission for raising the dam height. He said though all the compliance from Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh was over, but the Union government was still not permitting raising the Narmada dam height for no reason.

"I know PM and his boss (Sonia Gandhi)'s team :woot::woot:are watching my speech and I publicly want to tell him that for the country's sake don't play politics and give permission for raising the dam height. We will do whatever he says. I don't want my name on a plaque or any credit. He can take credit for everything but please give permission. People of Gujarat and Rajasthan need water, Madhya Pradesh and Maharastra need power. Maharashtra can alone save Rs 400 crore per annum.''

Meanwhile, sharing the stage with Narendra Modi, BJP leader L K Advani praised the Gujarat chief minister.

He also recalled former BJP Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's contribution and said that by the nuclear test Vajpayee had reinstated a place of pride for India in the world.

Referring to Sardar Patel's statue, Advani said, "Why can't India be respected as China or America? If through one Shanghai, China can get this much world attention why we can't we have it? This statue of unity is just one attempt in this direction."

Referring to the iron collection drive to collect material to build the statue, he said, "through this drive in seven lakh villages of the country we want to spread the mantra of unity across the country. Through this drive we want development, peace and unity and amity in the country. We can not divide the country in the name of region, religion, caste and creed which is destroying the country.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...bank-secularism-Modi/articleshow/24983417.cms

@jha saheb can tell whats the mood of Bihar people more and more JDU mla is coming in support of NAMO ...

JD-U seems to be on a path to balkanisation. What is needed is slow but steady push to get that done. With 6 months still left till general election, a shrewd political manager can make Nitish alone in his own party. Time is ripe for it. Even People like Devesh Thakur are slowly changing his tunes. Only the likes are Sabir Ali are hell bent on opposing Modi and Nitish is too eager to court them. Ground reality is that both BJP and JD-U lack leaders in several constituencies. With the autocratic behaviour of Nitish and few people already starting to bad mouth him, I am sure few sitting MPs from JD-Us and RJD can be persuaded to join BJP. All that is needed is 2-3 more Modi rallies and ground level work by cadre..

bjp messing up in haryana...have left INLD for alliance which has a fair chance of winning this time and anti congress votes splitting up into BJP and INLD

Back
Top Bottom